Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unknown private text

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I was in the life tower tonight, was just observing as usual in WU for a bit.
I had to report a couple people for profanity (ef word and racial slurs for both) when on my screen, pops up a private chat bubble (I am hidden to friends while I patrol) From a Paige, who sent me the -_- face... I ran around the tower a couple times but could NOT find her, when I attempted to click on her name I could not. This has happened in the past and now it is making me curious. Normally I receive a face sometimes a happy one, I believe one time my daughter got words, but she can not remember what it said.

So dear Professor Greyrose or Mr. Lincoln....

Are these chats from one of the KI or Wiz101 employees letting me know they are also watching?

I am hoping that is why these are the ONLY private text chats I can not click to respond to. (even when I am hidden, I can interact privately with a friend if we run into each other, but this mystery person was different.) I wanted to see who this wizard was.

I took it as a clue to call it a night as commons and dye shop were busy. I sat in commons had to report one more string of Eff bomb racial slurs and then logged off.

Maybe Paige can give me a smile next time I am on so I know she works for our favorite online game! My daughter will be pleased as well, as it creeped her out a bit, LOL.

Thank you!!!

Administrator
These texts are not from KingsIsle Employees.

If you've said something in the chat window, someone can click on your name (even after you've left the area) and directly message you.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I did not type one word while logged on last night..... I did not personally use chat, nor speak/type to anyone. Never in all my time playing has another player's private chat been unclickable to at least view the wizards character. The private message was in a white private chat bubble on the lower left hand side of my screen, and when i turned, it did not move, it was not over a players head.... I do not have a paige with no last name on my friend's list. The message that was sent to me was also in the chat log box, but was white (not a pink private chat like the bubble suggested) and her name was also not clickable at all.... Not even to view the wizard.

Administrator
The plot thickens!

Thank you for providing more information - it always helps if we have as much information up front as possible.

Let me dig a little deeper to see if I can determine the cause of this.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Here's a possible explanation.

In the Life Tower, there is a way to get INTO the wall near the door. When you're in the wall, you can see quite a bit of the inside room, but no one can see you.

There was a wizard who was in the wall while I was inside the room in the Life Tower. He sent me a private message, but I could not find him, nor could I click to bring up his 'profile'. He then sent me a friend request. When I accepted, he invited me to port to him inside the wall. I did, and let me tell you, it's a weird, creepy kind of experience .... it's the best I can describe it.

Anyway, that might be a possible explanation to the private chat and not seeing, nor being able to bring up the wizard's profile.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
Oh thank you professor! :D

It may be a bug, but it has happened before, in fact my daughter is the one who pointed it out last time it happened. :)

If it is a KI/W101 employee, all the better, they can send me a smiley or text in game anytime they want, I welcome it! If it is a bug, it is actually a friendly bug and I honestly enjoy it when it happens. (As it does not inhibit game play at all.)

Thank you for looking into it, next time I will try to capture a screen shot if I am fast enough to catch it.

From your ever faithful student, Jennifer Lifeheart.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
It just happened again, lol was in shopping district, in Wu, typical conversations going on, prepared to report someone talking of how fun rape is, when up pops a similar face, identical to the life tower one, but a different name, still unclickable and it seemed I was the only one who saw it. I never did send that report and I instead tried to communicate with him.... Even went home, but nothing. I am thinking they are hidden mods and for that I thank you and them and send a big :) and :D to you all.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
Oh I know all about the glitch BUT those chat bubbles will still be above their heads AND still clickable. IF it were a private chat from an unknown wizard I would have to speak out loud in the game, I have not... OR they would have to be my friend, these mystery texts are not any wizard who is a friend, as I have 10 friends and know their names by heart.

Again I have NOT said one word out loud in the game in days and days. AND IF it were a friend or a normal wizard who is doing this private chat the words in the log would be pink or a color similar to that... not white, and certainly not an un-clickable name.... at least to "see" the wizard.

It is okay though, I was just curious... if it were abusive, suggestive or somehow an unwanted text it would be different, but these are friendly and I wanted to thank whomever is behind them.... and please keep them coming I enjoy the mystery.... oooh maybe they can give me clues to lead me to something cool!!!

Jennifer LifeHeart

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
jennm2203 wrote:
It just happened again, lol was in shopping district, in Wu, typical conversations going on, prepared to report someone talking of how fun rape is, when up pops a similar face, identical to the life tower one, but a different name, still unclickable and it seemed I was the only one who saw it. I never did send that report and I instead tried to communicate with him.... Even went home, but nothing. I am thinking they are hidden mods and for that I thank you and them and send a big :) and :D to you all.

@Jennm2203,

Maybe you are a haunted wizard, like me. My Theurgist, Iridian has discovered a a phantom friend who has recently plagued her with weird port and flee from dungeon battles. I reported this, but no one at KI has suggested a possible explanation.

I, too, will be interested to see the denoument.

Regards,

Qbb

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:

@Jennm2203,

Maybe you are a haunted wizard, like me. My Theurgist, Iridian has discovered a a phantom friend who has recently plagued her with weird port and flee from dungeon battles. I reported this, but no one at KI has suggested a possible explanation.

I, too, will be interested to see the denoument.

Regards,

Qbb

OOH really!? This is "person" who is not on your list too??
Now that would be annoying if it brings the extra bad guys in especially an extra boss.... but how weird!

Yesterday I popped on to the game several times but alas my ghost did not feel the need to greet me. I guess mostly because I was equally inactive, (WU realm was not so bad for once) so I ran around a bit and then logged off.

I always look forward to those mysterious smilies!