Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber Disagreements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Dear Ronster55,

I am very sure you are to read this message and plz reply:
You know that just because YOU have everything except the amber and that you want the spells to be crafted only but it is unfair that the other schools can buy or get theirs from a drop without crafting it. I personally haven't been crafting much due to the fact that I know I will never be able to get enough amber and a lot of people are behind me on this. Consider this and THINK about it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I stopped crafting anything after The Seal of the Seven Seas, even that is a stretch for me. I only do that on one wizard per account so I can craft the Wintertusk gear.

When crafting becomes the game I rather quest so made the choice to drop it on any of my other wizards past Mooshu where it's still a bit fun. I haven't missed the impossible crafting and are not even temped by it. I don't need any other spells then what my schools give me, I don't plan on going past Zafaria so don't need better gear, it turns out to be a win win for me all the way around.

I just file it under all the other things that the game likes to put out of reach of the family fun player like me.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Really??? I think its a little uncalled for that you need to post an ENTIRE new thread just to say this to me. You had a thread, post there if you disagree with me, not start a whole different one with "Dear Ronster55," at the start. -_- Fine, let amber become even easier to get, if the mods so say. And now because everyone else is saying amber is bad, that means i am obligated to agreeing that they are right? I am entitled to my opinion, so what, I think differently of amber, you dont have to craft the spells, so its not the end of the world. You dont have to craft anything requiring it, so its not the end of the world. I dont see what the fuss is about.

If you dont like something that isnt required, then you dont have to do it! Simple as that!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I too find it odd that someone would start an entire thread to "call out" another member, why wouldn't you do it in the appropriate thread? Anyway I'll throw in my two cents on amber. Do I find the limited ability to garden and transmute it frustrating, absolutely. Should this item be altered in it's drop rate, not necessarily. KI gave fair warning that it would be difficult and matching to level of challenge for what will be made with it, specifically in this case of actually crafting not a TC but a spell itself. It should be difficult and take time and patience. Would it be convenient to make drops/transmute easier sure, but not acceptable to what is made with it. Does that mean there will be those who lack patience and not used to being disappointed will moan and complain, yep. Items that require amber are significant, and in most cases not attainable any other way and should be understood as such, not merely another item to quickly and easily craft because you can. It combines high level skill in multiple areas to gather all the reagents needed, a challenge yes, frustrating, yes, attainable, yes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
I too find it odd that someone would start an entire thread to "call out" another member, why wouldn't you do it in the appropriate thread? Anyway I'll throw in my two cents on amber. Do I find the limited ability to garden and transmute it frustrating, absolutely. Should this item be altered in it's drop rate, not necessarily. KI gave fair warning that it would be difficult and matching to level of challenge for what will be made with it, specifically in this case of actually crafting not a TC but a spell itself. It should be difficult and take time and patience. Would it be convenient to make drops/transmute easier sure, but not acceptable to what is made with it. Does that mean there will be those who lack patience and not used to being disappointed will moan and complain, yep. Items that require amber are significant, and in most cases not attainable any other way and should be understood as such, not merely another item to quickly and easily craft because you can. It combines high level skill in multiple areas to gather all the reagents needed, a challenge yes, frustrating, yes, attainable, yes.

Well put post Krailzec!

While I personally would like the wiskers and dust drop rate to increase slightly (for transmute), I understand that KI intends for any objective requiring Amber to be the most time consuming crafting requirement in the game. Like I've indicated in other threads, I'm personally willing to wait a few months for Amber to become more prevalent (but working on the current requirements at this moment). Right now, KI wants to limit the amount of Amber-required items (new spells, house games, etc) in the game and limiting Amber sources accomplishes that (while frustrating some players too, because the amount of time required is significant).

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Krailzec wrote:

Thank you, I couldnt of said it better myself.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
you know your a funny guy lol. well yes i agree that permament spells should a bit above the level of very hard to get but this is not even worth obtaning. now ronster has said in a different post that you should mass garden for it but the only plants that drop it are crown plants. so if you do feel like spending a truck load of money on plants then you have a chance of getting 12 amber and im pretty sure that most wouldnt wanna spend money just for a chance of 12 amber. now let me tell you something. ive gone through mirror lake 13 times now and even though i was only there for the pet snacks i was kinda there to test out how much amber dust and ambrose wiskers drop. well i have 1 amber dust from those 13 runs. and even if you got just 1 of either regents every time it would still take you 120 runs not to mention the fact that you may keep getting amber dust when you only need wiskers so you can add that to the equation and you get some random number obove 120 BUT GUESS WHAT thats not the way it works right now cause right now you can very likely go through 10 times and get NOTHING. and dont even suggest farming for seeds that drop amber cause ive been farming for just evil magma peas and after 26 runs on one bosss only 1 seed to show for it so you can imagine what it would be like to farm for white tiger lillies(witch ive herd dont even drop there own seed). oh and btw on another post on these forums someone did that math for the sunstone and golden pearls and i cant remember the exact number but it was over 800,000 gold for the transmute alone just to get 12 amber. oh and that little warning you said they gave us well everyone did expect a good challenge but not this ludicrous transmute. so to sum it all up theres one thing you missed in your little list at the end of your last quote, an impossible challenge yes, frustrating yes, attanible? only if you dont have a job, kids, school, a hobby, ect. so ya attanible if you dont have a life.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
you know your a funny guy lol. well yes i agree that permament spells should a bit above the level of very hard to get but this is not even worth obtaning. now ronster has said in a different post that you should mass garden for it but the only plants that drop it are crown plants. so if you do feel like spending a truck load of money on plants then you have a chance of getting 12 amber and im pretty sure that most wouldnt wanna spend money just for a chance of 12 amber. now let me tell you something. ive gone through mirror lake 13 times now and even though i was only there for the pet snacks i was kinda there to test out how much amber dust and ambrose wiskers drop. well i have 1 amber dust from those 13 runs. and even if you got just 1 of either regents every time it would still take you 120 runs not to mention the fact that you may keep getting amber dust when you only need wiskers so you can add that to the equation and you get some random number obove 120 BUT GUESS WHAT thats not the way it works right now cause right now you can very likely go through 10 times and get NOTHING. and dont even suggest farming for seeds that drop amber cause ive been farming for just evil magma peas and after 26 runs on one bosss only 1 seed to show for it so you can imagine what it would be like to farm for white tiger lillies(witch ive herd dont even drop there own seed). oh and btw on another post on these forums someone did that math for the sunstone and golden pearls and i cant remember the exact number but it was over 800,000 gold for the transmute alone just to get 12 amber. oh and that little warning you said they gave us well everyone did expect a good challenge but not this ludicrous transmute. so to sum it all up theres one thing you missed in your little list at the end of your last quote, an impossible challenge yes, frustrating yes, attanible? only if you dont have a job, kids, school, a hobby, ect. so ya attanible if you dont have a life.

I would like to see what sojourna has to say on this! She called me a bully, yet you are calling those who put up with amber no-lifes. Where is the fair in this? I get "bullied" and no one cares? I make one comment that could be viewed as "rude" and I am a "bully"? You people drive me insane.

As for my response to that, I did not say you have to buy them. They are dropped all over the spiral, and garden on all wizards and you should be able to get it. BTW 800,000 gold isnt that much when you think about it. How much have you made through all your wizarding journeys? Probably... maybe 2,000,000 if you have more than 2 Archmage wizards. And for those that farm, at least 5,000,000. It looks like alot but truly, it isnt. A house costs 100,000. Gardening spells altogether including the new ones, 986,800 (As a little estimate). Buying reagents alone costs for me at least, 1,200,000. Other things such as equipment, furniture, seeds, and whatnot, I would guess 800,000.
Thats over 3,000,000 there, and how much of that do we take note in spending? Not much. 800,000 can be made in around... 4 hours? Sounds like a lot, but considering this generation, its not a lot, LOL. (yes, that includes me and my friends)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

I would like to see what sojourna has to say on this! She called me a bully, yet you are calling those who put up with amber no-lifes. Where is the fair in this? I get "bullied" and no one cares? I make one comment that could be viewed as "rude" and I am a "bully"? You people drive me insane.

As for my response to that, I did not say you have to buy them. They are dropped all over the spiral, and garden on all wizards and you should be able to get it. BTW 800,000 gold isnt that much when you think about it. How much have you made through all your wizarding journeys? Probably... maybe 2,000,000 if you have more than 2 Archmage wizards. And for those that farm, at least 5,000,000. It looks like alot but truly, it isnt. A house costs 100,000. Gardening spells altogether including the new ones, 986,800 (As a little estimate). Buying reagents alone costs for me at least, 1,200,000. Other things such as equipment, furniture, seeds, and whatnot, I would guess 800,000.
Thats over 3,000,000 there, and how much of that do we take note in spending? Not much. 800,000 can be made in around... 4 hours? Sounds like a lot, but considering this generation, its not a lot, LOL. (yes, that includes me and my friends)
sorry if i sounded offensive first of all so let me re phrase it. you basicly have to have a ton of extra time for this to be attanible. now i noticed the only thing you really argued about was the the gold. nice rant but what about all my other statements besides the garden thing witch AGAIN is very very rarely droped so have fun farming the same boss 100 times in a row for about 5 or maybe even 3 white tiger lillies or any other crown plant that drops amber. so thats the only thing i had to defend really cause it seems you couldnt argue with any other of my statements be sides the gold lol. yes i agree 800,000 isint a heck load of gold but its still a lot no matter witch way you put it lol. btw where did you get the 800,000 can be farmed in 4 hours because idk if ww drops a lot of auctionable gear but i would like to know who or what you farm. btw again you seem to not care what ki does to this game do you. you just accept it all.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Did you seriously just make a whole new post just to tell someone that they are wrong when they are in fact right about the amber situation?

Might i remind you, that if you want to, you could farm those perfectly good bosses out in mooshu for the spell. No its not easy there, i have yet to get it on my life after hundreds of tries. However! it is acheivable both ways, and in the pack. If you are going to complain about the rarity of getting amber, you really need to stop, because KI has given us plenty of ways to get the spells, and you chose to only try one. Its not being successful, so you complain on the message boards, but you didnt try any other way.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

sorry if i sounded offensive first of all so let me re phrase it. you basicly have to have a ton of extra time for this to be attanible. now i noticed the only thing you really argued about was the the gold. nice rant but what about all my other statements besides the garden thing witch AGAIN is very very rarely droped so have fun farming the same boss 100 times in a row for about 5 or maybe even 3 white tiger lillies or any other crown plant that drops amber. so thats the only thing i had to defend really cause it seems you couldnt argue with any other of my statements be sides the gold lol. yes i agree 800,000 isint a heck load of gold but its still a lot no matter witch way you put it lol. btw where did you get the 800,000 can be farmed in 4 hours because idk if ww drops a lot of auctionable gear but i would like to know who or what you farm. btw again you seem to not care what ki does to this game do you. you just accept it all.

I do care actually, I just prefer not to rant about it. I was quite disappointed to be honest when wysteria came out, I didnt like it at all, but I didnt rant. And I did argue with it, tell me, how many King Parsley have you got through all the times you beat the game. Probably 5 or so. Everyone thinks White Tiger Lilies are the way to go, but to be honest, I think otherwise. (Although they do give fancy yogurt! I do need that! lol) Try my method, it might work for you, plus after they hit elder, they reseed! (King parsley farm, 64-74 king parsley PER WIZARD, with the exception of one of your choice.)
As for who I farm, I farm Halfang Bristlecrown, who has only auctionable gear. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Halfang_Bristlecrown
(That is his page). Most people farm him for gold, NOT WATERWORKS. He is in vestrilund. I am humble, unlike you and all those other ranters. :? :|

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
thejordanator wrote:
Did you seriously just make a whole new post just to tell someone that they are wrong when they are in fact right about the amber situation?

Might i remind you, that if you want to, you could farm those perfectly good bosses out in mooshu for the spell. No its not easy there, i have yet to get it on my life after hundreds of tries. However! it is acheivable both ways, and in the pack. If you are going to complain about the rarity of getting amber, you really need to stop, because KI has given us plenty of ways to get the spells, and you chose to only try one. Its not being successful, so you complain on the message boards, but you didnt try any other way.
ok so heres my response. why dont we all just accept everything ki does huh. why dont we all just trash our own opinions and all agree with ronster(even though i have facts to back up my own opinion). so lets let ki just do whatever they want and be ok with it, is that what you and ronster want cause you seem to be very desprate to defend amber witch most are very unhappy with. the best i can guess on what you and ronster are thinking is that you dont care and you never have you just wanna defend ki or you actually like pulling your hair out trying to get this ludicrous regent(if you dont hate trying to get it then i would wonder if you have anything else to do) again sorry if i was offensive i just couldnt find any other way to put it

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
ok so heres my response. why dont we all just accept everything ki does huh. why dont we all just trash our own opinions and all agree with ronster(even though i have facts to back up my own opinion). so lets let ki just do whatever they want and be ok with it, is that what you and ronster want cause you seem to be very desprate to defend amber witch most are very unhappy with. the best i can guess on what you and ronster are thinking is that you dont care and you never have you just wanna defend ki or you actually like pulling your hair out trying to get this ludicrous regent(if you dont hate trying to get it then i would wonder if you have anything else to do) again sorry if i was offensive i just couldnt find any other way to put it

Ya agree with me! haha! I like that idea! Well anyways, most of my friends on the game arent disappointed or unhappy. I do care, please dont make assumptions unlesss you have enough information. I do have other things to do, and does it take much to plant some plants and check on them ONCE a day? No, it doesnt.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

Ya agree with me! haha! I like that idea! Well anyways, most of my friends on the game arent disappointed or unhappy. I do care, please dont make assumptions unlesss you have enough information. I do have other things to do, and does it take much to plant some plants and check on them ONCE a day? No, it doesnt.
yes i agree is isnt hard to take care of plants but its extremely hard to get even one(i hate those evil magma peas so much and i may have posted again but is was just the most obvious thing you were missing lol(unless you wanna spend money on those plants in the crown shop)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
yes i agree is isnt hard to take care of plants but its extremely hard to get even one(i hate those evil magma peas so much and i may have posted again but is was just the most obvious thing you were missing lol(unless you wanna spend money on those plants in the crown shop)
It isnt hard, its just annoying, cause you get your hopes up then they get brought down.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
gweedoboy wrote:
Krailzec wrote:

I am a legendary artisan and I am here to tell you I have to characters that need the amber. A fire character that is crafting the tag game and A death character that is crafting the death spells. Don't tell me it is not attainable. Even if you work you can still attain it. Like everyone is saying it takes time and patience. And when I am done I can be proud to stand up and say yes I did this. And the death spell I used a treasure card just to see how it looked. I loved it and to add colossal or other fists to it well they will make it that much better in my eyes. I don't know about your eyes but i will be proud again when my death has that spell as her regular death spell what a wonderful day that will be. And I hope you are not around to see it when I say woohoo how strong I will make that spell. I love this game lots. And I have the patience to do both.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
bananas3 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Krailzec wrote:

I am a legendary artisan and I am here to tell you I have to characters that need the amber. A fire character that is crafting the tag game and A death character that is crafting the death spells. Don't tell me it is not attainable. Even if you work you can still attain it. Like everyone is saying it takes time and patience. And when I am done I can be proud to stand up and say yes I did this. And the death spell I used a treasure card just to see how it looked. I loved it and to add colossal or other fists to it well they will make it that much better in my eyes. I don't know about your eyes but i will be proud again when my death has that spell as her regular death spell what a wonderful day that will be. And I hope you are not around to see it when I say woohoo how strong I will make that spell. I love this game lots. And I have the patience to do both.
i said i wouldnt quote on ronster in a different post but i didnt say anything about you. now first of all you said that when you get this spell(witch could range anywhere from 2 months to a year) you hoped i wouldnt be around. do you kinda hate me or something? but anyways yes there is no better feeling then completing something hard but this is one of those things that you complete and end up just realived its over(i know from experience and it was only those conga drums from zafaria). btw could you look at the deer knights damage then look at skeletal pirates damage(both cost 5 pips) then add colossal to both and see how big the difference is in damage. and you did say you would also use feint to boost this spell as well didnt you? well i i remember correctly that spell does over time damage. also can you tell me the ast time you used a rank 5 move to try to kill a enemy(besides ones that are near death)or should i say enemies(all fights involve 2 enemies or more do they not). so you have frankenstein scarecrow and skeletal dragon yet you sound like you would use this spell very often even though it isnt as reliable as the spells ive mentioned(again if you have colossal add it to those moves cause it would not make sense not to). but however now you can attain the spell in a hoard pack so this spell may go from never seen in combat to very very rare to see. and one last thing you mentionedyou had a fire wizard trying to craft the tag game did you not? well a peice of advice i would save the amber and wait for a fire craftable spell because im pretty sure those house games dont get used very often at all(unless your a party type a guy who has a lot of house parties lol).

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Supposedly the white tiger lily has the best chance of dropping amber. I have recently planted a few in my garden. I did not buy them in the crown shop. The white tiger lily can also be dropped by bosses. I am not sure which bosses, but you can look it up online. Just like evil magma peas and other crown shop items, you can farm bosses until you get the reagents or the plants that drop reagents. I understand people want things easy these days, but Kingsisle makes some things harder to keep people playing that actually enjoy a challenge.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
who said anything about me being a guy. And besides why would I spend money on crowns, to me that is cheating. I would rather fight, plant or hunt for what i want. To me more satisfying. You do what you like. And I will be proud to have stuff I actually worked for, Not used money to purchase packs that randomly give good stuff. I do check them out in the test realm. I don't buy in live. I am a member and appreciate the challenge of getting good stuff. My fire character is doing the planting to get the amber and if it takes me months or even a year to complete my task so be it. And as far as the conga drums I have three other characters who are doing it. I use my other characters who have completed the quest to put stuff in the SHARED BANK there is one of those you know. So I don't think it will take as long as you say for me to work up what I am crafting. I have been playing this game almost five years so I have seen stuff come and go. I have crafted almost everything to be crafted. From houses to clothes and stuff in between. So everyone have fun with what ever you are doing and good luck to those who are crafting stuff with the amber. Love you wizard keep up the good work.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
bananas3 wrote:
who said anything about me being a guy. And besides why would I spend money on crowns, to me that is cheating. I would rather fight, plant or hunt for what i want. To me more satisfying. You do what you like. And I will be proud to have stuff I actually worked for, Not used money to purchase packs that randomly give good stuff. I do check them out in the test realm. I don't buy in live. I am a member and appreciate the challenge of getting good stuff. My fire character is doing the planting to get the amber and if it takes me months or even a year to complete my task so be it. And as far as the conga drums I have three other characters who are doing it. I use my other characters who have completed the quest to put stuff in the SHARED BANK there is one of those you know. So I don't think it will take as long as you say for me to work up what I am crafting. I have been playing this game almost five years so I have seen stuff come and go. I have crafted almost everything to be crafted. From houses to clothes and stuff in between. So everyone have fun with what ever you are doing and good luck to those who are crafting stuff with the amber. Love you wizard keep up the good work.
sorry if you miss interpreted what i said when i said guy so let me rephrase it. unless your a party type of PERSON who has a lot of house parties lol.
better?
btw i as well like to work for my stuff and to prove it i do have full ww gear, both ring and antheme from tower of helephant, an awesome pet that took 10 hatches to get, and i had to earn some money in real life to get a mount. however this amber i will not do(ive run mirror lake 14 times and the result is 1 amber dust) its just to much right now and i have a storm wizard i am working on who is level 36. btw since i only have 2 wizards(again one is level 36 and has not even started crafting yet) the shared bank thing is a good idea but that does work for me at the moment but hey thats certenly good for you. and for the record ive been playing this game for 4 years(not as long as you but still) so ive seen stuff come and gone as well and amber is Kis worst addition to the game in my opinion and if you cant respect that so be it but i have no problem with anyone who is willing to craft with amber(although i still think its its a new level of hard).

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Guys guys, can we all stop fussing and agree amber is the best update KI ever made? LOL
Please, dont hate on each other over this. A reagent taking the community apart. Wow XD
@Caballo203
In fact, there is!
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:White_Tiger_Lily
It takes lots of time, but its worth it in the long run! (Although I havent got one as a drop yet -_-)

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Ronster55 stop teasing people it's not nice.

Everyone saying that amber is hard to get so I made experiment to see how it goes.
I planted 2 White Tiger Lily seeds
Significant Reward: 2 fancy yogurt and 1 amber
10 Red bell peppers:
Significant Reward: Lots of Dr. Jalapeno snacks and 1 amber
Over 20 King Parsley
Significant Reward: 2 Sunstones, 1 Aether

Its looks like the winner is red bell pepper because it gives many nice snacks for pets.
Is there are any other plants that drops good snacks (none crown shop)?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
open33 wrote:
I don't see what's mean about it... Nothing's wrong with a little joke.
open33 wrote:

Everyone saying that amber is hard to get so I made experiment to see how it goes.
10 Red bell peppers:
Over 20 King Parsley

Its looks like the winner is red bell pepper because it gives many nice snacks for pets.

Wouldn't the winner be White Tiger Lily here? You planted less and you got fancy yogurt, although Dr. Jalapeno is pretty good.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well it's looking like it will take me 2 months to get 12 amber. It takes about 2 weeks to farm king parsley to elder and that is just annoying. I absolutely hate it after 20 king parsleys I got 3 amber and before I got another 3. I have done some water works and mirror lake runs( not a lot) and haven't gotten anything to transmute. So yea amber is just too hard.

I actually tried buying it from the pack but instead of getting deer knight I got fomori giant TWICE! ~.~ I really wish I could trade fomori for deer knight.

So yea my point is it should take about 2 months or at least a month in a half to get enough amber by gardening. I mean unless you just farm kp you can farm 64 of them per account. But if your like me and have some magma peas or other plants then you can only farm so much.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
open33 wrote:

10 Red bell peppers:
Over 20 King Parsley

ARE YOU INSANE! He posted a thread starting with @Ronster55 and you are telling me to stop teasing people?!?!?! I am not, its a joke. People dont understand sarcasm these days... -_-