Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot Harvest AT ALL

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Im new to gardening and wanted to try.
I noticed 2 small pots in my dorm on each side of the room door.
I planted in both. I bought spells, took care of both plants but now the plant on the
Left side of door (if facing door) will only show an X for the bank in room and if I attempt to try the other side, it just brings me outside since its near door.
I've tried every way to get close enought to harvest & cannot.

I cannot move the plant or the bank either. Is this some kind of joke???
Why wouldn't you warn new gardners to move pots first or that u can't move them while growing??? I wasted gold and time on this and get no rewards. It's going to elder now so I guess that's it.
Why place the pot in that spot if it's invalid? To cheat us?

The plant on the right is ok as long as I harvest from the side thats not by the door since the door side just boots you out of the room.

I think it's extremely decietful to place planting pots in a spot that guarantees failure by placing the non-moveable BANK right next to it. I would have moved pot before planting of I had any idea that the game creators wouldn't know what they were doing but I assumed they DID know and it was a decent spot if they place them there.

So did I just get set up and now out of luck for what I lost???
It makes me hate gardening now & I was looking forward to it but now I worry about what else we won't find out until its too late.

How do I scrap this plant now so I can move pot away to the attic or something!?!?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Firesyne wrote:
How do I scrap this plant now so I can move pot away to the attic or something!?!?

Use the plow spell to remove the plant.....and you can't "grow" plants in the attic. The attic is storage space.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
You don't have to plow the plant. If you can't get your position right to harvest just by standing near the pots, then go into gardening mode. Once there, use your mouse to click on each plant to harvest. Don't have any gardening spells active at the time or you will tend the plant rather than harvest.

Good luck, gardening can be fun and very rewarding. Have patience.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Firesyne wrote:
Im new to gardening and wanted to try.
I noticed 2 small pots in my dorm on each side of the room door.
I planted in both. I bought spells, took care of both plants but now the plant on the
Left side of door (if facing door) will only show an X for the bank in room and if I attempt to try the other side, it just brings me outside since its near door.
I've tried every way to get close enought to harvest & cannot.

I cannot move the plant or the bank either. Is this some kind of joke???
Why wouldn't you warn new gardners to move pots first or that u can't move them while growing??? I wasted gold and time on this and get no rewards. It's going to elder now so I guess that's it.
Why place the pot in that spot if it's invalid? To cheat us?

The plant on the right is ok as long as I harvest from the side thats not by the door since the door side just boots you out of the room.

I think it's extremely decietful to place planting pots in a spot that guarantees failure by placing the non-moveable BANK right next to it. I would have moved pot before planting of I had any idea that the game creators wouldn't know what they were doing but I assumed they DID know and it was a decent spot if they place them there.

So did I just get set up and now out of luck for what I lost???
It makes me hate gardening now & I was looking forward to it but now I worry about what else we won't find out until its too late.

I have had this issue if I place my crafting tables to close together. Altho there is probably an exact spot you can harvest from I agree the placement may of not been the best, better off with them over under the windows in the dorm. The fact that you have been able to care for them shows they are accessible. I would continue to try to find the spot for harvest then move the pots, other wise plow them up and move the pots, nothing ventured nothing gained at that point. As much as I like gardening I have never done it to get something dropped so never expect much from it but plant animation.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
You can click the icon and click your plant, to back me up, when you put your cursor over it, it displays "Click to Harvest". Hope this helps! Sorry about your troubles :P

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I apologize if I came off sounding rude in my original post. I was just frustrated at that point and vented here.

Anyway, I click gardening & all it does when I mouse over plant is show needs and progress to elder...etc... No harvest options.

Thanks for the replies & again I apologize. I'm normally not the type to get so angry.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Aritako wrote:
You don't have to plow the plant. If you can't get your position right to harvest just by standing near the pots, then go into gardening mode. Once there, use your mouse to click on each plant to harvest. Don't have any gardening spells active at the time or you will tend the plant rather than harvest.

Good luck, gardening can be fun and very rewarding. Have patience.

Thanks....I tried this and clicking does nothing.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Oh I tried the harvest while in gardening mode and it worked!!!
Thanks soooo much for all your help!

I got into this game when my son mentioned it & begged to play it on my PC (I saw commercials too) and I ended up getting hooked watching him play! It's great & now hopefully I'll love gardening too!

Thanks!!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Firesyne wrote:
I apologize if I came off sounding rude in my original post. I was just frustrated at that point and vented here.

Anyway, I click gardening & all it does when I mouse over plant is show needs and progress to elder...etc... No harvest options.

Thanks for the replies & again I apologize. I'm normally not the type to get so angry.

I think we have all had/have our moments where the game gets the better of us but realize as many will say - "It's just a game".

Altho your post did sound a bit like you maybe stomping your feet or in a snit over it, I didn't think it was bad.

In the end don't sweat the small stuff. You did the right thing, you posted here, someone knew the answer and now you can move on as a happy plant grower.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Thanks...
Its funny because I'm the one always yelling at everyone in our house to stop getting so angry over a game & now here I am getting worked up myself!
I can honestly say this won't be happening often with me but thanks for putting up with me so far by putting aside my tantrum & still offering helpful advice.
This is a great forum :-)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Firesyne wrote:
Thanks...
Its funny because I'm the one always yelling at everyone in our house to stop getting so angry over a game & now here I am getting worked up myself!
I can honestly say this won't be happening often with me but thanks for putting up with me so far by putting aside my tantrum & still offering helpful advice.

If you ever need help, you can come to us! There are plenty of us willing to help you! :) May you ever a great time while gardening, and get 100 emps! (Evil Magma Peas). (That you can share with me, of course! ^^)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Firesyne wrote:
Thanks...

Personally i think gardening is amazing

hope you'll love it too :D