Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Avalon Crafted Gear needs some change

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I am a legendary crafter and I have been looking over the crafted Avalon gear. Right now I see that only ice can truely benifit from it due to all the stats being better than the ww gear for ice. I understand ice deserves the resistance and I am not here to complain about that but I am here to ask why does all the other gear have so many draw backs.

For instance I look at the Long Coat of the Wold (deaths robe) and I see a small increase in critical loss of block loss of pip chance loss of strength, and gain of accuracy boost. The resistance stays the same as ww gear.

I don't mind the loss of a little damage boost since you get some increase in critical but what I do mind the most is accuracy. Death really doesn't need a boost in accuracy grant it that I do fizzle I don't fizzle a lot. I would rather have a power pip percent than accuracy boost. Death would only need 5% accuracy boost to be at 90 anyways.

Then I looked at the helemet for death (don't remeber the name) It had a large increase in critical but besides that most of everything else was lost or diminished. pip chance, block, etc.

My question is can't we get gear thats a little more fair. I mean KI is pushing torwards critical and I dont mind that but I don't want to lose this much to gain so little.

At least change the accuracy to pip chance for the schools or life death and balance. Also maybe add in something special to the school like a healing boost or something because ice gets this nice resistance while we lose it. I wouldn't mind have a little less resistance but I would like some along with a pip boost.

P.S. Just about all the schools equipment was the same when it came to losses ice really was the only one who didnt have to sacrifice anything.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I suggest crafting the block boots and the robe; its only one power a few other things for like 30 more critical, which is worth it to me, unless its pvp.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
we have the same thought. ice is like a real war lord now my friend have 91% fire res 80something storm res i mean that's crazy and he is going for 100%!! now i'm are still going with water works gear because that's the only "perfect" gear for death. now everywhere you go if you saw ice around that all have 70something res for fire and storm and still have like 48 res for all the other school. it gives good block too. the highest res i got for my death is 41 that's it. i don't think that's really fair for death even for all the other school. ice has most res for 2 most powerful school i don't think that death have a chance at pvp or fire and storm :x

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Actually I've seen all the schools use the crafted boots that give the great block. And fire,storm,ice, and balance have been using the hat and robe as well.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gougou101 wrote:
we have the same thought. ice is like a real war lord now my friend have 91% fire res 80something storm res i mean that's crazy and he is going for 100%!! now i'm are still going with water works gear because that's the only "perfect" gear for death. now everywhere you go if you saw ice around that all have 70something res for fire and storm and still have like 48 res for all the other school. it gives good block too. the highest res i got for my death is 41 that's it. i don't think that's really fair for death even for all the other school. ice has most res for 2 most powerful school i don't think that death have a chance at pvp or fire and storm :x

Oh you think its tough for a storm or death wizard to beat an ice, try a fire like me! Biggest nightmare ever! (Every match for me takes at least 2 hours with them)

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Oh you think its tough for a storm or death wizard to beat an ice, try a fire like me! Biggest nightmare ever! (Every match for me takes at least 2 hours with them)

i can beat a ice i'm death commander now
that's why it need change is not fair to storm and fire i'm on your side dude

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
I agree with you 100%, everytime I walk near an ice "pvper", I feel intimidated. You think ice are weak?! They're crazy strong at lvls 74+.
With the sun spell boosts and infallible, they're a 1 man killing machine! Something has to be done about that. Its a landslide for them in pvp!

I'm an archmage theurgist and I have all the avalon crafted gear. I have also crafted the life ice shoes for good block, but my resist is at 18% now in pvp. I've tried farming for ww gear(4-5 times) but no luck and I'm done trying. Its a waste of time for me. I've tried getting pet resist, but i'm not getting any good talents and my gold is draining!

The Avalon crafted gear needs improvement! (some good resist, good pip chance, more accuracy). We really worked hard on trying to get our crafted gear but to find out our stats are still lacking improvement.