Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help for myth vs myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Im a level 65 myth in zamunda and whenever I battle longdreamer shamans I get defeated unless someonelse is there (I usually solo) so I was wondering if there's any tips to help me defeat monsters of my same school for myth

Malorn Deathwielder lvl65 conjurer
Master of Monsters

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
My myth had problems with them also. Equip your deck with the prisim traps and you'll have an easier time of it. Don't bother with wasting a pip on the spirit blades and just use a myth or balance blade to amp up your damage on the pesky pachyderms.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
colors24 wrote:
Im a level 65 myth in zamunda and whenever I battle longdreamer shamans I get defeated unless someonelse is there (I usually solo) so I was wondering if there's any tips to help me defeat monsters of my same school for myth

Master of Monsters

You have prisms~ use them. And, if you haven't already, go and train the Astral enchantment spells in Celestia and Zafaria... the damage boosts are extremely useful.

Another rule of thumb is to keep your deck small (best piece of advice anyone's ever given me). As an example, here's my archmage sorcerer's deck:

2 Balanceblade
1 Bladestorm
2 Amplify
3 Colossal
3 Power Nova
2 Reshuffle

Sideboard:

4 Major Torment cards (wand strike)
1 Balanceblade (from Witch's Star necklace)
1 Hex (also from Witch's Star necklace)

-
For a Myth wizard, use your Humungofrog (in place of Power Nova) and swap out the Balanceblades for your Myth ones. Don't forget your prisms~ they are the best tools at your disposal, for same-school fights.

All schools (except Balance) have a blade amulet that's available from Nesrine Lightstep (or the one beside her, I forget) in Zafaria. It's called Shango's ____blade Amulet (Myth, in your case), and will probably be your best friend (since it stacks with your trained Mythblade).

Good luck!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally for myth mob fights I have given up on prisms, boss fights I bother but not mobs, I use mainly my frog spell, I have the Sun Spell 225, to boost him a bit and can fire him off every 4 pips, if I get only power pips that is every other round literally so gives me time for a blade in between. I have the level 56 crafted Wintertusk gear, even though I am level 71 and with rest of gear has my damage over 50%. I have a pet with spritely, which I feel is a main ingredient for a solo fighter and always put at least one sprite card in my deck but can't remember the last time I used it. I hone my deck down to less then 20 spells so I am not waiting for things I need while they plummet me.

Myth has been an interesting school for me since in the beginning I could not find a happy medium for power since I do solo also. I do make use of the puppet and cyclops minion and I finally got the idea of the 2 hit spells, once I started to put the pieces together on building it up I was then a threat. In higher worlds it's practical to learn how to work the frog so even in mob fights you are working on both at the same time.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Put as many prisms in your deck as you can. Them, when in battle, cast a prism to all enemies and use you're highest Attack all Enemies spell, or a really high powered spell. Make sure you put on a few charms and traps too, for extra power!

-Wolf, Level 55 Death

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
colors24 wrote:

Master of Monsters

Use your prism. Use your traps and blades.
And whatever secondary school you have as well.