Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 pairs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Well we've all established that Ice is a major issue in pvp, so lets move on to something else, shall we? This is for the people like me who love group pvp :D

What are your picks for best pairs for the types of matches we have? And if you feel so why?

I don' feel like explaining lol so here's my picks:

2v2 -- 2 ice
3v3 -- Myth, Life, and Storm
4v4 -- Myth, Life, Death, and Balance

Meh I will explain the myth life death and balance combo. Each of these schools is amazing at weaknening their opponents strengths and supporting one another. Deaths plaugues prose problems for people who think they can just blade up and win. Myth demolishes can completely alter the field to how they want. Do they want their opponents helpless by removing shields, powerless with no charms, or even weaker by removing any trap you place on them? Balance is an amazing supporter than can build up their enemies. The new availing hands is a great heal that can't be entangled, a huge advantage and combat against life dispelers. Then there is life who can make a teams struggle to win that much harder with heals and now triage to remove dots. This makes a nearly unstoppable force that, if played right, is beyond hard to defeat.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
My vote for 3v3 would be Myth in slot one, Death in slot two and Storm in slot three.

The Myth would earth, death would use spells like virulent plague right on top of earth so the opponents are now empty with a -45 charm on them. The storm would double blade storm lords for a stun/full blast colossal tempest. Second round, death can mass infect or virulent plague them again, myth can frog them and storm can either use another storm lord or build for another big hit.

Myth would have life amulet in case satyr heals/rebirth/unicorn heals are needed while the death focuses on boosting attacks and weakening strikes, storm would work on the damage. Death and storm wizards would have wyrms bite for a plague and bladestorm spell.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
For 4v4 my favorite combo would be myth death life and ice.

This is more of a tank team but is definitely powerful. I believe each person has a few jobs in pvp. For death it is to. Ake the other team as miserable as possible I am saying use those plagues, and mass infections and if going first use beguile.

Myth is hitter and can help control the field for the rest of the team.

Life plays a key role of keeping a balance between attacks and heals.

Then ice is the tank who does the attacks. ( personally I wouldnt mind a fire either I chose Ice because of their ability to get a great heal while still having great resistance.)

That's my favorite team although I do more 3v3 than 4v4.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
hunterlegend123 wrote:
Well we've all established that Ice is a major issue in pvp, so lets move on to something else, shall we? This is for the people like me who love group pvp :D

What are your picks for best pairs for the types of matches we have? And if you feel so why?

I don' feel like explaining lol so here's my picks:

2v2 -- 2 ice
3v3 -- Myth, Life, and Storm
4v4 -- Myth, Life, Death, and Balance

Meh I will explain the myth life death and balance combo. Each of these schools is amazing at weaknening their opponents strengths and supporting one another. Deaths plaugues prose problems for people who think they can just blade up and win. Myth demolishes can completely alter the field to how they want. Do they want their opponents helpless by removing shields, powerless with no charms, or even weaker by removing any trap you place on them? Balance is an amazing supporter than can build up their enemies. The new availing hands is a great heal that can't be entangled, a huge advantage and combat against life dispelers. Then there is life who can make a teams struggle to win that much harder with heals and now triage to remove dots. This makes a nearly unstoppable force that, if played right, is beyond hard to defeat.

very nicely presented.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
UncaringGoat wrote:
educate me in how Ice is a major issue in PvP please.
Ice is a major issue because of their huge fire and storm resist. Although these clothes are better for team matches when fire and storm usually are for hard hitters, some are found in 1v1 and prisms don't exactly work for fire seeing as they have too many DoT's and the build needed to pierce through the resist is too much and storm has low enough health for the ice to kill rather quick since with the crafted gear they have 4.8k -5k health. Although usually most ice only have 70-80% resist to both some have gone as far as immunity which i have witnessed myself.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
CorbinW wrote:
My vote for 3v3 would be Myth in slot one, Death in slot two and Storm in slot three.

The Myth would earth, death would use spells like virulent plague right on top of earth so the opponents are now empty with a -45 charm on them. The storm would double blade storm lords for a stun/full blast colossal tempest. Second round, death can mass infect or virulent plague them again, myth can frog them and storm can either use another storm lord or build for another big hit.

Myth would have life amulet in case satyr heals/rebirth/unicorn heals are needed while the death focuses on boosting attacks and weakening strikes, storm would work on the damage. Death and storm wizards would have wyrms bite for a plague and bladestorm spell.

That actually makes me reconsider my choices lol. Sounds like it could be easily executed and seemingly unstoppable.
UncaringGoat wrote:

I said i wasn't entertaining that in THIS thread. Your welcome to look in the 4 or 5 other threads surrounding me that do, though.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
UncaringGoat wrote:

If you were updated lately ice has major resist to fire and storm so that's why they're an issue