Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Hate Celestia Collecting Quests!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I was just wondering who agrees with me. I hope Professor Greyrose sees this message and does something about it.
I think Celestia has WAY too many collecting quests! And they are SO hard to do. I was on one of them for 2 DAYS!
Who agrees?

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
jjman2313 wrote:
I was just wondering who agrees with me. I hope Professor Greyrose sees this message and does something about it.
I think Celestia has WAY too many collecting quests! And they are SO hard to do. I was on one of them for 2 DAYS!
Who agrees?

I agree. I hate when I battle 4 enemies/goals and I only get 1-2 items from the quest. It really pulls my peach. Sometimes I have to re-do the quest over and over and I don't get anything most of the time. But it makes the quests challenging you know?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Collection quests in general are annoying given drop rates, but a component of the game, if you think CL CQ are frustrating wait until you get to other worlds, it will twist your lid.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I know! I keep either dying or i don't get it. It's been over a week since i started the quest. It's annoying.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Ugh, I can't even get past the very first collecting quest in CL. I haven't even collected a single thing. I have only one battle out of about five. Ugh. It could be that I am only level 48. Maybe I need to side quest some more.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jjman2313 wrote:
Who agrees?

While I agree, I find the ones in Zafaria FAR more annoying. I've pretty much given up, after battling over 50 times and getting ONE of whatever it is I need. Fun game? Not so much at that point.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I agree. I am a level 80 myth wizard and it is way easier collecting in ZF and AV than it is in CL. But the challenge is what makes it fun :)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
azont wrote:
I agree. I am a level 80 myth wizard and it is way easier collecting in ZF and AV than it is in CL. But the challenge is what makes it fun :)

i completely agree even though some of the quests in CL are annoying thats what gives them a good challenge i would give CL a good thumbs up the graphics and everything are great i'm getting off track.Just keep trying! you will get it eventually!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
I am in celestia right now and I hate the collecting quests. I am all for making it difficult but battling 20 enemies and only getting 1 item you have to collect is too much.

Sean Goldblood
Level 58 diviner

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Yeah. If it was a quest like, collecting something 0 of 3, usually, if you have a friend with you in the battle you can face three at once. But the most disappointing thing is, when you finish the battle, you notice on your screen - Did not collect blah blah blah from the blah blah blah, try again. -

I think that's annoying, especially when the opponent is like those, 1,000 health and that starts out with 2+ power pips. I just wish that they could increase the chance of collecting the needed item for the quest.

Like I said in the first paragraph, 0 of 3, I had to fight about 5+ battles of those monsters in Stormriven just to get 3 simple things. (The experience is not enough for me to level up :P)

Abigail Fairyblossom- Level 56 Life
Abigail Fairyblossom- Level 45 Balance
Sestiva- Level 33 Storm

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Agreed, granted I seem to be getting these items pretty quickly for the drop rates I am still annoyed by the fact that it is taking far longer then any other world before Celestia.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
This is getting to be a real problem it took me ages to get anything from those Voltic Eels and that was with a friend, Also the drops are not equal, my friend and I started off with none and she ended up finishing before me it took me about 10 more battles to get the last one I needed and she helped me out until I got it. This has also happened the other way round too me getting one and the other people nothing. :?

At least it would be good if the drop rate was higher not by too much because we want a challenge. :D

but it gets a bit ridiculous at times it takes so long to finish collecting only 3 of the things we need.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Hehe, I really do dislike them myself.
Being a Grandmaster Storm wizard, it's really tough to do it alone.
My death is like my accuracy; 70% of the time, I'll be defeated...
They should slightly increase the drop of collecting stuff for quest... At least make them bearable to do.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Yes Celestia is very hard and everything everyone says about it is true. As a concerned parent, which i play also, have concerns for my son who is getting very dissatified with the game. Yes we all know there should be a challenge and yes have a few battle together but what about the single players who get killed almost every time. You ppl who designed this game did an excellent job on everything except for the single person which I see alot. You boast on all of the safety and how clean the game is but have you seen the kids that are getting dissapointed? Maybe we should start saying on facebook and other sites about how the kids are getting discourged because you wont do anything. My son for one, Maybe more parents should do the same as me. So fix the problem your making money.

Survivor
May 01, 2012
I totally agree, I can't get all the items for the first collecting quest in celestia, where you have to find all the ingredients for a sandwhich, i still need nettle root and one goldern squash does anyone know where i go to get these items, and for some reason i don't know how i manged to get the other ingredients as i don't recall ever finding them, i just looked in my quests page to find that i only now need two ingredients ?????? not that i am complaining about only having two left to find but i am boggled as to how it actually came to be that way?

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
i absolutely can NOT get anything from those star guys in stormriven. they have resistance to balance and keep using elemental shields so this is so hard for me since i am balance! if they had some sort of balance prism... sry i am getting off topic but yes i agree it is annoying trying to collect stuff.
Alex Ghostrunner, Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
usually what i find easier collecting stuff is having at least 3 people in the battle so 4 enemies join and you will collect 1 or 2 things. :)

-Brandon Troll Blood level 53 diviner

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Oh my gosh. I know how you feel. I really tried to hurry through celestia cause I didnt really enjoy the quest line. But I spent like 3 days working on the power source collecting quest form the matons in the science center. It was unreal.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I really hate Collecting Quest especilly when the people you have to fight have over 2k health. So far i have defeated maybe 10 and have NOT COLLECTED ONE! I am so mad i am on the verge of crying of so much rage. Please remove these ind of quests or be able to collect every single time. I didnt pay twenty dollars a month to make me mad. No I paid for a membership to have fun and relax.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
Nekromanker wrote:
jjman2313 wrote:
Who agrees?

I agree. I hate when I battle 4 enemies/goals and I only get 1-2 items from the quest. It really pulls my peach. Sometimes I have to re-do the quest over and over and I don't get anything most of the time. But it makes the quests challenging you know?
Once i battled the eels in the grotto for 3 HOURS it made me sooo mad now i am in the science center

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
jjman2313 wrote:
Who agrees?
you're lucky you haven't met the fire lion ravagers yet
consider yourself lucky

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
I agree that they need to make it a challenge on some of the collecting quest. That way you don't just breeze right through the game. But, when you kill 18 of those SHADOW WEB CONSCRPITS and you DON'T collect a single weapon from them. That's alittle ridiculous.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
dennym2010 wrote:
Yes Celestia is very hard and everything everyone says about it is true. As a concerned parent, which i play also, have concerns for my son who is getting very dissatified with the game. Yes we all know there should be a challenge and yes have a few battle together but what about the single players who get killed almost every time. You ppl who designed this game did an excellent job on everything except for the single person which I see alot. You boast on all of the safety and how clean the game is but have you seen the kids that are getting dissapointed? Maybe we should start saying on facebook and other sites about how the kids are getting discourged because you wont do anything. My son for one, Maybe more parents should do the same as me. So fix the problem your making money.

Some kids aren't getting discouraged, but what I find is that they dislike how long it takes to do stuff. The Celestia ending battle took two hours whereas Malistaire's dungeon took me all of about 50 minutes.

I find that KI may be trying to lean more to the adult/hardcore gamer side then anything else.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Yes, it is very frustrating, but the good news is that because it takes so long there are usually a lot of people doing it on crowded servers. (If not, get an archmage to help you.) Wait until you have to get the powercores in the Science Center . . . not fun.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I hate did-not-collect (that's what they should be called) quests in all worlds, but especially in CL. Back when my legendary Storm wiz was in the Science Centre, I was questing with a friend~ we had to collect 3 of something from the Aqua-Bots. I got them within a few minutes, but it took my poor questing buddy forever to get the last one~ really, how is that fair?

If anything, rest assured that Zaf and Avalon are nowhere near as bad.