Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Lion Staff Collect Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Ok, I am stuck in Zafaria! I have been killing fire lions and not getting ANY staff!!!!!! I have killed around 30 lions in different time and realms of the day! This is terrible!!!!! Not to metion I have to kill one lion ravager at a time because there is only 1 at a time!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was fixed already! Seriously, I can not spend most of my gaming time hoping that it is going to be the day where I will finish this quest!

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
My wife and I have just been through a good chunk of these quests.
We have about a 30-40% chance of a collection per fight.
When you say one at a time, I do not understand how that is?
There are two types of fire lions, the males who are fire and the female who are death. But they are both fire lion ravagers.
We just pick the area where there are more fire than death, which saves us a prism round.
My advice would be to go to a crowded realm and ask to double up in a fight.
Our fights last 3 rounds and then they are over. Just come up with a plan to make it easier.
We just do:
Blade
Infallible or vengeance (or another blade)
Enchanted Scarecrow
If done right we both get to attack and that way we are both full of life at the end of the fight.
The only time it fails is when wizard 1 goes critical and takes out the whole mob.
Good luck!
Chris Nightwraith
Hero of Unicorn Way

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I'm not sure if this makes a difference, or not.

Look at your map. Go to the area where you see the picture of the Fire Lion Ravagers.

When I first got the quest, my arrow pointed to an area close by.

But when I moved further away, to the area near the picture on the map, the quest got easier as far as collecting items.

Survivor
May 17, 2011
After I got the quest, in 2 fights I got 1 staff. Lol why do newer people help? They don't flee. Level 20 life wizard helped before, and a level 30 fire wizard helped before. You probably need trusted friends to do it mabe?! It was fun. I know how you feel. Newer people flee. But sometimes they don't. They stay if they are brave.

Mary SparkleBlossom Legendary Thurgest level 66
Sophia BattleHeart Apprintice Thurgest level 9
Adean Silver Novice Thurgest level 2 my friend's wizard

Survivor
May 17, 2011
After I got the quest, in 2 fights I got 1 staff. Lol why do newer people help? They don't flee. Level 20 life wizard helped before, and a level 30 fire wizard helped before. You probably need trusted friends to do it mabe?! It was fun. I know how you feel. Newer people flee. But sometimes they don't. They stay if they are brave.

Mary SparkleBlossom Legendary Thurgest level 66
Sophia BattleHeart Apprintice Thurgest level 9
Adean Silver Novice Thurgest level 2 my friend's wizard

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
An easy way to get the fire lion staffs are to go where they abundant. Go to the map where most of them are, and go to the place with the Fire Lion Ravagers' symbol is (note: it's their face and shows their name). But each time I go to a Fire Lion Ravager, and I must say, I didn't go to Zamunda yet and I got the badge Ruler Of The Jungle, there are always up to two to three people fighting them. Rarely one. But, if there is no one there (which is rare) is no one there, go somewhere else for about a few minutes, and then come back. I guarantee that there will be at least two to three people. Hope this helps!

Level 68 Necromancer (Just learned Katzenstein's Monster),
Shannon Deathglade

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pucci1 wrote:
Ok, I am stuck in Zafaria! I have been killing fire lions and not getting ANY staff!!!!!! I have killed around 30 lions in different time and realms of the day! This is terrible!!!!! Not to metion I have to kill one lion ravager at a time because there is only 1 at a time!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was fixed already! Seriously, I can not spend most of my gaming time hoping that it is going to be the day where I will finish this quest!

I have given up on this quest, and stalled my legendary ice wizard because of this. I have killed well over 50 of those things, located EXACTLY where they should be on the map, and have gotten ONE staff. one.

This is not only not fun anymore, but a complete waste of my time. Pity because I have two accounts, and a bunch of wizards who, unless this mess is fixed, will never get past this.

FYI, I have no problem killing them at all...it's the collecting part. :x