Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Criticals

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Hey yea I have been playing a lot of practice pvp lately and I keep getting killed by criticals by fire wizards. The ironic part of this is I crafted the ring that gives me way higher block to fire ice and storm. I feel like I am being cheated here because I critical on these fires who have I would consider average block 108 while i am at like 150 block to just fire. BTW i criticaled 3 times during that game and all three were blocked while they criticaled once and it went through.

I just feel like I am being cheated here. I don't expect my criticals to go through but I do expect my block to work. It only seems fair. Really criticals have only been for me in heals thats it.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
If your in pvp I say try getting good or even better universal block. Try getting wands with 40+ critical block. If you want good critical as well try getting the unkind bow of winter for level 70+ which gives 42 critical and 42 critical block.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
knightmare12 wrote:
If your in pvp I say try getting good or even better universal block. Try getting wands with 40+ critical block. If you want good critical as well try getting the unkind bow of winter for level 70+ which gives 42 critical and 42 critical block.

Yea I don't want to use crowns so I use a staff that gives me 40 block to all and 30 critical to all.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
me too just yesterday i fought a fire warlord and he criticaled twice and in these two times i never blocked it once. when i criticaled 4 times he blocked it all four to me this is just crazy unfair. if you critical a move in the game and your character doesnt block the match is basically over

Defender
May 15, 2010
If you are a higher level wizard, may i recommend getting the Misty Mountain Mandolin from the Hoard of the Hydra?

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I have looked at it but that requires crowns and my luck isn't too great so I probably will have to spend a lot of crowns to get it. I am currently working on getting a droped staff that gives 73 universal block along with 23 critical boost. I am just a little ticked off with my luck and criticals.

Defender
May 15, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
Yea I have looked at it but that requires crowns and my luck isn't too great so I probably will have to spend a lot of crowns to get it. I am currently working on getting a droped staff that gives 73 universal block along with 23 critical boost. I am just a little ticked off with my luck and criticals.
its not exactly the rarest. I have like 5. But I have still spent over one hundred dollars trying for that danged mount.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
jameson143 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
its not exactly the rarest. I have like 5. But I have still spent over one hundred dollars trying for that danged mount.

Yea like I said I don't want to spend that many crowns plus I have crappy luck.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I don't know what to say, that is unusual and weird. You can't of been cheated!

-Savvy DarkHunter Pvp Captain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
You know, criticals in the Player versus Player are the most significant part of the battle. Without the criticals, then you are pretty much dead if you are necromancers who know the scarecrow spell, because they attack ALL enemies and that would really help out with them. Plus, if you were to have up to two theurgists who are level 60 to 80, then prepare to taste victory. Plus, you can have a sorcerer while you are at it, so then, they can cast dragonblade, weakness on the other time as well as black mantle. That would be very helpful! And since they can use spirit blade and elemental blade, you got that battle in the bag!

Level 68 Necromancer,
Shannon Deathglade

Quote from Amy Lee: "People die, but real love is forever."
From her song Even In Death in their demo album Origin.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:

Yea like I said I don't want to spend that many crowns plus I have crappy luck.

There is a crafted boots for all schools at lvl 76 i think (recipe from the leprechaun in the wild), it has very good ~89 universal block and like 6% resist. wear that with your wand and you will block a lot lot more. ring by then isn't much needed unless you want to be totally immune to criticals

good luck

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
The higher the critical the more chances you'll break through your opponents block 108 is NOT average block anymore it is infact low 150 is now the average block.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010