Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting to Avalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
I am a lvl 70 Blalance wizard and I am have trouble beating the boss Mika sarka or whatever his name is. Balance is not very powerful and the boss has 11,000+ plus a minion. I tried Ra but i only killsthe minion the the boss kills me. can you guys give me any tips to beat him.

Robert Sandblade lvl 70 balance

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Always keep shields up. Always kill the minion first. Always heal. The usual. :D

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
robboy06 wrote:
I am a lvl 70 Blalance wizard and I am have trouble beating the boss Mika sarka or whatever his name is. Balance is not very powerful and the boss has 11,000+ plus a minion. I tried Ra but i only killsthe minion the the boss kills me. can you guys give me any tips to beat him.

Well i am also balance and i know how you feel, every boss i have to fight solo is so hard but not impossible, i eventually beat it and it only took too tries. If you are not really a stratagist then buy a henchmen who is balance since he is smart enough to kill the boss and heal you at the last second if you die. If you have no crowns then i would suggeest putting in the spirit shield, spirit trap, and spirit blade if you have the chimera it works pretty well and you can take them out pretty quickly, also add some hexs, balance blade, and bladestorms, if you have a pet or some cloths to give you a blade like life death or myth it works well, i have a amulet that gives me two spells 1) skelatal pirate, i used this too take out the minion along with judgement the second spell was a better fient plus seventy five attack on the enemy and only plus twenty on me, put this on mika. Also what is your secondary school if you choose death then you have the regular fient too, it helps but i dont have it. Other then that i didnt use any other spels i didnt use ra or hydra or anything, also i know the chimera has a life head and attack, deal with it you cant do anything about it. A couple of well placed attacks with a chimera and maybe a judgement should be good. I used chimera and got him down too somwhere around 5,000 health doing around 2,250 on each head except life where i did 1,500. also i you have the hexs put three hexs on him it works well for the chimera and if you have three fients that works too, this is all i can think of, you could also just do a small judge on the minion and power up a judge to use on boss, and dont forget the shields or you will get hit with lots of damage.

Signed,
John Dragoncatcher, Level Seventy Eight Balance

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I'm only level 69 so I'm not there yet but, I'm a Balance wizard. First off, you shouldn't go in there alone. Grab one to three other wizards that have finished the quest or need help on it, and are around your level. You may choose the school but, I also suggest making a group of wizards that can help you like your allies. It doesn't have to be just four but, they must be active, a high level and a good fighter.
Second, we know Balance is not very powerful but, niether are any of the other schools. Each school has their advantages and weaknesess. For example; Storm has an incredibly powerful hit but, the percentage for the spell to work are low meaning, they fizzle more than any other of the schools. A Death wizard's average health is the lowest out of all the other schools but, an Ice wizards average health is the highest. Balance isn't the most powerful but, it uses other elements. Some of their spells hit everyone while others don't. The schools I used all have one thing in common. They aren't strong nor weak. They're balanced.
Third, I'm gonna give you some battle tips.
* Discard everything that you don't need when it pops up while you're in a battle. This will make space for new spells to come in.
* Keep atleast one or two health spells in your current hand when it comes up in battle. You never know when your oppenent might come with a critical hit that leaves you on the edge.
* Shield up. Blade up. Lie and wait. Strike! Remember to shield and blade up when you get the chance, then when you get enough pips, you strike! (If you're waiting on a judgement, have atleast three or more pips on you. Anykind of pip will do)
* Deck work. Each oppenent you face will be different. They have different resists and boosts. Try your hardest to make your deck flexible as in to fit the oppenent best. Ofcourse we have secondary schools so, if your oppenent is your same school then, use your secondary school on an extra deck that you have.
* Calling in your allies. Just yelling help to them just won't work sometimes. Make sure the allies you pick are active, a high level, good in battle and not the same school as your opponent (unless you know they have a secondary school).

If you need any extra help just ask. Good luck!

Sarah Seabloom level 69 Legendary Scorcerer, Master of Balance.

"Lie in wait, silent as a snake. When the right moment comes, Strike!"

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
robboy06 wrote:

here's what I did:

1: fill side deck with tower shields every turn you can use one,

2: boost up some good judements while you use your shields

3: get the minion first, make it a one shot one kill kind of thing

4: if you get low on health heal (polymorph treant recamended)

and i think thats it, good luck fellow sorcerer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If I remember correctly, the boss is a Life.

If so, be sure to carry lots of Life shields, and if you have any Life dispels, use those, plus Weakness. Be sure to carry a few healing spells!

Spectral Blast and Judgement would be good spells to use. If you have the astral school spell enhancement Colossal, pack your deck with those. Smaller pipped spells will allow you to hit him more frequently, and if they're enhanced, will provide big damage hits. Spectral Blast would be a good one.

If you can, get a L50 Life Henchman (100 crowns). He does great at keeping you healed and he very rarely fights.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I am ashamed of you. I am a level 80 Archmage Warlord Sorcerer and I think Balance is the most powerful school. If you think Balance isnt powerful go join another school because us Sorcerers dont need that attitude.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
I am ashamed of you. I am a level 80 Archmage Warlord Sorcerer and I think Balance is the most powerful school. If you think Balance isnt powerful go join another school because us Sorcerers dont need that attitude.

Hey be nice, he is just voicing his opinion. He was asking for help, not to be shunned.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Always keep shields up. Always kill the minion first. Always heal. The usual. :D

I completely agree! Take out the minion first. I'm a Lvl 72 Balance and have fought alongside Wizards who concentrate on the boss. Since I have to solo most of the time I soon learnt this is the worst thing you can do. Fighting a boss from your own school can be hard but not impossible, here are my tips:
Rely more on spells from your secondary school.
Buy heaps of shields for the particular boss you are facing.
buy a henchman that does added damage e.g a myth henchmen to battle Storm etc.
Make sure you have plenty of healing spells (especially if you dont have money to buy a Life Henchman) and don't try to save up too many pips for a big spell when your health is getting low (i'ts very easy to forget)
DOT spells like Fire Elf are great to whittle down Bosses ( slow but effective)
I hope these tips are of some help and good luck :D
James Dreamweaver Lvl 72 Balance