Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charcter Transferring

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
I know there have been topics on this before but they're all locked and I have questions. On what Professor Greyrose said we can transfer a character if:

a) both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts
b) both accounts pass our security checks
c) both accounts are subscribed for a 1 year term

When is says both accounts are subscribed for a 1 year term, does that mean they have to have already been subscribed for a 1 year term or do they have to currently have a recurring membership that recurs once a year. And by recurring once a year does that mean that the membership will renew once a year or can it be a 6 month recurring or monthly recurring subscription.

Also, if you trade a character and that character has items on him/her, can you transfer the items off that character and into your own other characters? Do characters that are transferred take all the items from their bank, attic, house, or backpack with them (on that one single character) and can those items be shared (through the shared bank) with characters on the new account they are transferred to? Such as a wizard on one account has a mount and that wizard is transferred to a 2nd account, does that wizard still have that mount and can that mount be transferred to another wizard on the 2nd account through the shared bank?
Please answer my questions soon :-) (preferably by a moderator)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
I know there have been topics on this before but they're all locked and I have questions. On what Professor Greyrose said we can transfer a character if:

a) both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts
b) both accounts pass our security checks
c) both accounts are subscribed for a 1 year term

When is says both accounts are subscribed for a 1 year term, does that mean they have to have already been subscribed for a 1 year term or do they have to currently have a recurring membership that recurs once a year. And by recurring once a year does that mean that the membership will renew once a year or can it be a 6 month recurring or monthly recurring subscription.

Also, if you trade a character and that character has items on him/her, can you transfer the items off that character and into your own other characters? Do characters that are transferred take all the items from their bank, attic, house, or backpack with them (on that one single character) and can those items be shared (through the shared bank) with characters on the new account they are transferred to? Such as a wizard on one account has a mount and that wizard is transferred to a 2nd account, does that wizard still have that mount and can that mount be transferred to another wizard on the 2nd account through the shared bank?
Please answer my questions soon :-) (preferably by a moderator)

I had one of my wizards transferred several months ago within a family of accounts. My accounts are on a monthly recurring and have been for over a year but they have both been constantly active with no deactivation at any time. As long as your accounts have followed all of the requirements, you should not have any problems. BOTH accounts have to be ACTIVE for a minimum of 1 year. Just send an email with the user and character (never send password). If there is any reason they can't move your wizard, they will let you know. Also, if you have any sanctions on either account, they won't move the wizards.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
When you transfer a wizard all his possessions on him at the time including the housing go with him, his back pack and bank included.

If there are things on the wizard that you do not want transferred you need to place them in the shared bank on the from account before it is transferred to the to account.