Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber- The Hardest Reagent Ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I understand that these new spells are meant to be difficult to get but I believe that Kingsisle has gone over the top with the difficulty of the specific reagent Amber. The first part is that its rarity level of being dropped from a plant is about 5%-20%. Which is unfair to the people that massively garden the plants that drop Amber. Also, the transmute amber. We need: 5 Merle's Whiskers which are dropped only (No Auction),
5 Amber Dust which are only dropped (No Auction), 15 Sunstone, and 10 Golden Pearls. If you are looking at the 12 that we need that is 60 Merle's Whiskers, 60 Amber Dust, 180 Sunstone, and 120 Golden Pearls. I still only have 5 out of 50 sunstone to craft the spell in the first place!

I believe Kingsisle should make the drop rate at least 20% higher,
Make the Transmute Amber easier due to the quantity we need,
Make Amber a reagent that can be dropped!

Kingsisle,
Please consider this and the fact that most people are becoming very upset with the almost impossible crafting spells.

Jason DeathFlame Archmage Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I would be satisfied if they just raised the drop rate of the amber dust and merle's whiskers.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
I would be satisfied if they just raised the drop rate of the amber dust and merle's whiskers.
i agree, i did mirror lake 15 times for 2 merle whiskers and 1 amber dust! :( Each starburst spider should drop one of each at least, i think. I am loyal wizard and know that it is attainable in time, i'm not feeling my efforts are paying off. Also, as a student of the art of Death, PLEASE make deadly ninja pigs a spell to use! i want it so badly! ty for your time nudge nudge lol

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I wouldn't! Do you have a plan for getting 230 sunstone to craft a spell that arent even too good. The only one that is really worth it is Deer Knight. 230 suntone is equivalent to about 805,000 gold. If you would please take a slight look at the rest of the post you might see it my way that this is too hard! KingsIsle Entertainment has made a enormous mistake with the crafting spells and should definetly make all the other spells drops and a chance for being a prize in packs.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Crafting should be a challenge, but you have a point. This is extreme.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Lol this is to the extreme. I am not even going to bother transmuting since it is just as hard. Right now I have one amber from my king parsley. I am growing kp in large numbers in hopes of getting some of this elusive amber.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
You can find alot of amber, fighting FIRE things i already have more than 15

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
zuko22053 wrote:

What fire things are you referring to?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
zuko22053 wrote:
if you know of a boss that drops amber or a lot of wiskers and amber dust the least you could do is help us out by telling us who this boss is and where we can find him. btw if you do already have 15 and you were just getting our hopes up for nothing by lying then i would suspect you didnt get much sleep at all since amber came out.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
zuko22053 wrote:

Lies. Amber is not a boss drop. Its a gardened reagent. Nice try.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
zuko22053 wrote:
Thats probably amber dust which you need 5 of to craft one amber plus you need 5 merle whiskers sunstone and golden pearls.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I am waiting for zuko's response lol.

I too want to know what fire things drop amber.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Wait... Is there even a fire boss in the dungeons like waterworks and mirror lake?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Wait... Is there even a fire boss in the dungeons like waterworks and mirror lake?
there is a fire gorrila in mirror lake but he with 3 other bosses and there is a fire fish in water works but again with 3 other people. what about tower of the helephant or brisk breez tower(ive never been there)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
there is a fire gorrila in mirror lake but he with 3 other bosses and there is a fire fish in water works but again with 3 other people. what about tower of the helephant or brisk breez tower(ive never been there)

Briskbreeze does have a fire boss that drops Merle's whisker, me and my friend got it. In tower of the helephant, there is a helephant boss, but I dont believe he drops it.
Also, I dont think the fire-wing dude and the spectral gorilla guy count. I think he means as in ONE enemy.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Yes i do agree with you i think that if we go on strike for a while they would re consider what they are doing to us just a thought
nagato418609 wrote:
I understand that these new spells are meant to be difficult to get but I believe that Kingsisle has gone over the top with the difficulty of the specific reagent Amber. The first part is that its rarity level of being dropped from a plant is about 5%-20%. Which is unfair to the people that massively garden the plants that drop Amber. Also, the transmute amber. We need: 5 Merle's Whiskers which are dropped only (No Auction),
5 Amber Dust which are only dropped (No Auction), 15 Sunstone, and 10 Golden Pearls. If you are looking at the 12 that we need that is 60 Merle's Whiskers, 60 Amber Dust, 180 Sunstone, and 120 Golden Pearls. I still only have 5 out of 50 sunstone to craft the spell in the first place!

I believe Kingsisle should make the drop rate at least 20% higher,
Make the Transmute Amber easier due to the quantity we need,
Make Amber a reagent that can be dropped!

Kingsisle,
Please consider this and the fact that most people are becoming very upset with the almost impossible crafting spells.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I really am starting to hate amber farmed my fist kp I now have 4. Takes way to long to farm 2 weeks about to reach elder.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
Yea I really am starting to hate amber farmed my fist kp I now have 4. Takes way to long to farm 2 weeks about to reach elder.

Yep i just did enough crafting to get all my badges on both Wizards and thats enough for me
Although I did craft that Hall in Grizzleheim and that took me long enough It's my main house and all I'll be doing from now on :P
Just waiting for Pirate101 and I'll be hauling the planks of anybody I meet there aarrrrrrrrgh

Survivor
Jan 04, 2012
Ok
I have a Fire Wizard, Death Wizard, Life Wizard, Myth Wizard, Fire Wizard and Storm Wizard. All which are completed to the extent and maybe one just entering Avalon. I have become Legendary Crafter on two of my Wizards. I enjoy crafting but to craft a new Card for my Deck is like pulling teeth. Its just to hard and not worth my time, I prefer to start another wizard. I really think this should be rethought and made easier for people to craft its already hard enough to become a legendary crafter then to try and craft things that unless you garden or pray something is dropped or trying to transmute the impossible....really is just not work it this game is about having fun and for as much money as i have spent on this game I have earned at the very least one new card for my deck let alone having to go through all the rigamaroo..... :(

Survivor
May 02, 2011
I have been trying to get amber since mid July. That's two full months of constant gardening, thousands in gold, more battles than I can count, and I have only five of the twelve I need. Oh, and I started out with one to begin with, so that's two per month! Let me rephrase that: Two per month and I an not a casual player.

As the others have said, this is ridiculous. I'm ready to give up.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
What really annoys me is the fact that KI just made a pack with these spells.

I can see why, but for the people who can't afford it and are working towards it, it's almost like a slap to the face. But, oh well. This is America.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
I Hear you guys, Epicly Insane to the most extreme. Amber. amber amber amber, a crying death wiz. death wizards don't cry. so this is something to reconsider KI

Survivor
Mar 07, 2012
I agree, Amber reagent and Merle's whisker are ridiculous. I am currently finishing Azteca atm and would like to craft Catalan. I know I don't need it but I would love to have it. But the only problem is that I can't craft it. I am Legendary Artisan right now. Working on Transcendent Crafter badge. But the reagents needed for it are too hard to get. I am not giving up on crafting JUST YET because I like the gear I can craft. But I am saddened that I wont be able to get Catalan. I also have a problem with Agave Nectar I can't find it. Someone told me its on the ground in ALTO ALTO, but I am not so sure. But back to the Amber problem I think KI should just lower the amount of Amber and Sunstone to maybe 20 Sunstone and 5 Amber, just a thought. Please consider it KI. Thx for reading:)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
there is a boss some where in the game that drops amber cause I have one amber in my bag and I dont garden so I know it came from a boss I just dont know which one if anybody knows plz post it up.