Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-28-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's been another wonderful week here! Very exciting development developing behind the scenes, I can't wait to be able to share them! It's certainly been busy around here, but I definitely wanted to take a quick break, and post a weekly Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's chat about dungeons, specifically, finding folks to help you out when you're in need. Please vote in the poll and comment below if you'd like to elaborate.

Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone! ::grin::

Results
How do you feel about the ability to find a group for dungeons?
Never, I always have friends on that will help me. 12%
Usually it's fine, but sometime I have trouble finding a group. 22%
Sometimes I find a group, and sometimes I don't. 26%
I frequently have trouble finding help. 28%
I'm so awesome, I can take on everything in the Spiral by myself! 5%
I usually just purchase my help in the form of Henchmen. 6%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
it is not that bad for the lower level but it is hard to find for the high level ones

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Community Leader
I think this would help so many players. The ability to find help with a dungeon. I am always seeing players ask for help with the big dungeons . I help when I can. Thai would benefit so much.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Well, for those few dungeons that i cannot complete by myself, I will play during the peak hours of play time, say somewhere between 3 pm to 10 and just switch realms and camp for a group. Usually I can find some people looking to go pretty easily. But some of the older dungeons tend to have more down time, less people. Honestly, how fast are you guys completing these game updates? Goodness, lol.

It isn't too bad for me, if you can pick the right time and just look around the realms, it isn't very difficult finding people willing to go in.

The hard part is getting a functional team, a smart team, a team where people are not already "full" or "we got it covered". That's the tricky part. Not sure if much can be done about that. Unless you put a book like in arena next to dungeons and sign yourself in. hmm... Are you cooking something over there Falmea?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
When you mean "dungeon" do you mean an instance? Or simply a boss battle?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
As has been stated many times......a LFG tool is much needed in this game.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Hi Professor! Sorry I was late to class last week. I recently started taking some myth classes and I got sidetracked when my troll card kept fizzling... You know how it is... Anyways, I'll bring in some orange-cranberry muffins for the next class, ok?

I normally have a pretty easy time finding a group for dungeons. I have a questing buddy, and he helps me out with most things. Well, he is a little ways ahead of me, but we are getting me caught up.

But, there are times whe he isn't online, and neither are my other high level friends. It would be nice to have some sort of a group organizer or something. But, this might be more difficult in the higher levels, for the chances of there being people on the exact same quest as you at the same time in, say, Dragonspyre or Celestia, are pretty slim. With my luck, I'd end up waiting for hours for someone to show up. But, this would be a great idea for Nightside and some dungeons in krokatopia, because there are more people there than in Dragonspyre. Maybe the system could organize groups strategically, such as trying to add a life wizard and a balance wizard to every group. It could also take levels into account, putting higher level wizards in groups with lower level wizards, to help them along. There could also be a team up with friends button, like in PvP.
Of course, in those less populated areas, people could just be placed into groups as they showed up, with no thoughts of strategy. First come, first serve.

Haley Fairygarden
Level 45 Life Wizard

Armiger
May 10, 2010
When it's a new world, or it's a dungeon that drops essencial items, it is very easy to find people to do a dungeon with.

However, dungeons in Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia, these areas are no longer flooded with people and it's a lot harder to find people to do these dungeons with.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Out of everything in the game, dungeons are my least favorite. they allways make me feel like " oh i'm never gonna get past DragonSpyre!" Usually because i don't get very long W101 time maybe only one hour on each weekend but since i made it past mooshu because all their dungeons are about one hour but all my friends that made it past malistaire (most are on celestia) tell me that labyrinth takes four hrs.! The moment i saw that message i'm like "ugh i'm never gonna save the spiral!" unless i have a lvl 80 friend helping me or something. I just say there shouldn't be dungeons. you can have the same areas but what makes you think its ok to have something that has to keep someone online for seven hours? srsly! :(

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I see where this is going Falmea, and it's a great idea. You should definitely go through with it!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I picked 3 and the one about soloing; haha, whoever picked the soloing one is a BOSS. I didnt, because on ghost avalon, eehhhhh, well, thats not very "Solo-ish.." but there have been many ideas for a quest finder, for people to have a questing partner! :) Cant go wrong with that, and Mr. Kitty's Lab (Katzenzeins or however you spell it :P)

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Hello,
Mostly I am a solo wizard for my own quests because i don't make friend requests often and frankly higher level players are reluctant to add friends or already have a full friend list. I spend a lot of time helping lower level players that have made friend requests when they ask and I find myself being pulled out of my own quests to help them because I would appreciate the help, and if I needed it and it is the nice thing to do. Sometimes this gets annoying but i could always just say no (Many beg for help when i try to say no though).
I am at the end of Winter Tusk and have completed about half of Celestia alone (I have had to bring in a henchmen for harder bosses occasionally). Many lower level players port to me (I end up having to cover them and this usually just makes it more difficult for me).
However, I am having difficulty soloing in Celestia and have trouble asking others to help because of my own experience with help requests. Is there a massage board or list of similarly leveled players that would be willing to help me finish some quests if I need the help? I just don't feel comfortable asking someone for help not knowing if they really want to be bothered or not. It would be great if there were some sort of player list for each world so similar leveled people could get together. Is there such a thing and if not could admin consider making one?
Thanks,
Sestiva Shadowstrider Death Lv 61

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Its super hard to find a group! It takes me hours to get 1 person! All of my friends go on at different times and days, so its hard to get at least 1 while i'm playing. I usually stand in different places begging for help.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 65 storm ( Zafaria)
Tiffany Rainbowheart lvl 27 life (mooshu)
Miranda Icestaff lvl 12 ice (krokotopia)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
I would seriously love to have this added, it would make farming the Waterworks take less time. Also, what if you guys started to add something called "Epic Dungeons"? Epic Dungeons would be a much tougher version of a lower level dungeon with better gear drops. For example, say in the Dungeon Finder window, There is a column showing regular dungeons (which are the ones already in-game) and then there could be Epic Dungeons (harder versions). They would take more skill, but at the same time drop some of the best gear in game.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I hate trying to find groups! I wish there was a way to do them alone. Like have it scale to how many you have in the group

ellie

Hero
May 02, 2009
Sometimes I find a group for a dungeon, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes if I try to solo, I just buy a henchman or 2 to help me out (usually salvus, as he focuses more on healing and less on attacking).

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I have a sugesstion that could help with more than just dungeon groups. When listing the population for realms, show just the population rating for the zone the player is currently in. That way people wont go to an empty realm looking for someone to help with, say ghost avalon, because on that same realm someone is haveing a party in, say the life tower.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
I am also one that has trouble, since i am on at odd times. Any type of looking for group option would be fantastic in this game.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I have been soloing most of the time. I have alot of friends that were on before and had helped them but alot of them aren't on now so as I'm getting higher ( currently in Dragonspyre) I wonder how I'm going to beat Mailstaire since everyone says you need at least two people. I haven't got to Wintertusk yet ( can't get passed Othin Stormfather) have tried numerous times from changing how my spell deck is and using lots ofminions so I know I will probably need someone with me besides my minions ( I'm Myth).

Katherine Dreamsong level 50 Myth

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I would love to have others help with quests and dungeons, but alas, that isn't the case.

All six of my wizards have been traversing through the Spiral on their own. Very rarely, if at all, do I find anyone willing to do a dungeon with me. I don't mean anyone on my Friend list (no one ever helps), I mean anyone who happens to be hanging out at a dungeon.

Thus, my L80 Balance soloed everything, with the exception of Waterworks and Helephant Tower.

My L80 Ice soloed everything, with the exception of Helephant Tower.

My L53 Death has soloed everything so far, including Malistaire.

The same goes with each of my lower wizards. People are on different quests, so it's next to impossible to find help with dungeons.

I have, and am still learning, different strategies for each of my wizards on how to beat dungeons solo. So far, I've been pretty successful, but it would be nice to have others help out. Not only does it make the dungeon easier, it would be a lot more fun.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I chose: I usually just purchase my help in the form of Henchmen, simply because there's no way to actually search for groups and hanging out by the dungeon entrance works sometimes, others not so much.

I'm not sure if a search function would help since I play solo most of the time anyway, but it's worth a shot! :)

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
O my gosh ive trying to beat kakenstienz lab (i hope i spelled it right) in marelybone. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find someone who will help. although finding people for sunken city. Well, thats it.

Adam DeathShard,
Level 31 Magus Necromancer

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
As a high level, it's hard for me to find people who care, but I have text chat which makes it easier. Soloing is easy for death, but not for Avalon with our minute damage.