Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Screen goes bad during play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Hi,
First before you reply, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game just recently. I have had this game on my computer for 4 years. Since Avalon, I have had my screen go bad during play. It has not happened in any other realm. All of my settings are already on low etc. Again, please keep in mind that this has never happened and the computer and monitor are the same.

That being said - has anyone had their screen go black and white digital? The game is still running and doesn't crash or make any noise etc.

I don't know how to attach an image file so that you can see it. Is there a way?

Thanks
Kelly

Administrator
Please start with updating your video drivers
http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/172

and if that doesn't help, contact us at support@wizard101.com -and when you contact support, please e nsure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I have had a similar problem about a month ago, however, I was in mooshu. Instead of digital stuff, what happened was flicker. the only stable thing was the ground and the buildings, everything else, chat boxes, characters, dialogue bubbles were flickering. I turned my game off, rebooted it, and it seemed to fix itself.

I never thought much of it at the time, but I thought I should mention it nw.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
My screen goes white rather frequently during gameplay recently. KI - have you thrown resources to addressing this problem - since I am reading about and hearing about it from various players. There haven't been problems with my computer "drivers" for the past year on this game - so why would there be problems with my SAME computer now, causing the white screen. It is rather clearly some update bug in the game that needs to be addressed. I'm all done with Avalon for a while now - and the white screen never happened while I was leveling up there. But since I have finished everything, it is happening from time to time when I am doing dungeons, gardening, or helping friends with quests. Any solutions yet KI?