Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you get Blue Cyclops Pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2010
I read that you get it from Penny Dreadful quest "A Penny Saved", but when I did the quest line from her and Zeke it ended after I delivered the package to her. There was no quest "A Penny Saved". Did they get rid of that quest? Is there no way to get the Blue Cyclops pet now?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
langecarrie wrote:
I read that you get it from Penny Dreadful quest "A Penny Saved", but when I did the quest line from her and Zeke it ended after I delivered the package to her. There was no quest "A Penny Saved". Did they get rid of that quest? Is there no way to get the Blue Cyclops pet now?

You have to go back to Zeke. The quest resulting in the cyclops pet begins there.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
langecarrie wrote:

When you go back to her with the package her spell book is on the ground, go close to it and press x when it presents it, that gives you the quest to go find her and where she is.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
Are you sure you delivered the package to her ?

Once Zeke gives you the package you need to go back to where she is usually standing, read her spell book and then go find her in the haunted cave/dark cave I can't remember which, she gives you a bunch of blah blah and then gives you the pet egg, it will hatch in 5 min.

So check your back pack and then your bank, to see if you stuck the egg in there by mistake, and if you sold things to a store its possible it was sold accidentally.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
When I deliver the package to Penny, she is just standing there. She takes it and says thanks, the end. She's not missing, I don't have to go find her, no cyclops reward. I've tried the quest line on several characters and they all end the same way.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
langecarrie wrote:

This quest line begins with her messed up enrollment, you go talk to Mr Lincoln then Ambrose about it, it's all Gamma's fault, then she gives you a quest to help her study and you have to fight several monsters around Wizard City, you hand it in to her and she finds it recipes but will make it work and she then gives you the quest to mail the letter, you take that to Zeke and when you return to her she is not there but her spell book is, if you press X at this time it explains she went to explore and left the book for you to find, if you turn around now Zeke should have the package to deliver to her. Altho I do not know if your level effects this quest but you must have access to Cyclops or Firecat Alley to get into the cave where she is. In effect you are visiting Zeke for 2 quests for her, first the letter then the package with the pet because but of course she is allergic to cyclops and you do end up with it.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Part of the quest will send you to Penney and she won't be there. you will find her book and you have to follow her to Dark Cave (I think; I get them mixed up). You'll then hear her call out and you go to her with the package. She will then give you the pet that is in the package.

There are a few parts of the Penney Dreadful saga. Its been a long time ago since any of my wizards have done that quest.

But if you haven't had to follow her to the cave, you won't get the blue cyclops pet. Good luck on your quest!

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I'll just assume at this point that they did away with the quest, which makes me sad. I start the quest where she has trouble with her enrollment, you talk to Ambrose, then she sends you to kill different kids of ghosts, then you come back and she has a letter to send home, go to Zeke, he has a package for her, deliver the package to her, but at this time when you deliver the package to her, she's waiting there and takes it and the quest line is over. Yes, I do have access to all areas, I have a subscription. So, I guess Wizard 101 did away with the quest and pet reward. I wasted a lot of time with it, they should update their information on it, or better yet just put the quest back. What's the big deal?

Administrator
Survivor
May 21, 2010
Yes, I know because I sent in a ticket to Wizard 101 and they restored the pet for me. The issue is that the quest no longer works for NEW wizards. I had the pet from before on my high level wizard. I tried to get the pet for my new wizard, and also my friend is trying to get the pet for his new wizard. My friend never got the Cyclops pet as he recently started playing. He saw the Cyclops and wanted one, so I proceeded to try and explain how to get it. Come to find out, the quest does not work currently. If you make a new wizard and do the Penny Dreadful quest line, you will not end up with a Blue Cyclops pet. When I sent in the ticket asking if the quest was no longer working and why they discontinued it, they did not give a reason or explanation, they simply put the pet in my backpack... Not what I was going for, but meh...

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
when i got my membership i went to do the quest right away i just go and she says she is allergic to cyclopes lol then i get it most of them are girl xd