Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeated Dr. Katzenstein but confused

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
so I defeated Dr. Katzenstein but first I created a clockwork and I don't think that I was supposed to do that but that's what my quest said to do, then I defeated Katzenstein and now my quest says find Meowiarty in unknown and I can't talk to watson he says to go into Katzenstein's lab and talk to him but I already did, I really am confused on what to do! help please!javascript:emoticon

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
qwerty1233 wrote:
so I defeated Dr. Katzenstein but first I created a clockwork and I don't think that I was supposed to do that but that's what my quest said to do, then I defeated Katzenstein and now my quest says find Meowiarty in unknown and I can't talk to watson he says to go into Katzenstein's lab and talk to him but I already did, I really am confused on what to do! help please!javascript:emoticon

It sounds like you are working on the quest "Weird Science". This link shows details for the quest, and there is also a tab on that page for the "quest dialogue".

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Weird_Science

After you build the Clockwork at the end of that quest, it tells you to go talk to Watson on Scotland Yard Roof.

Watson gives you the next quest "Fetch Bones":

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Fetch_Bones!

(Since the Katz Lab is a dungeon, if you left it and didn't go right back, you probably have to do the lab again.)

Hope this helped.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
qwerty1233 wrote:

Thats what happened to me and a friend. We created the clockwork first and then defeated dr katzenstein. But now we are stuck and when we try talking to watson in scotlands yard roof it says we are still incomplete. What do we do?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
I just had the same situation.

Now I have Weird Science and Watson on the roof isn't moving me to the next quest.

I went back in and Watson in the lab was missing, all the bosses were gone.

I went in a third time and it gave me the first quest in the lab. It's too late to do it all over again and face a LVL 7 Boss at the end so I left again and I still have the partial Weird Science.

I guess the Dungeon is aptly named.

Please advise.......Thanks

Survivor
May 01, 2010
After beating Dr. Katzenstien, you need to talk to Grunk which directs you to build a clockwork, then power it up. After pulling the switches around the room, the goal will say "Find Meowiarty". Talk to the clockwork you created and then you'll finish the instance quest. Then leave the lab and go to Watson on the roof to turn in "Weird Science".

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
To follow up- I went back and re-did the entire dungeon but the glitch seems to that you can scoot around Dr.K on the platform and talk with Grunk, back out, collect the boxes, build Clockwork and power him up before defeating Dr. K. He tells you the same spiel about finding Meowority in Big Ben then Grunk tells you to go to Watson but then you fight Dr. K and clockwork sits in the middle of the fight (the sparks and lightning bolts make it pretty spectacular). When you are done you still have the quest to find Meowority (for which you have to talk to Clockwork) but Clockwork wont talk with you to hand in the quest (he already told you where to find Meowority and is ready to go himself) ... Because you can't hand in the quest, Watson won't talk to you so you can't hand in the dungeon.....GAME OVER... (almost, you can still go after Smogger for kicks but unless the glitch is fixed, you're gonna be back).

They could fix it by checking the dependencies logic or they could narrow the platform so you can't speak with Grunk without fighting Dr. K.

I hope this is monitored by someone from KI because it's definitely a bad glitch and it should be readily fixable but it is very specific when it happens.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
that sounds like a glitch. the other day me and my friend did counterweight west. after we finished it we went to talk to clancy, but for some reason her's said she still needed to do it but on mine it said to do big ben so i helped her do it again. theres something weird about the mb dungeons. i noticed a lot of people having to replay some dungeons in mb. the only thing you can do is replay it and make sure before you leave you've finished for sure. hopefully that will work. :)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I did the same thing as you and I made the clockwork first cause thats what the quest said and now it just says find the hideout with an unknown location? so am I supposed to redo katzensteins lab? I really want to get our of mb.... so plz help! by the way whats up with Kensington park?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Snowinsun1 wrote:
I did the same thing as you and I made the clockwork first cause thats what the quest said and now it just says find the hideout with an unknown location? so am I supposed to redo katzensteins lab? I really want to get our of mb.... so plz help! by the way whats up with Kensington park?

Yes you have to redo it.
Kensington Park is a dungeon made for 4 people. And high levels at that. Stay out until you hit legendary status unless you want to die. :-o