Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bunch of things on my mind.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
This is stuff that's on my mind.

Why do non-balance monsters have weakness? I think only balance should have that spell.

Why does Grizzleheim spells give off less exp than the objective of the quest? (ex. You have to kill a monster, monster HP is around 1000, kinda like mooshu, except mooshu exp is around 2000, while quest gives off only 800.)

Why is hall of valor so hard? I skip all the monsters, but when I face the bosses... 4 with 9000 HP, blew my mind... Had to ask some level 70s for help... and exp made me feel cheap... (only around 1000)

I saw a yuletide pixie with both spritely and unicorn how long will that take to achieve?

How do you get to Wintertusk again? I forgot

Question towards diviners, how do you get tempest to deal so much damage in pvp, a lvl 70 diviner killed me in 4 turns. He had only stormblade on. What happened was he had like 7 pips, then he casted tempest, and it was critical and did 5460 damage to me and my team mate, we died instantly... how were you able to do that...

What items have judgement on them besides the set in the crown shop? Heard it can do 125 per pip

Ok, that's about it.

- Carlos Lifedreamer
Level 51 Life

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
webkinzadam8 wrote:
Why do non-balance monsters have weakness? I think only balance should have that spell.

It drives me nuts, too, especially because we Balance wizards can't simply get rid of Weakness with an opposite-school wand spark. Our blades are universal, so we have to rely on off-school treasure cards to keep our strategies intact.

Up to and including Dragonspyre, all bosses have all spells of all schools available to them... it's annoying, given the way Weakness is spammed by off-school bosses, but that's just how it is. If KI wanted to fix it, they would have done so by now.

webkinzadam8 wrote:
Why does Grizzleheim spells give off less exp than the objective of the quest? (ex. You have to kill a monster, monster HP is around 1000, kinda like mooshu, except mooshu exp is around 2000, while quest gives off only 800.)

I ask myself this all the time~ what's the point of grinding like mad, for virtually no XP? Better yet, Grizzleheim is a side-world~ why must we complete it, to get our level 35 and 55 spells? Isn't the point of a side-world that it's optional/not required to progress in the game?

webkinzadam8 wrote:
Why is hall of valor so hard? I skip all the monsters, but when I face the bosses... 4 with 9000 HP, blew my mind... Had to ask some level 70s for help... and exp made me feel cheap... (only around 1000)

If you're referring to Jotun, I get it. Even at level 80, I only go there when a friend calls for help~ I would never willingly subject myself to that, ever again. It's been so long since I completed it that I don't even remember how I did so... But it was designed for a group of wizards. As with most dungeons in the game, they /can't/ be soloed at the level they're made for.

webkinzadam8 wrote:
I saw a yuletide pixie with both spritely and unicorn how long will that take to achieve?

Pet-hatching is totally random~ some of us are lucky, and others are tragically unlucky. Could take 2 hatches, could take 20,000... but such is life.

Here's how hatching works:

My starfish has Spritely and Spell Proof (universal resist), 2 of the most sought-after pet abilities, but he's the only one of my pets who has any good talents. If I wanted my chimera to get those abilities, I'd have to keep hatching my Starfish with it until I got them. All abilities are predetermined, but hatched pets may inherit talents from either parent.

webkinzadam8 wrote:
How do you get to Wintertusk again? I forgot

Complete Grizzleheim (and I think being level 50something is a requirement as well).

webkinzadam8 wrote:
Question towards diviners, how do you get tempest to deal so much damage in pvp, a lvl 70 diviner killed me in 4 turns. He had only stormblade on. What happened was he had like 7 pips, then he casted tempest, and it was critical and did 5460 damage to me and my team mate, we died instantly... how were you able to do that...

Storm can outhit all of the other schools~ they have the highest chance of critical, and ridiculously-high base damage. In turn, they have low health, resistance and low base accuracy (70%)~ the right gear makes all the difference. My Storm wiz is level 48 and doesn't yet have access to critical, but she'll be a hurricane of pain when she hits 50. :)

Tempest is a rank X spell, meaning that it depends on how many pips the caster has. If the guy you faced had 7 power pips (yellow ones), that's a 14-pip Tempest~ if he used enchantments, plus his Stormblade, and hit critical, those numbers make sense.

Like everything else in this game, critical is a dice-roll~ meaning that it's totally random.

webkinzadam8 wrote:
What items have judgement on them besides the set in the crown shop? Heard it can do 125 per pip

Vial of the Sun (level 56+ drop from Mithraya in Trial of the Spheres) gives one each of boosted Judge and Spectral Blast. These cannot be enchanted.

Malistaire's Tunic of Torment (level 50 cloak drop from Malistaire) also gives a boosted Judge card, but only Balance wizards can wear it.

Those are the only ones I know of, perhaps others can add to this. :)

~

Hope this helps!

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Sestiva
Archmage of Awesomeness

(level 80 Balance/48 Storm)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
but when I face the bosses... 4 with 9000 HP, blew my mind... Had to ask some level 70s for help... and exp made me feel cheap... (only around 1000)...
That's because you did it wrong. There was a clue from the king when you accepted that quest. Defeat Jotun's brothers BEFORE going into try to defeat him. That's what the two dungeon's contain...
You can defeat Jotun MUCH easier with only his minion.