Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips not increasing past 7

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I have an odd problem. I thought this was just a problem when I was in the test realm but it's happening in the live realm. I can't seem to get more than seven pips. Even counting power pips as one pip I don't get anymore than seven. I first noticed it when I was trying to use a treasure card that needed eight pips in the test realm. So when I was in live game I thought I would try to wait before casting spells just to see if can get eight but it stopped getting more pips. It's not a big problem right now but when I get my higher ranked spell it will be.

So has anyone else have this problem?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
blacknightshade wrote:
I have an odd problem. I thought this was just a problem when I was in the test realm but it's happening in the live realm. I can't seem to get more than seven pips. Even counting power pips as one pip I don't get anymore than seven. I first noticed it when I was trying to use a treasure card that needed eight pips in the test realm. So when I was in live game I thought I would try to wait before casting spells just to see if can get eight but it stopped getting more pips. It's not a big problem right now but when I get my higher ranked spell it will be.

Are you trying to use a spell that isn't your own school? If so, you will need a mastery amulet to cast those spells/treasure cards.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
There are only 7 slots for pips. You will not be able to cast 8-9 pips spells from different schools unless you have the mastery amulet for that school.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
The level 58 and 68 spells are intended to be useable only by their respective schools. Therefore, only 7 pips, so you can use your schools, but not say a storm is you are fire. Unless you have a mastery amulet.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
blacknightshade wrote:

Hiya blacknightshade!

This problem you have is not a problem at all. This is the way Kingsisle has made the game. Treasure cards that are not from your school and require 8 or more pips are impossible to use, unless you have a mastery amulet. Treasure cards from your school or any spell from your school that require 8 pips or more should be easy to get with power pips plus regular pips. You should have no problem with using those spells. Hope this helps!

--Sabrina Goldendust
Lvl 46 Conjurer

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
blacknightshade wrote:
.....Even counting power pips as one pip I don't get anymore than seven.....
This is the standard. With power pips you can have up to fourteen pips.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Thank you everybody! That was my problem. The tresure card wasn't from my school. So now just decide if want to get mastery amulet for that school or is it better to get one for your secondary school.

Thanks again!

The saying goes learn something new everyday!

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Get a mastery amulet for your secondary school first. If you absolutely must use the card in question then you can get an amulet for that card's school. Keep in mind that you can only wear one amulet at a time, so choose wisely.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
blacknightshade wrote:
Thank you everybody! That was my problem. The tresure card wasn't from my school. So now just decide if want to get mastery amulet for that school or is it better to get one for your secondary school.

Thanks again!

The saying goes learn something new everyday!

The mastery amulet has to be for your seconday school. You cannot use an amulet that is the same as your main school of focus..... In other words, if you are fire, you CAN'T use a Fire mastery amulet.