Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
I'm still learning about the hatching process and I just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

If I hatch someone elses dragon (purchased from the shop keeper) with my sea dragon (crown pet) I could end up with another sea dragon, but they could only end up with another dragon? I understand that the pet could manifest talents from either parent. Or would I also end up with a dragon? I understand that unique hybrids will not be created for these sort of hatchings, but could either of us end up with a hybrid at all?

What if I hatched my sea dragon with my own dragon (also purchased from the shop keeper)? Would the same rules apply then since both pets were my own? (I would assume the same rules would apply since pets are tradeable to the other characters on your account and maybe you have more than one person playing on that account.)

What if I hatched my sea dragon with my stormzilla (school pet)? Could I end up with another sea dragon out of that hatching?

Or to end up with another sea dragon, would I have to hatch with another crown shop pet?

The same questions apply to any crown shop pet versus non crown shop pet, and I am just using my sea dragon as an example. Thank you!

Also, I'm working on leveling both my fierce hound and my sea dragon to epic to see what traits they both come out with, and I may just breed the two. So far with my Fierce Hound's Spritely and my Sea Dragon's Tower Shield and Sharp Shot, there are three talents I would like to see manifested in a new pet already.