Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Local Spells. Please take a look!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Hi.

Whenever you go to a world, it really builds up an atmosphere, with it's stunning graphics, brilliant artwork, music, sounds, etc. But when you get involved in monster fights, it serves as a reminder that you're still battling a group of monsters that cast the same spells although they look different. And that really shatters the fantasy of being in a new world, because you're having to fight against the same spells.

When I say local spells, I mean spells that are suited to some world. I don't mean to say that all the spells should be different, (since with all the globalisation and people travelling to and fro the Spiral and all), but some of them should be unique to a world.

Below I illustrate my point:

For Dragonspyre, we can have an advanced version of a dragon (Like in the KI video), different elemental dragons, Fire Earthquake, or even a really strong spell that would summon the Dragon Titan.

For Celestia, typically Moon and Sun and Star damage spells would be appropriate. Like MoonBeam from the wand in the crowns shop. A Celestian spirit. Mythraya's Anger. Eclipse. Shadow of the Moon. Stellar Alignment. Supernova. Catch my drift?

For MooShu, (I had a brainwave), we could call in the Moodha or something. I know they've made spells related to the Goat Monk, Samoorai, and the Ninja Pigs, but the Moodha idea could also be appropriate. A Moodha Statue colouring and transforming into a brilliant God surrounded by flowers and spring rain.

For Zafaria, they could call in their own Gods (it feels so funny when a Zafarite calls in a Storm Lord, because you wouldn't associate an African world with witch doctors and flat, empty grasslands with a purple-clothed Greek God type thing). They could cast Witch Doctor magic, Lion's Roar.

I'm also NOT saying for these spells to be immediately available. But if this idea is implemented, they could develop that into teachers on the world, (you'd just use training points. The mains spells would still be given by the Ravenwood teachers), and then training cards.

Please add more ideas for local spells, and tell me what you think, and whether this idea is good enough to be implementable or not. :)

Thank-you.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Or KI could make the spell animation different for each world. Then everyone would cast a "different" spell on each world even though it's the same card.

I think your idea should be mob/boss only. Don't make the new spells open to players. It would take the mystery out of what the Gryzzleheim version of Kraken might look like, as apposed to the original version.