Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i become a ghost, everything freezes,

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
this is a very unusual and some what entertaining bug that has happened to me twice in avalon. i have no clue as to what causes it but at random points in the game (2 so far) EVERYTHING except particle effects, me and chat bubbles and text bubbles completely freeze, yet i am still able to move, the GUI works fine, i can still port around, and sometimes i just see my wizard standing there and i turn into my staff and just float off while i see me just standing their with my arm out as if i am holding the staff but with nothing in hand. its some what entertaining because not only that its also a new invisible glitch. its also some form of warping ability to it seems that when i go into, "frozen phantom mode" i can see frozen enemies and then if i log off then get back on then are standing in the exact spot where they were and while i am in phantom mode i can just float rite by them and they don't even notice. its ether i shortly become a ghost or i am moving at warp speed but my body gets left behind. the one bad thing i see about this fun bug is that when i try to log out it crashes game and i have to restart my computer. (thats what happen first time) (second time is what i was talking about being able to "warp") and if i port to friends or house its just the same but its the only way to move my body in the game around and people say that i am standing in one place but my chat bubbles are else where. very odd don't you agree professors? i guess after being a death wizard for so long you after a while obtiane ghost powers like the poor saps in dragon spyre.

Administrator
I'd like to get some more information from you about your computer so we can diagnose this problem you are encountering.

Can you please send the following information to the email address community@wizard101.com and put the Subject as "i become a ghost, everything freezes,"

->your account name
->the character name that this occurs on
->your dxdiag file (see below)
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com