Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strategy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2012
Ok, so I have just started out as a myth wizard, but I have a somewhat good strategy laid out. I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but maybe they have. Ok so I use storm trap, then storm blade, then i use a myth prism(converts to storm), I then use a boost to myth, then i use a trap to myth, , and i do a one hit myth attack. Doing this allows you to get multiple strong boosts, while following the first in last out rule. Any other advanced strategies? (not obvious ones)
Thanks in advance

Michael LegendBlade
Lvl 9 Myth Wizard

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Nessaling wrote:
Ok, so I have just started out as a myth wizard, but I have a somewhat good strategy laid out. I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but maybe they have. Ok so I use storm trap, then storm blade,

Well unfortunately blades of another element will not trigger for the castor so the storm blade idea is only going to end in failure. There is no way around it. Storm blade on a Myth school when you are myth just isn't possible.

then i use a myth prism(converts to storm), I then use a boost to myth, then i use a trap to myth, , and i do a one hit myth attack.

The myth prism after the storm trap however can be a good way to sneak in a big strike like a medusa so long as the shield is a myth shield you are pushing through and not a tower shield, absorb shield, armor type of shield like ice armor, etc. Also be sure that the prism is laid on top of the myth shield otherwise the myth shield will trigger and destroy your plan.

Also if you try to mix your myth traps and storm traps. you must do it in this order:

storm trap, myth prism, myth trap.
This way the strike will activate the items in the proper order:

Say 200 myth strike,
25% (myth trap) myth strike now 250
myth prism (from here on out the attack will only read storm elemental boosts or universal boosts)
25% storm trap

so now the attack after the storm trap triggers will bring the strike total to 312.
So that's it.

I can only at this time give basic advice:
Count everything. That's my personal mantra. And learn deck balance and how to use treasures the smart way. No spell makes an easy win, but any spell can lay the floor for the win a few rounds ahead.

Just to encourage you and to get you to appreciate how sensitive some things can be in arena, one of my fav stories is how I summoned talos, he lives only one round, but he gets a hex trap on my enemy.
Six turns later because I managed to save that trap, my strike ended up winning the match. So never take a certain spell for granted.

You will win or lose by 1 pip, 1 fizzle, a two or three percent difference in resist or attack boost based on your gear or opponents gear, etc. You will win/lose by one point of health. All these things with experience you'll go through XD And it's freaking fun, frustrating, adventurous, enjoy yourself.

Learn, grow and shake the arena

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Nessaling wrote:
Ok, so I have just started out as a myth wizard, but I have a somewhat good strategy laid out. I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but maybe they have. Ok so I use storm trap, then storm blade, then i use a myth prism(converts to storm), I then use a boost to myth, then i use a trap to myth, , and i do a one hit myth attack. Doing this allows you to get multiple strong boosts, while following the first in last out rule. Any other advanced strategies? (not obvious ones)
Thanks in advance

Michael LegendBlade
Lvl 9 Myth Wizard

First off how does a myth wizard get a storm blade without rummaging through the bazaar for the tc? Secondly, you shouldn't worry about trapping since the only good single hit myth spell is Medusa. Oh and don't train into storm, you'll soon regret it, my Life sure did when he bought back his tp's for Earthquake :x The best myth strategy is to blade with Myth blade, spirit blade, and tc spirit blade, along with the always helpful myth bubble. Also summon Talos and maybe give him a tower to block meteor, blizzard, or any other low pip aoe's. Once you're set up with plenty of blades, proceed to use shatter and follow up with medusa (best if you are first) and then use infect or doom, lastly peppering the opponent with minotaurs and other low pip spells. Another option would be to use basalisk or orthrus (better from second) so long as the opponet has only 1 tower and you no weaknesses and then follow up with what you would have done with medusa. This is only a simple outline of the myth school seeing as there is much more to a fight than just bladding and attacking. What you're talking about is how people get the badge "One in a Million", but takes to long to set up. Now if you have no idea what I have been talking about, Then I'd suggest you wait until you've gained more experience and are at a later level to start formulating you strategy.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Nessaling wrote:
Thanks in advance

Michael LegendBlade
Lvl 9 Myth Wizard
I'm not entirely sure what the Prisms are for. But if it works for you, that's what is important. Anyway, if your enemy has a Shield that could block your cards up, use a Minotaur Treasure Card. The first hit for 50 damage is expendable and can remove the shield. The remaining damage (450, I think) is the important part.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010

I'm all about finding functional ways to build quick big damage on my low level characters and have a found a nice set on my lvl 10 ice, goes like this..

I run the Trickster's Lying Bow (raven hoard wand drop) on my ice, This gives two 45% ice blades with the downside of having a same school (ice wand attack which I compensate with one pip offschool attacks (storm snake) to get rid of weakness and towers.

What I soon found out is that my 45% blade on the wand actually stacks up with the TC version of the 45% blade so i'm getting 90% attack boost (112% with gear) in two rounds for no pips XD

Basically with a short deck i'll set these two blades, a 45% bubble and by usually by the sixth round a TC frostbite will punish even a perpared opponent for over 500 a round, frostbite gives a tick when you cast it so if they shield it's going right through it. Against a more skilled opponent i'll save a few more pips and combination to cut through resist... simple but deadly.

People don't expect a little ice to have BIG damage and quick tempo like that and it usually catches them off guard.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Lucario450 wrote:
First off how does a myth wizard get a storm blade without rummaging through the bazaar for the tc

Well lets see

Friend trade, bazaar,library, drops ext.

Plenty of ways. Low level pvp is all about who has the best treasure cards.

Secondly, you shouldn't worry about trapping since the only good single hit myth spell is Medusa

Oh so wrong. Sorry. Horribly wrong. Ever heard of basilisk? I know its a DOT, but it does more damage then leviathan. He could double trap, and double convert and go with orthrus. Anyways, how would he even use medusa? He needs a power pip which he cant get at his level. Thats out.

The best myth strategy is to blade with Myth blade, spirit blade, and tc spirit blade, along with the always helpful myth bubble

Whats to say that someone doesnt blade, and then kill you by then? Thats just gonna get you killed. Anyways, what devistating myth spell could a level 9 have? Not even cyclops. It would be ninja pigs, or cyclops treasure cards, or minotaur or orthrus or something which might not kill. At the end of that sequence of blading and trapping, he would have 3 pips left. so he could cyclops, but whats to say that the opponent doesnt shield? Well i guess they won then, unless you can bust out that pierce or shatter and give them more time to kill you.

Also summon Talos and maybe give him a tower to block meteor, blizzard, or any other low pip aoe's

Talos is banned from PvP.

Once you're set up with plenty of blades, proceed to use shatter and follow up with medusa (best if you are first)

Oh my. He couldnt use medusa first off. Level 9 people dont get power pips, or not very often enough if they do. Especially after he shatters which takes 3 pips. By the time he can medusa, the opponent may have already reshielded. And isnt everything better in PvP when you are first?

and then use infect or doom, lastly peppering the opponent with minotaurs and other low pip spells.

Minotaur takes 5 turns to prepair. Not exactly a low pip spell huh? 5 turns, he can once again kill you, and then some.

Now if you have no idea what I have been talking about, Then I'd suggest you wait until you've gained more experience and are at a later level to start formulating you strategy

I had some trouble understanding that myself, and i have an archmage and 2 masters. I strongly suggest you try the strategy yourself, because whats to say that the opponent cant counter what you are doing. They arent just going to sit there and pass and let you set up the whole time. Do you even Know what you are talking about? Myth has only one good single spell. Please.

Survivor
May 29, 2012
Hey Lucario450! Your reply was very helpful. I found this very interesting, you obviously know what your doing. What should my secondary be? I was thinking of Balance, but my friend told me it was an awful secondary class. Thanks ALOT!

CorbinW- Hey I thought blades, prisms, traps, etc. worked where the first played was the last out? As such wouldn't my strategy work? Could you explain why it doesn't work?

bionaknight- Prisms convert damage types. For example my myth prism converts any myth attack to storm damage.

travisAk- Awesome! That is great, I always liked ice but lack of major damage always pushed me away. Ill have to try it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Nessaling wrote:

CorbinW- Hey I thought blades, prisms, traps, etc. worked where the first played was the last out? As such wouldn't my strategy work? Could you explain why it doesn't work?

You were right about the first in last out thing. I just laid everything out for you with detail so you can see it in action and think it through. You were not wrong about the traps but you were wrong about the blade part. Read my part again, I know I give a lot of info and bombard threads with text but its only to be informative. If you are still having trouble understanding something, you can just ask.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
especially at low lvl pvp most players shield for storm because many use storm TC hoping to finish a fight quick, so converting damage to storm will not likely be a good idea

a single attack uses single kind of blades but by converts that attack can use a second type of traps only, so storm blade will do no good unless you plan to cast a storm spell

Survivor
May 29, 2012
I am now level 30 and all of these replies have been somewhat helpful. As a side note, my friend was looking for something like red ghost and white rat magician, but for ice/storm/fire. Anyway, I use the double blade strategy/ orthus treasure card and It creams people on pvp. I survive b/c I do this with my lvl 80 life wiz friend, he heals, i tower shield, he adds absorbs to me and I do amazing damage. I also have feint, so i can do about 300 + 4000 damage. Not practical at all but oh so fun.
i use time of legend, 2 storm blade, 2 storm trap,2 myth convert, 2 myth blade, 2 myth trap, 2 feint, orthus. pip count-12/turn count-15
P.S. I know it is impractical! I have shatter tc to break wards if there are too many, but normally first hit of orthus gets them