Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best secondary school for Storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I have a lvl 14 Storm wizard and i was wondering what the best secondary school for him is.
PLS keep in mind that you learn Astral spells at lvl 50+ so don't tell me to learn multiple spells cos i intend to learn Astrals.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
jjman2313 wrote:
I have a lvl 14 Storm wizard and i was wondering what the best secondary school for him is.
PLS keep in mind that you learn Astral spells at lvl 50+ so don't tell me to learn multiple spells cos i intend to learn Astrals.

So you made a storm eh? having fun with those fizzles yet? Anyways, i would invest in life so you can heal yourself. Storms devistating attacks need reinforcement so that they can stay alive to actually get to attack. Although when you get to avalon, and you complete wintertusk, you will get a storm heal spell, but it isnt sure fire good. Anyways, If you do have extras once you FINISH the life school, invest in strong through gargantuan, and eventually colossal too. If you still have extra, invest in ice through tower shield to help you with your defences. Happy Killing. And fizzling for a while i guess :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jjman2313 wrote:

On my storm I invested in the Blades from Niles in Krock Land - keep in mind you will waste a pip on them during battle and then the Sun spells starting with Giant at level 50 in Celestia, you don't have to take the accuracy spells offered just the one that boost your normal spells -by then you can boost accuracy in gear. My crafted level 56 helmet also provided a blade. Other wise I did fine not investing in any other school spells, so many wizards invest in other schools and regret it later - mainly mid Mooshu when power pips become more available. Going with life will not benefit you any better then the Sprite spell you are supplied with, most other wizards do not look to you to heal them, I did rely on a spritely pet. Wasting power pips on out of school spells becomes to costly. I find once you get on that I have to heal ride it draws the fights out to defeating you in the end anyway. Altho I don't shield, ice to tower maybe the only thing worth the bother, Death to feint is ok but really work on damage in gear and you can level stuff with out it. Use Treasure Cards to fill in the blanks rather then waste a training point. I have amassed so many treasure cards that now I am passing them around to my other wizards to use up.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
The best secondary school for storm is life. Trust me, i have a level 71 storm and i still use a few life spells. Only train up to satyr because that's all you need. Remember, storm has low health so you will need good healing spells and life has that.
-Lucas SwiftStone
Transcendendt Diviner

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
The best secondary school would be life. You are going to need to heal yourself at some point, and no one will be able to help you. So, just do it yourself, you know? Also, the life attack spells ain't half bad either.

Haley Fairygarden
Level 45 Life Wizard

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
thejordanator wrote:
jjman2313 wrote:

So you made a storm eh? having fun with those fizzles yet? Anyways, i would invest in life so you can heal yourself. Storms devistating attacks need reinforcement so that they can stay alive to actually get to attack. Although when you get to avalon, and you complete wintertusk, you will get a storm heal spell, but it isnt sure fire good. Anyways, If you do have extras once you FINISH the life school, invest in strong through gargantuan, and eventually colossal too. If you still have extra, invest in ice through tower shield to help you with your defences. Happy Killing. And fizzling for a while i guess :D
very very helpful thanks

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
there is a cool trick for finding a secondary school. look at the triangle of magic. if you choose a school in the middle and at either side (death and life) the schools at the connecting triangle tips are ice and fire. if you cannot afford to buy a mastery necklace choose the school that connects if you can, choose your school's opposite secondary. for storm, the connecting school is balance because it just is. myth is not a good primary school and therefore is best used as a third school for level 30+ people.

I'm a necromancer and got my secondary school to be fire (getting the necklace soon) my third school is myth and I am better at battling than most of my friends.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
I'm a storm too so I had to make up my mind too so I just went with life because storm is the strongest school but yet our health is the lowest so we can get defeated quicker than the other schools so go with life

Daniel SilverCoin 72 Diviner (Transcendent)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I'm a level 61 storm wizard and i choose life as a back up school. Life is good becuase your going to need healing considering storms low heath. I would also recomend looking into the sun school or moon school. Moon can polymorph you into something with better heath. Sun can boost up those attacks even more. Fizzles can be prevented if you train in the sun school or by using clothing to boost up accuracy.

-Travis RainbowFountain (Legendary Diviner)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
I am a level 22 storm and I think life would be a good secondary school, since storm does have low health and needs to be healed once and a while.
I'm going to buy back my training points from that guy in Golem Court and change my secondary to life. :)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
jjman2313 wrote:

For a storm you will want to learn too schools this will be the best setup for you and help you a lot.

First school ice - learn to tower then stop.
Second school Life is one pick you can take but you don't ( HAVE ) too, you start off with pixie. If you take life learn to Satyr and stop.
Or you can take Death - Learn to Feint and stop.
You don't need to learn a other school for attacks storm already hits hard so you need spells to support you.
Tower shield is a given you want to learn that no matter what.
Just my too cents. Enjoy hope this helps.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
jjman2313 wrote:
for a storm wizard. I would say either myth or life. many people might not agree with me but I think storm is the strongest school so life may be the best choice to be unstoppable . I myself am a lvl 28 myth and storm student and j am farther ahead in the game than my otherlvl 28 friends

Steven storm crafter lvl 28 myth
shout out to scarlet golspear and Brian battlestaff

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I am myth and when I hit a storm i get boost when a storm hits me he gets myth so definitely MYTH!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
Storm is an assassin character that can get to the point quickly. Fizzle and low mana is a weakness that requires life spells and other protective stuff.
I have a level 48 Storm (love the storm lord). I agree with most of the posts. Important spells:
Life: Sprite, Spirit Armour, Seraph (90% spell), and Saytr
Ice: Tower Shield
Balace: Weakness, Elemental Blades.
This combination of spells allows me to really grin out battles. The combination of the Spirit Armour, Tower Shield and weakness (along with the strom and life shields) can be an awesome protection combo.
I also wear the life amulet which makes using Saytr or Seraph with power pips extremely handy. Plus, I buy Nature's wrath cards for extra damage.
I craft my own clothes that are Storm/Life so Seraph does better damage and I use a life wand. However, I also keep a Myth wand when fighting storm characters to remove the Myth shield.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
I have a level 80 storm wizard, and originally, I was spending spell points on life to get saytr and bought a life mastery necklace. However, I have not used any life spells for a long, long time in either PvP or PvE. As a storm wizard, your advantage (other than the damage of course) is that you attack with fewer pips. So, you really want to get gear to maximize power pips and typically (i.e., when not fighting bosses) setup your deck with a few pip-consuming spells as possible (weakness, storm blade, shields, aura's, etc.) so that you can attack in as few turns as possible. If you are healing, you are not attacking. I kept my life spells, even though I don't use them, because I wanted legend shield to block myth/death attacks.

I would never attack with any spell that is not storm because you are spending more pips for less damage so I don't think of getting fire or other attack spells. I did get earthquake so that I could remove shields, but I found that could remove the shields faster with my wand spells. Also, I use it so infrequently, I bought back the nine myths spell points. Also, I now use a lot of prisms now to get around the storm shields.

I saved up my spell points to get star/sun spells. In additional to the normal spells, I also spent a point on reshuffle so that I could discard rapidly to get the right shields/ blades/traps without running out of cards. I really like that strategy. Also, for a long time (after getting tower shield, weakness, and satyr), I was not using my spell points, but a couple of the Avalon bosses were really tough, so I have been spending spell points on some types of dispels.

By the way, I generally don't like feint because a storm wizard already does so much damage and because your health is low, that the 30% self-trap often hurts you more than the 70% trap helps.

Good luck

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
Don't take secondary school but get Satyr. PIP use is the disadvantage for getting second school unless you have a mastery amulet. Even then, I don't think you will use it a lot. There is mass convert and convert so you don't need to worry about bosses of your own school. Also, there is a side deck. Put the spell your school is weak on so if you forget putting convert, you have something to draw.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
jjman2313 on Jun 25, 2012 wrote:
i would go with its oposite, myth. like i did with my ice wizard, i used fire. it is much simpler especially when you fight a storm.