Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeated player - healing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
I am wondering if this is a bug or is there a reason behind this? If a player is defeated, and you heal them, the monsters immediately turn on the person who is revived. If they were healed with a sprite, they are immediately defeated again.

Why do the monsters turn on them when they are revived? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of even having the ability to revive them? It seems to me that once the monsters have turned their agression elsewhere, it should stay there at least until the player begins attacking again. I feel like it's a waste of a turn to revive another player if the monsters are just going to turn around and defeat them again. I know I won't waste any more sprite heals on a defeated player.

I have also seen players who turn around and start attacking again right after being revived. Silly people, don't they realize the monsters are going to turn on them if they do that? At least make sure to heal up, shield yourself, etc, before attacking again. :P

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho I think it is random I don't think it is a bug - on some important missions I have told wizards that I plan to revive them but will wait till the last cast around so it is assured they will get credit for the battle. This works better if you are first up other wise can be a gamble to predict what the monster will do but usually by then the focus is on me totally.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fiziali wrote:
I am wondering if this is a bug or is there a reason behind this? If a player is defeated, and you heal them, the monsters immediately turn on the person who is revived. If they were healed with a sprite, they are immediately defeated again.

Why do the monsters turn on them when they are revived? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of even having the ability to revive them? It seems to me that once the monsters have turned their agression elsewhere, it should stay there at least until the player begins attacking again. I feel like it's a waste of a turn to revive another player if the monsters are just going to turn around and defeat them again. I know I won't waste any more sprite heals on a defeated player.

I have also seen players who turn around and start attacking again right after being revived. Silly people, don't they realize the monsters are going to turn on them if they do that? At least make sure to heal up, shield yourself, etc, before attacking again. :P

The mobs attack someone just healed because they know they are weak and are not at full health. It's fair. It's battle. The key is to shield right away and heal some more. Not always possible, but that's the idea. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If the wizard that was just defeated had tremendous aggro, then the monsters are going to attack them every time they enter the duel. Defeat does not clear aggro. Either the other wizards have to generate more aggro than the defeated wizard (attack with higher numbers than the defeated wizard or use taunt) or the defeated wizard, upon return, has to use a subdue type card. HoT (or heals over time) will not work to revive your defeated teammates since the first "tick"/round is so small (unless the cast is timed perfectly).

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
As I agree with your point of view, I am sorry to say that this is not a glitch. It is just how the game works. Here are some tips...
If the player that is fist in battle, or in first battle slot gets killed, and that round you healed him (lets say you have an over time spell, it kills you, and you heal the person that died), if enemies on the other team were going to use something they still will be able to. So you may want to wait a round or two.
Also, the first person will always have the first two enemies focused on he/she, so they should shield more. And that means him or her will receive more damage. So dont bother healing the first guy with a weaker healing, cause unless you heal again, they are gonna go right back down.
I strongly recommend use of the stronger heals, as they are much more efficient (Satyr, Regenerate, Rebirth, etc...). I wish you good luck, and more health, have fun playing!

Defender
May 19, 2012
In one instance I do recall using a huge damage spell that should have generated more agro than the other player, and the monsters still attacked the other player when I healed them. I just won't use anymore sprites to heal a defeated player, simple as that. Thanks for all the replies, everyone. :)

@ravenlady777 since the monsters attack immediately after the person is revived, the person doesn't have time to shield before being defeated again.

Since it's usually just me and one other player, it is kind of impossible to revive the player and down the monster before the monster can attack them. Therefore sprite heals are simply useless for reviving someone.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
fiziali wrote:

Yeah that happened to me to when I healed my friend who was defeated and they inastantly turned to her.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
In certain places the mobs (aka monsters) are made so that they target a certain person first. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it's usually some form of whoever they think poses the highest threat (highest level, highest health, first postition etc).

It could be that in the world you are in they are set to focus on the person with lower health first, or perhaps they are set to all focus on someone when they are close to being defeated. I'm not sure.