Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question:Storm Critical Hit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
I am level Storm 57; my chance of critical hit is 26 & blocking is 78. Anyway not worried about blocking; i am just wondering how much more numbers do i need to hit critical?
exmaple; i am 26 in critical & i need like 40 to hit critical.
i rarely hit critical. so please help?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
lucky593674 wrote:
I am level Storm 57; my chance of critical hit is 26 & blocking is 78. Anyway not worried about blocking; i am just wondering how much more numbers do i need to hit critical?

You wont hit critical that often. You only have a 5.2% chance of hitting a critical. You should wait till level 60 to start worrying about critical. That is when you get your waterworks gear(if you do the dungeon enough. Your critical rating will be 121 just from the hat and robe, and then you add the critical from your wand. Dont worry about critical at this point. Just worry about getting to level 60. Also make sure you have done crab alley. You can get the quest from the dude that gave you the quest to fight the kraken back in triton avenue once you reach legendary for crab alley if you havent done it, and i beleive the same person for the waterworks quest.

Note: you need to do crab alley for waterworks quest

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
lucky593674 wrote:
Well, though I would say go for Damage over Critical, a Critical chance of 60 would be a good starting point. With a good wand and Waterworks Gear, your Critical can get to roughly 150.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I am a Storm as well. However, I have a higher chance of Critical since I am level 68. Now,26 is an extremely low percentage for a critical hit. The only thing I can say to 'help' you is to get better gear from the bazaar. Oh and if you want to see what percentage of Critical hit 26 is just roll over the number and there it is! Try not to focus on Critical much though since it is only a chance of a better hit. Happy Questing!

~*Kayla*~ Legendary Diviner, lvl 68
~*Kiley Dreamer*~ Adept Sorceress, lvl 23
~*Taylor Shadowwalker*~ Apprentice Necromancer, lvl 5

"True failure only occurs when one stops trying."

Defender
May 19, 2012
My storm wizard (secondary is life) is level 53 with a 40 critical across the board. Honestly, she seems to critical quite often, but mostly on heals or when she throws a wand spell. She doesn't critical very often on her damage spells, but then she fizzles more often than she casts anyways.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
One way that I use to help out my criticals is to use vengeance, which can either be trained in CL or a TC version.
The trained spell will give you a +20% critical (100 critical points?) for 4 rounds, the TC version is +25%.
Really helps my criticals, and more importantly, getting past a boss block.
I would agree with others that you should look at a straight damage boost if you have to choose. You are level 57, so crafted WT gear should give you a good boost and the helms (I think) give you a big school blade (my death is 45%). The damage boost is there every hit, critical or not.