Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to solo with storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
So far I have a balance/storm wizard up to level 29 and have really enjoyed it. Although I'm realizing now how much more important your primary is over your secondary with the power pip system. I've been trying to start a storm wizard, but am finding it difficult to survive even non-boss encounters sometimes (he's only level 6 though). And the fizzle rate drives me nuts too.

Does it get easier at higher levels? Is storm a viable solo class?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
You can not solo with any school. I believe kingsisle made this game is to build team work in there players, you may be able to solo certain things but never the whole game.

James Thunderblade
level 40 Diviner (storm)

Current area Dragon spyre

P.S. I need help with Edrik's Vault if any one is willing. I hope my post helped clarify your question. :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Ice and death solo perhaps a little better than the other classes, but apart from that, there isn't much difference in soloing ability between the various classes. I've soloed all the way to Dragonspyre with a storm wizard, skipping only Kensington along the way.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I am a Storm Wizard and yes, I pretty much have soloed the entire way, except for those times when friends port to me in a middle of a battle. The only instanced area I have not done and virtually impossible for anyone to solo is Kensington Place in Marlybone. Plus you can't solo Malistaire.

I'm not saying it was easy. Some battles were tougher than others, but it can be done. Also, it's easier for some schools to solo than others, Storm being one of them.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
you can almost solo with death and a good second school but there are some instance that you can't do solo like the final countdown and some other quest
but why solo it's always good to have a friend to help you so you can enjoy the game more that's the main point of some instance so you can team up and get to know some other people

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
I have a level 36 Storm/Death Wizard. I've soloed with her through everything except, for example the final level or round on Big Ben and Clockwork West. (I haven't done Kensington Park quest yet.) Otherwise, she does ok. I like to use Death simply for the HP you can get back with certain spells. It doesn't mean that she hasn't died - she is after all, the Queen of Fizzle. She has died several times but it's not a bad combination. However, I fly with my Death student - very slick. Her secondary is Myth.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Right, I'm not looking to solo the entire game, but I'd say that the way I play most often is solo (and then just group up when groups are available). I started a death character, and although I like the health you get back from attacks, and the feeling that you'll almost never die, I keep going back to storm because I like the feel of it. I just get worried when I see high level storm wizards with half the health of my balance wizard - I start wondering how they can possibly survive any encounter without someone else to take the hits for them?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I am a grandmaster diviner, and i am getting ready to beat malistair. I have done everything in this game solo except the big ben tower. I am sure i could have made it through there with more than a few deaths, but I didnt want to play that long.

Not that going solo has been without doing things over and over at times. But I have found it to be quite easy. I would suggest a few things. First, change you deck. Empty it completely and start over. When I did this, it made a HUGE difference.

Very late in the game, I added life to my wizard. It has come in handy, but i don't use it very often.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
irishfanpro wrote:
You can not solo with any school. I believe kingsisle made this game is to build team work in there players, you may be able to solo certain things but never the whole game.

James Thunderblade
level 40 Diviner (storm)

Current area Dragon spyre

P.S. I need help with Edrik's Vault if any one is willing. I hope my post helped clarify your question. :-D

I beg to differ. I have solo'd the ENTIRE game with a Life wizard (except for Malistaire, which I could have solo'd if I had a choice) and am currently almost finished with Mooshu using a Death wizard. I fully expect to finish the game with my Death wizard solo.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I also only needed to get someone with me to do big ben, and also because I wanted it done quick (subscription at the time was expiring soon). Being death, I have been able to do everything else solo except Great Sypre for obvious reasons (hate stuff that forces you to group :(), i could prolly even solo kensingston park if ever decide to take the time to do it as I HATE long instances, for the very reason being that they're long .

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
elias4444 wrote:
Right, I'm not looking to solo the entire game, but I'd say that the way I play most often is solo (and then just group up when groups are available). I started a death character, and although I like the health you get back from attacks, and the feeling that you'll almost never die, I keep going back to storm because I like the feel of it. I just get worried when I see high level storm wizards with half the health of my balance wizard - I start wondering how they can possibly survive any encounter without someone else to take the hits for them?

I've soloed my storm wizard to level 32 now. I'm working my way through Marleybone. And if you've browsed through the forums much, you'll see a bit of a trend. Storm wizards don't have the hit points because unlike some classes we don't stand toe to toe trading blows. The fizzle rate is exhaustingly frustrating sometimes, but I helped out a higher level friend of mine who has a life wizard the other night, and I could go in and win three battles to his one.

Storm doesn't have the high hit points because essentially, we rely on the fact that we'll be able to get our heavy hitters out fast, win the battle, and move on. I suggest using gear that boosts your power pip percentage...that'll help the most. Mana is always nice too.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
***Adding this in because I found the thread I was looking for AFTER posting my last post***

Life- plenty of health and can heal itself and others. High accuracy but low damage, so while you could probably do the whole game solo with life, you will get bored very easily because battles last a life time.

Death- Not so much health as life, but plenty anyways. Good accuracy, but does not do so much damage. However, this school lets smart wizards make spectacular combos (which are time consuming) and as an added plus they drain health from their opponents.

Myth- medium health and attack power, good accuracy. They can summon minions to help them fight in battles

Ice- The BEST health possible, but the LOWEST attack possible. They can absorb a lot of damage, and this means that they can outlast almost any opponent, but at the same time this means that each and every battle may take a lot of time

Fire- Low health, low accuracy but high attack power. They specialize in damage over time spells (i think)

storm - Lowest health, lowest accuracy, but highest attack damage. It does not take a lot of time for us to make a lot of damage, so our battles tend to be very short! I do not need a lot of health if by the end of 3 turns I can already do over 1,000 damage! (Storm blade, storm trap, kracken, and one golden pip)