Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fire dragon commercial, ki, plz read this...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
dear kingsisle,

to start it off, i would like to say that the recently 100% amazing commercial you released was just spectacular. everyone agrees on this seemingly btw- CRAZILY.

as that was a greeting of this proposal message, i would like to get your attention to something. i have been reading comments and posts on central and youtube, and it seems like this commercial affected everyone. there was even a post that if someone were to start playing wizard101 based on the commercial, they would be disappointed by how much the difference promises between the game itself and the commercial. of course, threads such as the rebooting of wizard101 as possibility have been created, with differing opinions. therefore, i have a very good solution to this matter:

-you dont really need to change the whole game (it would be awesome, but everyone realizes this would take years to accomplish), but only a few aspects of the following:

1. as seen in the commercial, when the boy was attacked by malistaire's bolt, a storm shield had a force field around the boy in which the beam hit the force field FIRST, THEN the shield broke. THAT is how i have always thought the shields should have worked when i first joined the game, so changing the shields function in the game now is one thing you could satisfy current, as well as upcoming new players to the game because it would reflect some part from the video commercial.

2. the way the girl's cards were floating in her hand--now THAT was awesome! coming back to me, you know, i have always had this imagination in which i thought why not make the spell book operational in battles? like instead of us just drawing the signs, you could make our wizards in this special cutscene in seconds, where our wizard is reading from the book as the sign forms, and then the summon starts. however, since you also brought the idea of floating cards in the girl's hand, that is actually even better too! all you have to do is change the way we summon by making after we choose the spell we want, our wizards go in that special cutscene mode in which the cards float and do exactly like how the girl's summoning action was done. and you dont have to change any summon animations, simply just make the camera angle more detailed at us like the commercial, and the cards floating cutscene and then the summons begin!

after all, ki, i think wizard101 is already spectacular, what other reason are we playing it then? however, to satisfy players even more, especially after how the commercial impacted EVERYONE, implementing at least those two things above could make the game even better, establishing the feeling of wizardly in every player-forever.

thanks for reading, and any comments are welcome from anyone of course :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I've seen those comments on Central and Youtube too, but they don't make sense given this isn't KI's first 3D video of Wizard101. Back in December, KI released a video about Zafaria that showed a lion king battling Morganthe that was done in 3D as well. Didn't really confuse anyone then regarding the game's graphics, so I'm pretty sure it won't confuse anyone now.

Also, adding any more animation to the duels will make the fights even longer than they are now. The girl's animation from the video might look good for a revamp of the reshuffle animation, but adding something like that to every caster (possibly four in a duel) on every round, adds up.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
man do i wish this could happen............but seems a bit much....

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I really like the commercial too. Now everyone is wanting the game to be like this. I bet they're sort of frustrated at that...

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Your idea is good but if KI does this it will take years and it would take up alot more space in your computer.
P.S. In the commercial Malistare uses a death attack and the storm shield stops it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kingurz wrote:
I've seen those comments on Central and Youtube too, but they don't make sense given this isn't KI's first 3D video of Wizard101. Back in December, KI released a video about Zafaria that showed a lion king battling Morganthe that was done in 3D as well. Didn't really confuse anyone then regarding the game's graphics, so I'm pretty sure it won't confuse anyone now.

Also, adding any more animation to the duels will make the fights even longer than they are now. The girl's animation from the video might look good for a revamp of the reshuffle animation, but adding something like that to every caster (possibly four in a duel) on every round, adds up.

I agree.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I'm just wondering why the girl is wearing low level ice clothes, and the first ice wand, and that she knows fire dragon? How does that make any sense?

Other than that, yeah, this is a totally awesome video! :D I love Malitaire's, " I'm dead " face. Lol, it cracked me up.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
lemme put it this way. if i was some kinda millionaire or just came into hundreds of thousands of dollars i would give a minimum of half of sed money and keep supplying sed money no mater how many months and years it took for KI to completely retexture and remaster the graphics and art of the game so it looks and sounds EXACTLY like it did in their commercial. if they were by some kinda crazy unanimous vote to begin the process of actually doing all that work something tells me there number of fans may TRIPLE. plus more players = more well you know... $$$$. so its a win win situation, more money for them and better graphics for us and possibly a much better visual experience that very well may make any other games have no contest in beating them visually.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
KI has mentioned before there are just some things they can't do, or add to the game. A 32 commercial is one thing, a game consisting of 11 worlds, millions of players and hundreds of thousands of NPC's, pets, and mounts is something else. I would love to think they would be able to upgrade the whole game to these new graphics, but I don't know if they have the money, time or technology. And if they do have the money and technology, it would take 1 to 2 years to fully upgrade the game to those graphics.

Wolf NightBreeze, Archmage Theurgist.

Defender
May 21, 2011
I think it should more be that they have battles like this, on a different thing you log into like the test realm? and only a certain amount of people at a time :)

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
It actually looked like the girl was discarding her cards and going with the Fire Dragon.
The graphics and artwork may improve in the long-run, but I doubt anything that would make a spell longer won't.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I can see how this would be a problem, when dueling time is conserned. Even so I don't think it's a bad idea! An easy way to not affect normal battles, which are very numerous, but to add the very cool effect, would be to just do it on boss fights!

This could still really slow down farming and whatnot, but what if a similar-to-video animation was put in at the final blow which finishes off the boss.
-Just a thought

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Maybe they should change the commercial instead.....be a lot simpler.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
the same day i saw the commercial on TV i saw it on youtube but wasnt that an ice wizard casting the fire dragon?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
toyroy wrote:
the same day i saw the commercial on TV i saw it on youtube but wasnt that an ice wizard casting the fire dragon?

....with a cloaked Fire Mastery amulet.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Also, @toyroy, I am a life wizard and i study life, death, AND fire.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
If you look closely, you will notice she used a treasure card...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kingurz wrote:

Kingurz is right.

Also, there are many of us playing on older computers that we can no longer update the drivers for our graphics cards nor can we afford to buy new computers just to play a game. The added graphics would make the game even harder for us to play and create even more unwanted problems or glitches in this area.

What KI can do for a video, and has done, is not really confusing. Many already have a few problems with some of the animations and don't need to have them compounded by adding more during a duel. KI has done a lot to help those of us with the older systems and I hope they will continue to do so.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
soc1001 wrote:
Your idea is good but if KI does this it will take years and it would take up alot more space in your computer.
P.S. In the commercial Malistare uses a death attack and the storm shield stops it.

You did not pay attention, obviously.

He uses a storm signal and a storm spell. The spell then destroys the shield.

Explorer
May 02, 2011
hadi791 wrote:
dear kingsisle,

to start it off, i would like to say that the recently 100% amazing commercial you released was just spectacular. everyone agrees on this seemingly btw- CRAZILY.

as that was a greeting of this proposal message, i would like to get your attention to something. i have been reading comments and posts on central and youtube, and it seems like this commercial affected everyone. there was even a post that if someone were to start playing wizard101 based on the commercial, they would be disappointed by how much the difference promises between the game itself and the commercial. of course, threads such as the rebooting of wizard101 as possibility have been created, with differing opinions. therefore, i have a very good solution to this matter:

-you dont really need to change the whole game (it would be awesome, but everyone realizes this would take years to accomplish), but only a few aspects of the following:

1. as seen in the commercial, when the boy was attacked by malistaire's bolt, a storm shield had a force field around the boy in which the beam hit the force field FIRST, THEN the shield broke. THAT is how i have always thought the shields should have worked when i first joined the game, so changing the shields function in the game now is one thing you could satisfy current, as well as upcoming new players to the game because it would reflect some part from the video commercial.

2. the way the girl's cards were floating in her hand--now THAT was awesome! coming back to me, you know, i have always had this imagination in which i thought why not make the spell book operational in battles? like instead of us just drawing the signs, you could make our wizards in this special cutscene in seconds, where our wizard is reading from the book as the sign forms, and then the summon starts. however, since you also brought the idea of floating cards in the girl's hand, that is actually even better too! all you have to do is change the way we summon by making after we choose the spell we want, our wizards go in that special cutscene mode in which the cards float and do exactly like how the girl's summoning action was done. and you dont have to change any summon animations, simply just make the camera angle more detailed at us like the commercial, and the cards floating cutscene and then the summons begin!

after all, ki, i think wizard101 is already spectacular, what other reason are we playing it then? however, to satisfy players even more, especially after how the commercial impacted EVERYONE, implementing at least those two things above could make the game even better, establishing the feeling of wizardly in every player-forever.

thanks for reading, and any comments are welcome from anyone of course :)
ya but if they added this there would be a possible chance of spending all there money and loosing the game just so you know

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
soc1001 wrote:

I don't know of the TV advert is different from the Youtube one, but I watched it online and it was definitely a Storm hit that broke the shield.

akitahbird wrote:
Other than that, yeah, this is a totally awesome video! I love Malitaire's, " I'm dead " face. Lol, it cracked me up.

Yeah, I giggled... He did not look impressed. :P

-

I like the commercial~ graphics are awesome, and I know my young niece and nephew would probably find it cool, too. Redoing the whole game like that would look spiffy, but how much maintenance/downtime would be involved? KI could lose years, and we don't want that (at least I don't).

Happy trails,

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness