Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell bug for Ice 7 pip spell and people who explo

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Hello,

Apparently there is an infinite stun bug with the seven pip Ice spell? I got hit with it twice last night in the Arena. I understand that bugs happen, and that y'all at KI work to fix them. However, what really burns me up is people who knowingly exploit the bug in the arena for thier benefit to ramp up thier rank and ticket count at the expense of other players.

Look, if you want to do that kind of thing to mobs in game, that is all fine and well, but in PVP it is just wrong. Some people have no resepct and no honor.

I move that KI should look into this and consider stripping people who do this sort of thing of tickets and rank. Or at least post a warning that anyone caught exploiting this will be penalized within the arena.

Alric Stormblade

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The 7 pip Storm spell has the same infinite stun bug. Playing 4v4 yesterday, one side cast the Storm one and the other cast the Ice version in the same round, leaving all eight of us permanently stunned. The only way to end the loop was to flee or log out of the game.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I've played games that had offered severe penalties against people exploiting bugs. In their in game report system, they had a list of rules to select from, one of which was Bug Abuse, exploiting of a game's errors for advancing themselves without really earning it.

However, some people that had finished the game may not have mobs that they were testing the spells on and were only using them in the arena. This would be an excuse for the first time someone does it, after that, they know they're cheating.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Thanks for the info on the Storm bug. I had not experienced it yet even though I have used the spell 5-8 times so far in the arena, so I didn't know about it till just now.

Guess I won't be using the Arena till they get it fixed.

RE: Abuse of bugs in arena, I totally agree that there should be a report system. Hopefully there is a way for them to verify multiple abuse. Agreed that incidental exploitation should not be punished, only repeated willful abuse.

Alric

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Not sure what they did but now NONE of those attacked are stunned, they all keep fighting like nothing happened.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
The bug that you are talking about is not a bug! It is part of those spells. Frost Giant and Storm Lord both have stun attached to their spells. That is why you and your friends could not go.

I dont understand why everyone thinks this is cheating! KI has spent a very long time develpoing advantages and disadvantages for all of the schools.

If you want to know why Frost Giant and Storm Lord have stun, it is because the damage done on these spells is way lower than the other 7th level spells.

The myth spells take two shields, balance adds weakness, fire has almost a thousand point of damage.....

Learning spells to put in your deck and how to execute them is part of the game. There is no cheating when using your own spells. Just because people dont like the choices of spells that others choose to use does not mean it is cheating. It means that they need to have their deck better balanced to fight anything that may come their way.

I hate minions in the arena! I dont want to play against people who throw minions. But there is no way I can say it is cheating.

If you dont like it, dont play in the arena!

Grandmaster of Storm

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Fizzen, your rant is very touching, but ultimately pointless. If you pay attention to the dates, these bugs were reported mid-April, just after the rank 7 spells were first released. Of course at this point in May, the bug has since been fixed, which is why you think it's not a bug. At the time it was posted, however, this WAS a major bug of concern, as the stuns lasted for countless turns. If you had a spell that left your opponent a sitting duck for the rest of the battle, I doubt you'd hesitate to use it. However, since it wasn't SUPPOSED to work that way, it's a bug and the people who exploited that were able to get very easy arena wins that they very much did NOT deserve. So, of course, people weren't very happy.