Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Re-Running A Quest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
Hi,

I have completed all the major quests for Krokotopia, but find that I forgot a couple of beetles, one of which is in the Emporer's Retreat. It's an instanced area and, when I went back to try and find the beetle, it wants me to re-run the interior quest. Is this right?

TIA
Hunter Darkstalker

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Instance quests are repeatable to let you get back through the instance. If you couldn't redo an instance quest, you couldn't unlock doors that completing an instance quest unlocks, for example. The second time you do an instance quest it gives only half experience, while the third and subsequent times, it gives no experience. Instance quests are marked by a small black and white spiral on the quest log.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Yes, it is correct. Generally in an instanced area with multiple goals you will get the first goal every time you start the instance. Whether you have to follow the internal quest goals depends on the instance and what you are there for. In Vault of Ice, if you want an item in the final boss' chamber, you have to fight all the earlier bosses to open the chamber. In Emperor's Retreat, if you want an item located in the Lake of Ice, you have to fight the first two bosses to get access to the lake, but you can skip the rest of the interior quest. In Ironworks (Marleybone) if you just need to fight Sweepers, you can skip all of the interior quest and just go to the area where Sweepers are.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Morndae wrote:
Hi,

I have completed all the major quests for Krokotopia, but find that I forgot a couple of beetles, one of which is in the Emporer's Retreat. It's an instanced area and, when I went back to try and find the beetle, it wants me to re-run the interior quest. Is this right?

TIA
Hunter Darkstalker

When you enter the area, the quests will automatically show up in your quest log. If you leave the area before you finish the quests again, they will just disappear from your quest log. In instanced areas, you only need to complete enough to get where the item is. For instance, in Emperor's Retreat, all you have to complete is enough to get the door to the frozen lake open. Then go find the beetle and teleport out (unless you WANT to finish the instance).

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
Morndae wrote:
Hi,

TIA
Hunter Darkstalker

Yes. Since you already did it you don't really have to do the quest again. Just skip they guy you have to talk to. For instance, like in the Vault of Ice there is a guy you have to talk to. skip him and find the beetle.
Hope this helps!
Good Luck!

Destiny MistGem
Ice lvl 33

Destiny MistFist
Storm lvl 6