Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, you need to fix pvp, it IS ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I got back to rank pvp after a few months not playing. I have several warlord wizards since ever so I am saying this from an experienced pvper standpoint.

Yesterday, I played rank on my ice and if you ever save replays of matches, it will be good for you to take a look at my account and watch my match. To see how ridiculous pvp has become. Having killed the same opponent COUNTLESS of times just for her to come back to life with guardian spirit at 1400 health is not right. That spell is dragging matches for hours! At one point, I considered fleeing the battle since I do not want to be in pvp for hours (i think 3-4, i heard some ppl have to stay for 10+ hours). It is very clear that I am the winner of the match because I've killed her many many times in that match.

Don't even asked me to use doom because I did and run out of it because she change the bubble too. I tried spamming infect - it worked until she dies then she comes back to death with 1400 health. Can't stack blades, she uses earthquake and pet has may cast disarm. See, once she dies, she reshuffles very quick after using satyr to get another guardian spirit. 1400 health is not a joke - it takes several pip to kill that health (in my case if I wanna one shot it - which is impossible - i need an ice blade, ice elemental, and an ice bubble with colossal mammoth , that takes time which I don't have because of satyr only costing 2 pips.) And if i miss a turn or 2, there goes satyr for another 1800 health. Even with infect, that is additional 900 health! How fun is that.

There is clearly something wrong when one pvp will take at least 3 hours to finish. And when the only way to finish it fast is to have doom and gloom. Infection is already useless these days - everyone can heal through it.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
pucci1 wrote:
I got back to rank pvp after a few months not playing. I have several warlord wizards since ever so I am saying this from an experienced pvper standpoint.

Yesterday, I played rank on my ice and if you ever save replays of matches, it will be good for you to take a look at my account and watch my match. To see how ridiculous pvp has become. Having killed the same opponent COUNTLESS of times just for her to come back to life with guardian spirit at 1400 health is not right. That spell is dragging matches for hours! At one point, I considered fleeing the battle since I do not want to be in pvp for hours (i think 3-4, i heard some ppl have to stay for 10+ hours). It is very clear that I am the winner of the match because I've killed her many many times in that match.

Don't even asked me to use doom because I did and run out of it because she change the bubble too. I tried spamming infect - it worked until she dies then she comes back to death with 1400 health. Can't stack blades, she uses earthquake and pet has may cast disarm. See, once she dies, she reshuffles very quick after using satyr to get another guardian spirit. 1400 health is not a joke - it takes several pip to kill that health (in my case if I wanna one shot it - which is impossible - i need an ice blade, ice elemental, and an ice bubble with colossal mammoth , that takes time which I don't have because of satyr only costing 2 pips.) And if i miss a turn or 2, there goes satyr for another 1800 health. Even with infect, that is additional 900 health! How fun is that.

There is clearly something wrong when one pvp will take at least 3 hours to finish. And when the only way to finish it fast is to have doom and gloom. Infection is already useless these days - everyone can heal through it.

Ah yes, the old turtle rears it's ugly face. Just imagine how hard it was to k.o. Life turltes before GS was reduced from 25% to 15%. On my Life Warlord I tried that once against an Ice (well more of a hybrid where I tried to hit as well). That match lasted maybe 2-3 hours, finally ending when she gave up and I gnome'd her. Imo ki should just change it altogether and give Life a damage X pip spell or at the very least a low pip aoe, or maybe somthing tricky like Mana Burn or Nova so that we get something useful yet stops some of the turtle crawling around the Spiral. The best way to deal with a turtle with GS at the center of his/her strategy is to throw up Doom, attack it while using the least amount of pips that will garentee the kill, and then use a low pip spell (in your Ice's case an enchanted blizzard, frostbite, serpent ect.) before it can heal.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Mana cost would be a good solution to this problem given not everyone has the same attack power and we all must take different routes with the stats given to us in order to deal heavy damage blow by blow. Mana cost is a good limit for this and may help defeat any possible turtle exploits, (forgive me for calling it an exploit fellow posters)

If you did manage to defeat your opponent more than once in this match, you did deserve something for it. But I do have some questions/suggestions:

Your opponent had earthquake you say and would spam it when you tried to build and hit for the second/third kill yes? I must ask though, why couldn't you after noticing a pattern, keep your pips up to immediately counter guardian spirit with a follow up big strike on the enemy? If you could have led your opponent into using satyr instead of guardian spirit, that opponent would have to build up power pips again, and in that time you could have been stacking blades for a big hit. There must have been a way you could have countered the life wizard here.

You said that earthquake was used, but that costs six pips. there was a choice to be made, either earth you or use Guardian Spirit.

Now of course turn advantage is an issue here too, but what if you were to lead the opponent into using earth? the pips are used up, but you could have just bladed on the same turn/turn right after then hit before guardian spirit/earth could have been used, no? Try to lead this type of player into the direction you want them to go. infections would help with the annoying satyrs, yes. You definitely shouldn't be penalized for your efforts, and you can't be penalized for not knowing to carry any myth/life dispels. But hey, now you know. Try to lead the life away from guardian spirit. Either make them earth you by teasing with only one blade. colossal your spells, put up infalllible instead and just ignore that earth is hitting you and strike. The enchant and infallible alone should be enough to bring the pain, at least to make the enemy feel threatened. If you see a pattern, find a way to break it!

But anyway, yes, this type of post is sort of why I suggested mana cost in Arena.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Mana cost would be a good solution to this problem given not everyone has the same attack power and we all must take different routes with the stats given to us in order to deal heavy damage blow by blow. Mana cost is a good limit for this and may help defeat any possible turtle exploits, (forgive me for calling it an exploit fellow posters)

If you did manage to defeat your opponent more than once in this match, you did deserve something for it. But I do have some questions/suggestions:

Your opponent had earthquake you say and would spam it when you tried to build and hit for the second/third kill yes? I must ask though, why couldn't you after noticing a pattern, keep your pips up to immediately counter guardian spirit with a follow up big strike on the enemy? If you could have led your opponent into using satyr instead of guardian spirit, that opponent would have to build up power pips again, and in that time you could have been stacking blades for a big hit. There must have been a way you could have countered the life wizard here.

You said that earthquake was used, but that costs six pips. there was a choice to be made, either earth you or use Guardian Spirit.

Now of course turn advantage is an issue here too, but what if you were to lead the opponent into using earth? the pips are used up, but you could have just bladed on the same turn/turn right after then hit before guardian spirit/earth could have been used, no? Try to lead this type of player into the direction you want them to go. infections would help with the annoying satyrs, yes. You definitely shouldn't be penalized for your efforts, and you can't be penalized for not knowing to carry any myth/life dispels. But hey, now you know. Try to lead the life away from guardian spirit. Either make them earth you by teasing with only one blade. colossal your spells, put up infalllible instead and just ignore that earth is hitting you and strike. The enchant and infallible alone should be enough to bring the pain, at least to make the enemy feel threatened. If you see a pattern, find a way to break it!

But anyway, yes, this type of post is sort of why I suggested mana cost in Arena.

I think you are missing his point ice doesn't have high damage so he needs those blades to do a killing blow. Plus don't think the life is stupid just because she uses a simple annoying plan. I know turtling is a pain and I hate it but it is still a plan. What I find annoying about gs is only doom is really affective and if this life just uses this plan then they have a bubble to counter doom. GS requires certain cards to beat and most pvp ers won't carry them all. I don't do 1v1 for many reasons and that is one of them.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
\\

Just to be clear, I killed the opponent at the end and finish the match but it was not a good game for me.

She uses earthquake only when I have a minion up or 2 blades up.
Her priority is satyr more than earth. She would not let her health down to 1500 unless guardian spirit is up already. I have no problem killing her in a normal way. My problem is killing her IMMEDIATELY after guardian spirit revives her. I need to kill her in 2 turns before she satyrs after being revived or do whatever tanking she can until she shuffle for guardian. Killing immediately (2 turns) after being revived is impossible - with that much health. Even if I, let's say, have life dispel, for that to work, I need to spam it...but spamming it means that I have no pips to attack. And don't forget, people knows how to shield.

I always use enchanted attacks. Mind you I can barely blade because of earth and that may cast disarm pet. Even with infallible, bubble, one blade, I need 9 pips for attack to finish that health off before she heals. There is no way I can have enough pips for back to back death for her.

Sure you can kill someone with guardian spirit eventually - meaning after more than 3 hours. Now my experience is against a myth (which is an offensive school), just imagine if it is a life or another ice who can tank even better than that. But really is that what pvp is all about now - a test of patience?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
pucci1 wrote:
CorbinW wrote:
\\

Just to be clear, I killed the opponent at the end and finish the match but it was not a good game for me.

She uses earthquake only when I have a minion up or 2 blades up.
Her priority is satyr more than earth. She would not let her health down to 1500 unless guardian spirit is up already. I have no problem killing her in a normal way. My problem is killing her IMMEDIATELY after guardian spirit revives her. I need to kill her in 2 turns before she satyrs after being revived or do whatever tanking she can until she shuffle for guardian. Killing immediately (2 turns) after being revived is impossible - with that much health. Even if I, let's say, have life dispel, for that to work, I need to spam it...but spamming it means that I have no pips to attack. And don't forget, people knows how to shield.

I always use enchanted attacks. Mind you I can barely blade because of earth and that may cast disarm pet. Even with infallible, bubble, one blade, I need 9 pips for attack to finish that health off before she heals. There is no way I can have enough pips for back to back death for her.

Sure you can kill someone with guardian spirit eventually - meaning after more than 3 hours. Now my experience is against a myth (which is an offensive school), just imagine if it is a life or another ice who can tank even better than that. But really is that what pvp is all about now - a test of patience?

Sometimes it comes down to that. You did overcome the challenge, you should be more happy than you are frustrated.

But try colossal on colossus. Less pip cost and instead of ice blade, an elemental blade will protect you from disarm since the pet will have to go through fire and storm blades first.

Congrats, you won it.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I agree with you 100%. But I have a suggestion for Guardian Spirit. They should ban that from PVP, and take it out of the Hoard of the Hydra pack's wand. In fact, with the Hoard of the Hydra pack with cards from lvl 70-80 in the gear, lower lvl PVP is insane.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

I think you are missing his point ice doesn't have high damage so he needs those blades to do a killing blow. Plus don't think the life is stupid just because she uses a simple annoying plan. I know turtling is a pain and I hate it but it is still a plan. What I find annoying about gs is only doom is really affective and if this life just uses this plan then they have a bubble to counter doom. GS requires certain cards to beat and most pvp ers won't carry them all. I don't do 1v1 for many reasons and that is one of them.

Everyone why dont we just all feel sorry that ice does not have enough damage that they want. Ice should not get ANY damage boosts and wouldnt if it were up to me. Why on earth should we feel sorry that ice doesnt have enough of one stat where they are literally immune to not one, but 2 schools if they want to be. Other than that i agree with snowy.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
PvP is ruined don't take it so seriously rank doesnt mean much anymore :P
!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
Me and my friends pvp, die but don't flee, get disconnected due to inactivity. Than have to wait 5 minutes, to join next match. Plus we never get to say good game, or ty, haf fun. We look like we angry, we died. But its because we got kicked, please please fix it.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
yes it should i suggest that only tree or four GS per game.also not to have it
as a treasure card.In a 2v2 me and my friend were battleling a ice then
she spams GS which was really annoying cause of her health and defense

ARCHMAGE pyromancer
Jeremy Darksmith