Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting caught in a battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I'm getting a little annoyed by the fact that I'll be trying to walk and get to a certain destination, when I get pulled into a battle. The thing is, I'm about 10 feet away from the enemy when I get pulled into battle.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mimibobini wrote:
I'm getting a little annoyed by the fact that I'll be trying to walk and get to a certain destination, when I get pulled into a battle. The thing is, I'm about 10 feet away from the enemy when I get pulled into battle.

A little more information would be helpful. What world are you in? Are you sure you're in a 'safe' zone? Have you tried slowing down and watching how the mobs move? We can't really help without details.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mimibobini wrote:

If you're in Marleybone or Mooshu, get used to it~ the sidewalks there are horrible~ the enemies walk on them as well, so getting dragged into random fights is an everyday thing (unfortunately).

If you're anywhere else, I agree with RavenLady that you should pay attention to how the mobs move~ it'll keep you from getting stuck in traffic, so to speak.

Also, keep an eye on your surroundings... are there other players fighting nearby? If so, it's quite possible that you're not getting out of the way fast enough and the enemies are respawning on top of you. It's annoying as heck, but can be avoided.

Any info you can give us would be just spiffy. ;)

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I'm normally in Marleybone when it happens. It's just really annoying. :?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mimibobini wrote:
I'm normally in Marleybone when it happens. It's just really annoying. :?

Ah, thank you!
Marleybone is easy to navigate but you have to take your time. There is no rushing through any area there. You have to wait, and watch. The mobs move in cycles. Watch. Then go when the opportunity is given.
I rarely get snagged anymore.
And you will need the patience that Marleybone teaches you later on...trust me on that! :)

Defender
May 19, 2012
The one place I find this to be extremely annoying is in Crab Alley, after you go through the crevice and get to where the eels are. You can go as close to the wall as you possibly can get, and still get sucked into battle. Even if someone is battling eels in that first ring, if there is room in that ring for one more person, you will get sucked in...there just seems to be no avoiding it.

Mooshu is bad for this, but if you are careful, you can at least avoid it there. Honestly though, from my experience in playing other mmo's, you usually can't get from point a to point b without fighting some mobs, so other than this Crab Alley issue, it doesn't really bother me that much. Most places, if I get sucked into battle, it's just because I was being too careless.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fiziali wrote:
The one place I find this to be extremely annoying is in Crab Alley, after you go through the crevice and get to where the eels are. You can go as close to the wall as you possibly can get, and still get sucked into battle. Even if someone is battling eels in that first ring, if there is room in that ring for one more person, you will get sucked in...there just seems to be no avoiding it.

Mooshu is bad for this, but if you are careful, you can at least avoid it there. Honestly though, from my experience in playing other mmo's, you usually can't get from point a to point b without fighting some mobs, so other than this Crab Alley issue, it doesn't really bother me that much. Most places, if I get sucked into battle, it's just because I was being too careless.

You can avoid getting sucked in by the eels in the same way I explained about(in Marleybone) taking your time and watching the movements of those eels. I think I got pulled in once.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Stay far away from the golems in Marleybone. Other people have said it and I will say it too. Those things have some serious personal space issues.