Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eel Cave Obelisk no-go

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Could someone shed some light for me on the Eel Cave Obelisks?

I have been in there every day this week and every single day, in various realms (I switched realms on at least 3 of those days) the Moon Obelisk lights and then switches off 10 seconds later.

Further, if I mark the spot and leave for even 2 min, to go back to the oasis for mana or health, the instance closes instantly.

There is literally no way to get the Portal Stone if the Obelisk wont stay lit.

Suggetions please? Is this a glitch? Should I be writing frantic messages to tech support and be having a panic attack right now ? (lol)

I mean, I did a search of this on the message board and I found a locked thread from last february which complains of this exact problem so that leads me to believe its a glitch.

Is there something I should know? Also, I looked it up on the Wiki page and no mention is made of a "secret message" that would indicate any order to the Obelisks, or that this is implict in the normal function of the dungeon.

Its a glitch, right? Could some experianced wizards weigh in on this so I know for sure? Thanks

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho I have gone in there and did this solo with no fighting - getting rid of the 4 eels is less stress, that said = you must light the obelisks in the order of how they are to the left when you enter the cave, you will see a row of lite ones there, unless you light the not lite ones in the proper order they go out and will not open the bars.

Be warned if you do try to sans the eel fight they do pretty much go in and around most of that cave so you have to wait for just the right time to leave off the door area. The first time I went in there I had to give up till someone who knew it told me the scoop.