Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secondary school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Hi, I'm a lvl 20 atm and death is my main school, i haven't picked a secondary one yet. I want to pick one that is good for pvp. also is death a good pvp school, any suggestions?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Death is a pretty good school, I would choose eather ice or life for PvP as a secondary.

--Patrick SilverHead
--Level 45

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
Personally, I think you should choose storm for a secondary school. Death can heal by stealing health, and their draining spells are weak. With storm, the attacks are so strong you don't even need power pips. Also in the future, I believe death students will get many spells that improve attack damage. You will absolutely inflict a LOT of damage on your opponent. :-)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
if your a death wizard (which is a great school) my suggestion would be that you pick ice instead of life because with death you can attack and heal at the same time and ice has some decent attacks.

i think my best choice was with fire instead of ice because fire attacks are stronger than ice and youll get the job done quicker.but fire has less accuracy than ice does so either have strong attacks mid accuracy with fire or mid attacks with high accuracy for ice.

thats just my oppinion but do whatever you feel like doing.

Aaron DeathStalker lv. 23 adept pyromancer/life
Aaron DeathStalker lv.8 (dont know) myth/death

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am sorry but I don't understand secondary schools (I am newer to this lol) could someone explain it to me? Thanks

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
I love death. I sort of wish I chose it as my first school. anyway. I would choose fire or storm as my secondary school.I would not choose life because you can already heal yourself. Storm and fire are both very powerful and therefor you can heal and do strong moves. :-)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Ice spell damage is low end but the defensive shields are often useful. Most of the time when I beat death types it's because of their total lack of defense. But I wouldn't learn ice past Tower Shield.

But here's another possibility for you. Instead of Fire or Thunder learn Myth and go to the balance tree and learn death-myth-life trap and death-myth-life blade. They'll be good for uping the damage of both your myth and your death spells. You'll get double the bang from both spells when you cast them.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
My primary character is Deah/Life. it is a good combination in that it is very difficult to kill. There is though some overlap in their spells. for instance the death area spell negates healing wich is the core of yourlife side.

Also they overlap a bit to much on shields. The combination works great against myth but the lack of elemental shielding will hurt you long term.

If I had it to do over again I might choose Balance as a secondary school.

Balance actually makes a great secondary school for every class. They get area effect spells faster than anyone and get shields vs all schools. Plus only ice can block their spells.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i am primarily ice/death so i think ice is a good second class for death since it's helped me for a long time (cept in marlybone where you might need some friends =P)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Hello I am level 46 death and have had ice as a secondary school since level 1 and i completely hate it. (Dont mean to offend anyone) Thank goodness my birthday is coming up and im getting one of those ninja pig cards :)

just to let you know i plan to change secondary from ice to storm and third school would be life.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
anavorin wrote:
Hi, I'm a lvl 20 atm and death is my main school, i haven't picked a secondary one yet. I want to pick one that is good for pvp. also is death a good pvp school, any suggestions?
hi my name is jonathon storm gem here are the two schools i am going to suggest that you get one storm because it has the best power out of all of them( no offince) or life because you can heal yourself whenever pretty much thats the two i chose i hope this helped you decide :-D

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
I'm using storm as a secondary on my death wizard, and except for the fizzle rates it's a great combination. Balance would also be a good secondary, except their damage spells are pretty weak at higher levels.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
if i were you i'd go with balance because if the great power ups to boost your attacks. if you power up for your ghoul or vampire you'll heal more health so you dont need storm or life.

matthew spiritblade
lv. 23 adept myth/life

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
If your purpose is to do pvp later on, i will choose ice up to at least tower shield. Tower shield is the only shield against judgement, the balance most powerful attack. Sure you can buy tower shields but as you play more and more , you will end up using up all your golds to buy tower shields (then you do farming). You can use the rest of the training points either on a life or some other spells like reshuffle, balance blades, death infection. etc.

I end up reclaiming all my training points on all my wiz so i can get ice tower shields.

Grandmasters - Storm, Balance, Death, Life
Adept - Myth

Survivor
May 06, 2009
khorne wrote:
I am sorry but I don't understand secondary schools (I am newer to this lol) could someone explain it to me? Thanks

Secondary schools are just schools you invest your training points in ( you get a training point every 4 levels). :)

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hi knorme. Notice that no one replied yet to your question. I am new to game also and am no expert so I hope i am giving you the right answer. I think the secondary school is the school you choice to use your earned training pionts. Whne you earn a training piont it will tell you. Check your book under your stats and it will have how many pionts you have. Pick a school other then your school and talk to professor. You will have to start with the first spell and work your way up everytime you earn training piont.

Hope that helped

Savannah Raincloud

Survivor
May 31, 2009
khorne wrote:

Secondary schools are the schools you also want to be in. For example i am fire and i also want to be life so i chose life as my secondary school. you can get cards by getting training points and you get those by doing some specific quests or by leveling up and getting free cards in your main school.

-Luke Strongpants- master pyromancer lvl 41