Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I now know why I dislike 1v1 so much.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
So the titles says it all. I don't hate pvp because it has a first turn advantage, or ridiculous criticals and blocks, or pets that spam spritely but rather the mastery amulets. (Sarcasm)

Today I was just playing pvp in practice, because ranked is a pain, and I was up against an ice so as I fought him I got more and more tired of the match. My first few turns I did some bladeing and threw a shield then threw an infection on him. Then his pet casted spritely so I put up another infection then he healed and healed and healed. -.- I don't hate healing I believe it is part of the system and is important. (Note in the match I healed about 3 times one was an actual heal spell the other two were weak drains) What I am finding is the only two things that really make healing ineffective are treasure doom and gloom and life dispels. The dispels get burned up by the pet so its not really worth it unless you spam them. Infections now don't pack as much of a punch as they use to people have a much higher healing rate making it harder to suppress them. Personally I don't like doom and gloom too much since it traps you also. (btw I am death) Even death gets trapped our drains won't heal us a large sum and if we face a high hitting wizard then we are going to die fast.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think its time for a stronger infection, or get rid of mastery amulets. I am able to play without them personally I would find it easier to fight people with out them. Although that wouldn't be a popular decision so really stronger infection seems to be the only way.

If any of you have a better solutions just state it.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
So the titles says it all. I don't hate pvp because it has a first turn advantage, or ridiculous criticals and blocks, or pets that spam spritely but rather the mastery amulets. (Sarcasm)

Why do you hate the mastery amulets? They are part of the game. People like storm need a side school and a mastery amulet at higher levels to even do damage against ice. Because ice can be absolutly immune to storm and fire. Mastery amulets are and always will be a part of this game like it or not. Why should i get an item i payed 10000 crowns for back for free?

Then his pet casted spritely so I put up another infection then he healed and healed and healed. -.- I don't hate healing I believe it is part of the system and is important

Nobody is forcing you to use infection on him.

What I am finding is the only two things that really make healing ineffective are treasure doom and gloom and life dispels.

No not really. Balance wizards avaling hands. Storm wizards healing current. Life dispels arent enough anymore, so you will have to go with doom and gloom.

The dispels get burned up by the pet so its not really worth it unless you spam them

Every person has a right to have a pet that knows any move. 90% of the people that PvP competetivley have a pet that casts spritely and or unicorn. Deal with it and stop complaining.

Infections now don't pack as much of a punch as they use to people have a much higher healing rate making it harder to suppress them.

It surpresses them enough. It at least takes away something. would you rather have a 1500 heal satyr or a 750 heal satyr? I think i will still take the 750 and come back with a strong attack next turn.

Personally I don't like doom and gloom too much since it traps you also.

This is the risk you take when you summon doom and gloom. You have to think to yourself, can i really outlast this person if they cant heal or healing was to be majorly ineffective on both sides? Doom and gloom is a risky spell, you have to realize that before you cast it, and also understand that the particular person may have sanctuary in their deck. If they go first then you could really be hurting yourself by using doom and gloom. Dont come here and complain that it isn't good enough because it takes from your healing too. It does that for me and everyone else in the game too...

I guess what I am trying to say is I think its time for a stronger infection, or get rid of mastery amulets

What??? The mastery amulets are NOT the problem. It is you, and how you CHOSE to counter them. Dont complain on here about how the mastery amulets are all bad because you dont have an efficent way to counter them. If they were to make a stronger infection then it would have to be an aoe for 3 pips or so, because they wouldnt just make the same spell but stronger for the same amount of pips.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
thejordanator wrote:

Why do you hate the mastery amulets? They are part of the game. People like storm need a side school and a mastery amulet at higher levels to even do damage against ice. Because ice can be absolutly immune to storm and fire. Mastery amulets are and always will be a part of this game like it or not. Why should i get an item i payed 10000 crowns for back for free?

Then his pet casted spritely so I put up another infection then he healed and healed and healed. -.- I don't hate healing I believe it is part of the system and is important

What I am finding is the only two things that really make healing ineffective are treasure doom and gloom and life dispels.

No not really. Balance wizards avaling hands. Storm wizards healing current. Life dispels arent enough anymore, so you will have to go with doom and gloom.

The dispels get burned up by the pet so its not really worth it unless you spam them

Every person has a right to have a pet that knows any move. 90% of the people that PvP competetivley have a pet that casts spritely and or unicorn. Deal with it and stop complaining.

Infections now don't pack as much of a punch as they use to people have a much higher healing rate making it harder to suppress them.

It surpresses them enough. It at least takes away something. would you rather have a 1500 heal satyr or a 750 heal satyr? I think i will still take the 750 and come back with a strong attack next turn.

This is the risk you take when you summon doom and gloom. You have to think to yourself, can i really outlast this person if they cant heal or healing was to be majorly ineffective on both sides? Doom and gloom is a risky spell, you have to realize that before you cast it, and also understand that the particular person may have sanctuary in their deck. If they go first then you could really be hurting yourself by using doom and gloom. Dont come here and complain that it isn't good enough because it takes from your healing too. It does that for me and everyone else in the game too...

I guess what I am trying to say is I think its time for a stronger infection, or get rid of mastery amulets

What??? The mastery amulets are NOT the problem. It is you, and how you CHOSE to counter them. Dont complain on here about how the mastery amulets are all bad because you dont have an efficent way to counter them. If they were to make a stronger infection then it would have to be an aoe for 3 pips or so, because they wouldnt just make the same spell but stronger for the same amount of pips.

I am not saying take the mastery amulets out I personally don't like them. I find it better when each school sticks with their spells. Oh btw even without a mastery amulet you can still use a life spell. -.- Your comments are completely useless to me I asked for advice or ideas not criticism. Also another thing I have the option of using a pet that casts spritely I am well aware. It's not like I am below others.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Hmm.. I have to somewhat agree with you. Though I don't think KI will get rid of mastery amulets since people paid real money to get it. They will get sued on that. Lol.

I used to love 1v1 so much. I am a pvper. I quest to be able to pvp. Everything I do in game is to pvp. But since pvp is so broken these days, I continually ask myself if it is worth playing. I have a love/hate relationship with wizard101 and it is sad that nowadays it is leaning to always being on the latter side. And because pvp is so broken, I tend to now go to another game to pvp... just like my friends in wizard did. If you can't deal with it, move on.

Mastery amulets are great for pve. Unfortunately it is very much needed in pvp too so as to deal with other imbalances that there is now. Ex. Myth/death amulet is very much needed for those blade stacking people where stacking weakness won't help you survive because they can wand or cleanse them. Life amulet is needed to survive the full bladed 3K hit or 1000+ a turn dot that you have with you (unless you have triage every time).

Pvp needs a restructuring if it even has a chance at balance now, imo. I would be all for pvp and pve being separated (meaning KI can give all the op PVE spells they want but it will not carry on to pvp). But unless KI is willing to spend money to make this happen, this will be just a dream.

1v1 is a pain... more than a pain nowadays. Team pvp is a little better option because you're weakness as a wizard can be offset by the help of your team.
Only thing is rank arena is so dead right now (compared to before). At some point, I can only see 7 (sometimes less) total dueling people. When rank arena is so dead, there must be a problem.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
We don't need any 'solutions' because infection is just fine the way that it is. If just spamming infect isn't working then try to use it right before they heal, the same for doom as well. Anything beyond -50% and it would be way op for a 0 pip move. You just have to get over it.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
pucci1 wrote:
Hmm.. I have to somewhat agree with you. Though I don't think KI will get rid of mastery amulets since people paid real money to get it. They will get sued on that. Lol.

I used to love 1v1 so much. I am a pvper. I quest to be able to pvp. Everything I do in game is to pvp. But since pvp is so broken these days, I continually ask myself if it is worth playing. I have a love/hate relationship with wizard101 and it is sad that nowadays it is leaning to always being on the latter side. And because pvp is so broken, I tend to now go to another game to pvp... just like my friends in wizard did. If you can't deal with it, move on.

Mastery amulets are great for pve. Unfortunately it is very much needed in pvp too so as to deal with other imbalances that there is now. Ex. Myth/death amulet is very much needed for those blade stacking people where stacking weakness won't help you survive because they can wand or cleanse them. Life amulet is needed to survive the full bladed 3K hit or 1000+ a turn dot that you have with you (unless you have triage every time).

Pvp needs a restructuring if it even has a chance at balance now, imo. I would be all for pvp and pve being separated (meaning KI can give all the op PVE spells they want but it will not carry on to pvp). But unless KI is willing to spend money to make this happen, this will be just a dream.

1v1 is a pain... more than a pain nowadays. Team pvp is a little better option because you're weakness as a wizard can be offset by the help of your team.
Only thing is rank arena is so dead right now (compared to before). At some point, I can only see 7 (sometimes less) total dueling people. When rank arena is so dead, there must be a problem.

Yea totally agree with you. I just really stick with 2v2 that's really the only enjoyable thing now since I have a partner we can cover each others weaknesses.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
We don't need any 'solutions' because infection is just fine the way that it is. If just spamming infect isn't working then try to use it right before they heal, the same for doom as well. Anything beyond -50% and it would be way op for a 0 pip move. You just have to get over it.

Do you pvp at all? And second question if the first is yes do you pvp as a death?

Death doesn't have high hitting spells and I am ok with that. Death is ment to kill their enemy slowly and use drains to keep their health up. The problem is infections won't cut it if you have someone with a high healing boosts and with a doom up it only works if your enemy is in a killing range because even death can't survive in doom for a long time.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

Do you pvp at all? And second question if the first is yes do you pvp as a death?

Death doesn't have high hitting spells and I am ok with that. Death is ment to kill their enemy slowly and use drains to keep their health up. The problem is infections won't cut it if you have someone with a high healing boosts and with a doom up it only works if your enemy is in a killing range because even death can't survive in doom for a long time.

1). Nah I just like wandering into the PvP forums and commenting and whining about how this game isn't perfect in every respect. (Sarcasm)
2). When did this ever become about death as a school? I thought we were discussing the widely accessed and used spell 'infection'. Idk what you've got against the greatest bubble known to wizards but death certainly isn't negatively affected by it.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
thejordanator wrote:

I am not saying take the mastery amulets out I personally don't like them. I find it better when each school sticks with their spells. Oh btw even without a mastery amulet you can still use a life spell. -.- Your comments are completely useless to me I asked for advice or ideas not criticism. Also another thing I have the option of using a pet that casts spritely I am well aware. It's not like I am below others.

So you want side schools and the ability to effectivly do things that are of other schools away from your school and everyone else's school? Why on earth would Kingsisle do that? Your saying you want mastery amulets taken away from everything, just because you don't know how to stop them? They serve a purpose in PvE too. So no...

You got criticism and will continue to get it because you don't listen to people that dont like your idea or don't wanna give ideas and in fact dont think its a good idea. Why would it be? Why would PvE(and some PvP to be fair) players just sit back and let your idea to get rid of the idea of effectivly doing things of other schools away? Think about it like this, if an ice tower shields with complete immunity to fire and storm, then if they were to use a fire or storm spell, that person literally could not do one damage to that ice. Now they could have used a convert. Maybe it didnt show up before the ice's tower. They could have pierced, but they needed to pierce 51% to do 1% damage to that ice. They could have used mastery amulet of side school. Bingo, that is your only realistic shot of doing any damage, because if you tried to pierce that much, the ice would have killed you by then.

If you have a pet that can use spritely and you are complaining that others do, then why dont you use yours? They wont be able to effectivly dispel and or reduce your healing either. This may, or may not be a good idea depending on who you are facing. Apparently it is the end of the world for death wizards, however if you were facing a storm that has a "kill you before you kill me" strategy, this is not good.

There is no current way to completely immobilize one from healing, of any school really.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
I agree with you, I've learned to actually count on people healing cause I have the power in my attacks to either do the damge they healed or more and be able to finish for the win.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
And for death school not too many people know that you really have to varietize your plan of attack cause for one, Once you get someone in that range to where they need healing You have to take that time to start trying to prevent it if anything weaken it. So what I do for high heal boost people I learn to try and let them pummel me so that way I can use shatter (myth matery helps in a way too) dr von, and then doom and gloom so that way I know they really cant heal for much. Plus dr von affect for the heal cut along with an infection plus doom and gloom they will be the ones in a tough spot and not you. From there you pretty much can just vampire or poison your way to victory. Plus removing the mastery amulets will definitely be the last thing they do and A power up infection is no better than a normal cause you might be wasting a pip or 2 anyway. Hope this helps :)