Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The chance of getting Amber from the harvest of White Tiger Lily, Deadly Ninja Fig, King Parsley, Red Bell Pepper and Red Huckleberries has been slightly increased, and White Tiger Lily still has the best chance of rewarding you with Amber on Elder Harvest.

A new transmutation recipe is available from Shane MacGobhann in Avalon.

Amber Dust and another mystery reagent are available from bosses like the Pendragon, Morganthe and Starburst Spider as well as bosses in Waterworks and Briskbreeze towers.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
We Love You Professor! Just wondering if there is going to be some sort of extra chance for the drop for some bosses?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
.......and Briskbreeze towers.

Wow, that was unexpected. Quite possibly a farmable dungeon again.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I have looked at the recipe and I am not amused, Professor. We went from having to garden for rare drops of it to having to farm the hardest dungeons in the spiral for a chance to get TWO of the reagents for the transmute. Even if the bosses dropped one of each reagent with every run, that's 5 runs for one Amber, plus the other ingredients and I seriously doubt the drop rate will be that good. So I guess if you have a group of people that you can constantly farm these dungeons with and the extra hours it takes to do them, you are all set.

I do understand that recipes for crowns items should be difficult. I get that, but the spells (death, storm, ice) are NOT crowns items. Why do these recipes require Amber?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Dear Proferssor Greyrose,

You said the transmute recipe would make us smile....I am not smiling sweetheart!

Sincerely,
"Liz" Dreamweaver, Dreamcatcher, Dreambringer, Dreamfinder, Dreamrider and Dreambreaker

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I love the transmute Amber recipe! I never expected beard hair! Indeed I am amused, it is so silly yet typical of what you would see in a spell (eye of newt, etc). Well done, and thank you so much both for making a transmute possible and having the recipe cost reasonable. Can't wait for this to go live!

I am also very happy to see the level of difficulty to obtain the required reagents. I believe in hard work for spells, just not impossible. 8)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
This one totally floored me, not in a good way either. My crafting days are over. I have enough stress in real life. I don't need the game I play to RELAX heaping more stress on me. Some how I think the game designers have forgotten the game is supposed to be FUN and ENTERTAINING not a second, third and fourth job.

I an not amused. I am dismayed and angry.

Megan

Hero
May 27, 2009
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
momsgametime wrote:
I have looked at the recipe and I am not amused, Professor. We went from having to garden for rare drops of it to having to farm the hardest dungeons in the spiral for a chance to get TWO of the reagents for the transmute. Even if the bosses dropped one of each reagent with every run, that's 5 runs for one Amber, plus the other ingredients and I seriously doubt the drop rate will be that good. So I guess if you have a group of people that you can constantly farm these dungeons with and the extra hours it takes to do them, you are all set.

I do understand that recipes for crowns items should be difficult. I get that, but the spells (death, storm, ice) are NOT crowns items. Why do these recipes require Amber?

What dungeon drops the ingredients?
It's test, so its not a spoiler

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Well, now that is a disappointing recipe. I finally got the 50 sunstones I need for the Deer Knight spell. Now, if I use the transmute amber recipe I will need 174 sunstones just to get the 12 amber and then get another 50 to craft the Deer Knight spell. I think I'll stick to gardening.

Thanks anyway. :?
Iridian Willowglen
Transcendent (78) Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
ginelle says, Please let a boss drop the spell like you did for balance, life and myth. So we can farm for them also. Please consider making the white tiger lily a crown shop plant.. like evil pea pods and deadly helephant ears.
For a spell of this size, any death, storm or ice I do not see why it warrants
such a huge quanity of sunstone. These are not the best spells in the game.
Why have it be so difficult that people will not be able to make it. I figured
it will take over 500 sunstone just for the amber for the three spells. If i were to craft it.
Really? does it have to be that hard?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Could someone tell me what the transmute recipe is for Amber? I don't have access to Avalon yet, but I would like to know.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
still VERY hard to get. If the boss drops are almost sure things, It MIGHT be worth doing, but we're talking hundreds of fights. Yikes.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008

Well this Amber transmute is a joke!

Hair from Merle's beard- 5

Amber dust- 5

Sunstones- 15

Golden pearls- 10

It takes all that to make one Amber. The Deer Knight spell needs 50 sunstones to make it. Now we need sunstones to make amber! It has taken me 2 months just to get the 50 sunstones for the spell it self and now I have to have 15 sunstones to make one amber! If thats not bad enough then we get to spend hours and hours farming for two other reagents that are in the worst dungeons in the game for a chance at winning one of them! This is the worst transmute I have ever seen.

You need to lose the hair, amber dust,and sunstones and try again.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
What is the reason to make a transmutation spell for a reagent that is ridiculously hard to get using new dropped reagents that are ridiculously hard to get? The games can be bought for crowns. It should not be impossible to craft for players without crowns. :?

Defender
May 29, 2011
You guys asked for a transmute, you got a transmute. Did you expect it to be hard? You shouldn't have. You should have expected it to be ridiculously hard. These are actual spells you get forever, or an actual game you can play at your house. There gonna be extremley hard, and I think its intended to be. I'm currently crafting the ninja pig spell, and I think sooner or later i'll craft it. I do those hard core dungeons a lot anyway. You cant expect everything in this game to be easy.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
BJKOI wrote:
What is the reason to make a transmutation spell for a reagent that is ridiculously hard to get using new dropped reagents that are ridiculously hard to get? The games can be bought for crowns. It should not be impossible to craft for players without crowns. :?

Where in the world does one get a "Hair of Merle's Beard", WOW KI this is way to crazy to get. If you would like to leave this at this amounts for crafting one Amber then reduce the number of Ambers need, even to half would still be really difficult. My little boys do not have the time to play and do this. With these amounts they will need to play for years to get there. I know KI is like having loyal players but this might backfire and get people to stop playing.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
This transmute spell is just really, really awful. I'm sorry, but it is.

You give us an exceedingly rare reagent that we can only get from rare chance elder harvests from even more rare dropped plants that we have to fight over in the bazaar because farming for them is a massive waste of time with little output... what?!

And now if we want to try and transmute it, we have to farm for ages for some even more exceedingly rare reagents and use up other already rare reagents. Why!?

I was so excited to find this Deer Knight spell, as death is my main wizard, a lower pip cost AoE would really help in mob fights... but this recipe is just too much :(
And mind you, this is coming from a wizard who has always gardened and crafted!
I can't imagine how horrible this is for those who really dislike these aspects of the game.

It's so disheartening... and while I won't give up, I certainly won't be enjoying myself either.
As someone else has said, I play Wizard101 to relax and unwind.. not to struggle and do excessive repetitive fights and sit in the bazaar for hours upon end.

Let us buy these plants, somewhere, anywhere, I don't care at this point. Put them in the crowns shop. Raise their drop rates from bosses. Let them drop their own seeds at elder, anything!! Please! This transmute spell (as it is now) is not the answer IMO.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
speede1 wrote:
BJKOI wrote:

Where in the world does one get a "Hair of Merle's Beard", WOW KI this is way to crazy to get. If you would like to leave this at this amounts for crafting one Amber then reduce the number of Ambers need, even to half would still be really difficult. My little boys do not have the time to play and do this. With these amounts they will need to play for years to get there. I know KI is like having loyal players but this might backfire and get people to stop playing.

Actually I stopped crafting at the Seal of the Seven Seas, just way too time consuming, to much work, even when I use all the tricks in the book to get ingredients. Spending this time may be ok for some but I find it can become the game and I can't imagine how others that do other things bother either, such as pet training and planting. Part of the problem is now more are crafting so collecting is a race to get it first making the items even more rare then they used to be.

These things used to seem to fit better into the game now they have taken over as the game. I have also taken a stand to just forget about any spell that can be bought, farmed or crafted it just seems like the wrong path for these. So far I have been doing fine just using the Spells my school has given me I don't need any more to get by.

You can whine and complain about these things all you want but unless everyone stops doing it nothing will change and really until they become in game changers you can just not do them.

I have found over time that narrowing down all the "chances to get" does make the game more enjoyable, I can focus on playing the game more rather then what I may get out of something. I now tend to strive to achieve things that are for sure so that the whole game doesn't feel so hopeless. I started by not subjecting my wizard to hours and hours of Waterworks, it was like a weight was lifted off me. I refuse to pay the ransom for this gear and am grateful KI at least gave me an out. Once you get the Seal of the Seven Seas behind you you can craft the Wintertusk gear and be done with crafting once and for all.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
You guys asked for a transmute, you got a transmute. Did you expect it to be hard? You shouldn't have. You should have expected it to be ridiculously hard. These are actual spells you get forever, or an actual game you can play at your house. There gonna be extremley hard, and I think its intended to be. I'm currently crafting the ninja pig spell, and I think sooner or later i'll craft it. I do those hard core dungeons a lot anyway. You cant expect everything in this game to be easy.

I expected to spend a lot of time gathering reagents just as I did for my Legendary Artisan Badge. I did not expect to have collect epically rare drops from the toughest dungeons. I excepted to CRAFT some new and funny reagents from existing reagents. When I Craft I want to craft not battle or garden. Things are getting to mixed together IMO.

Crafting has been escape from battling for me, as have gardening and pet training. I don't expect or want to have to battle to craft. They are separate activities and should remain that way.
Megan

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
My personal take on this is that these are SUPPOSED to be super rare, hard to get premium items. And yah the Amber is a pain to get, but I already have several. How you may ask? I have large gardens on every wizard. Each of those gardens is FULL of King Parsleys. They are easy to raise, the seed drops all over the place, and infact I get more seeds back than I can even use. Does it take time? yah, will it stop me, heck no. It just means that I have to earn my reward.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I am joining those that are saying they are not doing it. I am certainly not smiling on this one. Crafting is no longer fun. It has become the most time consuming part of the game. The reagents required are getting to be too much..... 50 sunstones on one recipe? Nope. SpiritCaller Drums were bad enough with what was required for those. I finished that on 1 wizard and I don't think I will do it again on any of the other 8 wizards. Many of us already have jobs we don't need or want another job in the game.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
There is absolutely no way I will deal with the transmute recipe. It's not a solution, it's jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

We were given a decent transmute for sunstone, I don't see why that cannot be done again.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Guys relax I mean idk about you guys but I'd rather farm these 2 reagents for one amber than farm white tiger lilies and wait till elder to even have a slight chance at dropping amber.