Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

June 27 Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
  • Strange Beast has been removed from the Hydra's Hoard pack
  • Backdraft can now be cloaked
  • Mass Infection will now cloak properly
  • Bows and Mandolins can now be placed in the Shared Bank
  • Quest Helper will now point to the stairs behind Halina Warhawk during The Art of War Quest in Dragonspyre
  • Quest Helper should be more helpful during the Top of the Rock quest
  • All bows should now cast like bows, not wands
  • The three children you are sent to rescue from General Akilles will once again be visible
  • Honey Bee plants and Blue Huckleberries will no longer have pests above level 1
  • Second Spring spell will now display the actual cost of the item (250000 Gold)
  • The book "History of Storm Magic" in Wizard City is correctly named now
  • Traded Treasure cards of Handsome Formori will now count towards recipes
  • The Tower of Absolute Being now has a prerequisite to enter
  • Some Pet snacks have been promoted to higher ranks
  • Game launcher should no longer lock to the upper left of your screen
  • Alphyn, Auroch, Stag, Camel, Owl and Renaissance Wings can now be sold to regular vendors throughout the Spiral

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Strange Beast has been removed from the Hydra's Hoard pack

?? why?

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
very nice updates.
but why is the beast removed?

and can you please change Catalan to a Damage over Time spell? storm already got a single hit spell, we need something we can use.

thanks

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
  • Game launcher should no longer lock to the upper left of your screen

Woo Hoo!

That was a quick turn around! I thought this was going to be one on the lowest of low priorities.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
can you bring back the umbra sword and the other beckett magazine stuff and bring to crowns shop because people are really wanted umbra blade and there not in the stores anymore please bring them back

Administrator
There were 8 beasts in the pack.
One for each school plus a spare Myth Pet.

The Strange Beast has been removed but will be available in a different manner very soon.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 30, 2010
Does that mean that if we already have them they are not lost or suddenly morphed into some other pet?

Survivor
May 23, 2009

The Strange Beast has been removed but will be available in a different manner very soon.

What happens to those strange beasts that already have a home with wizards that were already paid for?

Will they be taken away and replaced? Neutered so they can't be hatchable?

Any word on the ones that are already in the community now?

AluraHexCaster

Administrator
Let me make this very clear:

Any Strange Beasts that have already been received through the pack will remain on the owners - no pets or eggs will be removed or deleted

After this update goes to the Live Game, the Strange Beast will no longer be available as a reward when purchasing the pack.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Ah, I see. Thank you for answering so quickly!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
The wiki says that these are the beast blades all 8 : bladestorm, balance blade, fire blade, ice blade, life blade, myth blade, death blade, storm blade. That makes 8 and the wiki has never failed me before .-. are you sure there is an extra mythblade pet?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Second Spring spell seems VERY costly for what it does, and 50 energy is a lot for one plant. What's the thought behind that? Who is going to spend more than the price of a castle, or the cost of 5 pet hatches on one plant? Doesn't make sense.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I see they still haven't fixed the Avalon staffs. They still have the attack action of a sword. Why has this not been fixed?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
So you are taking out the strange beast that has the myth blade and keeping the mythic beast that has the bladestorm?! Forgive me but shouldn't it be the other way around? Or did they just end up with the wrong cards?

Ellie

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I dont think anyone else mentioned this but the thing i am most happy about is the bow animations being fixed! :D I was so mad when when i bought my level 72 balance bow in the bazaar and all i did was wave it around in the air and cast a spell! :x I am so happy now that it will correctly shoot arrows at your foe like a bow is supposed too! :-) :-) :-) :-) :) :-) :)

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Just a quick question: among these miscellaneous updates is there any chance the non-functional door in the Sun Palace will once again work?