Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i have a very good NEW schools ideas ki!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
hello ki

well, i have had this idea for a really long time now, especially with how it would fit morganthe's theme: the shadow, and merle or the council of LIGHT.

so why not introduce now new schools of shadow and light? further in detail, a feature of these schools would be opposing each other, a completely new concept if you think about it. its new, and sounds fun. spells would be like one that opposes another in a way, or if you think about it, like shadow would be a -resistance on enemy, while light would be resistance on self, or fortify. but of course these are just EXAMPLES, so i am not expecting fortify to be a spell for these schools, but i just wanted to explain the idea of opposite school effects.

in the end, i think this would really enhance the game in some way, give it another touch of magic from a dark and light side. just like the times of cl, when we were so excited to learn new school spells, and couldnt wait for that training point or that leevel to learn a new astral spell. this would bring this "eagerness" back, especially if you put so many spells and whatnot if you decide to do implement such idea.

any comments are welcome below :)

thnx for your time.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
hadi791 wrote:
hello ki

well, i have had this idea for a really long time now, especially with how it would fit morganthe's theme: the shadow, and merle or the council of LIGHT.

so why not introduce now new schools of shadow and light? further in detail, a feature of these schools would be opposing each other, a completely new concept if you think about it. its new, and sounds fun. spells would be like one that opposes another in a way, or if you think about it, like shadow would be a -resistance on enemy, while light would be resistance on self, or fortify. but of course these are just EXAMPLES, so i am not expecting fortify to be a spell for these schools, but i just wanted to explain the idea of opposite school effects.

in the end, i think this would really enhance the game in some way, give it another touch of magic from a dark and light side. just like the times of cl, when we were so excited to learn new school spells, and couldnt wait for that training point or that leevel to learn a new astral spell. this would bring this "eagerness" back, especially if you put so many spells and whatnot if you decide to do implement such idea.

thnx for your time.
WHat would their specialties be? What would their spells be? You didn't bring much to the table here, unfortunately. Also, they sound like Life and Death a bit in name.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
As a level 15 Sorceror I think this is a great idea. Light and Darkness balance out the universe there would be no light without darkness or darkness without light. they would be realative terms if there was only one of them. The combination of the two balances the universe :). I love this idea and I would be interested to learn some neat spells.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
Sweet! i think new schools would be a great idea! and maybe KI can even add the ability to change your school (You would get all training points back and lose the cards from your original school) Of course it would cost crowns but i think your idea is really good!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
I don't think that the schools should oppose each other as this would make very difficult the possibility of working together with other players of the opposing schools.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Seems to familiar to life and death school, I don't believe KI is planning to add any more schools in.

Defender
May 17, 2011
hadi791 wrote:
hello ki

thnx for your time.

This is the first time I have ever said this about a school idea: that's really a great idea :)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
hadi791 wrote:
hello ki

thnx for your time.
WHat would their specialties be? What would their spells be? You didn't bring much to the table here, unfortunately. Also, they sound like Life and Death a bit in name.

ok here goes; who ever thought that ki was gonna bring in astral schools? i doubt anyone did, and if it was an idea, it wouldnt have had that "specialty" in it because it would have been just an idea. even if people knew there was gonna be some astral schools, did they know that they would be resistance and stats related? no, because they would have been thought of to be just another spell based schools, with no specialty. however, ki made a good job, in fact a brilliant idea of making astral schools enchantments and polymorph, and most importantly much focused on stats like infallable, amplify and fortify.

in this, i am just trying to introduce a simple idea of dark magic and light, as for their specialty, can i say i am leaving to ki? :]

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
XxDeadalusxX wrote:
As a level 15 Sorceror I think this is a great idea. Light and Darkness balance out the universe there would be no light without darkness or darkness without light. they would be realative terms if there was only one of them. The combination of the two balances the universe :). I love this idea and I would be interested to learn some neat spells.

me too. i really wish ki could invent some more new schools and spells like the astral schools, and as i said it would bring back eagerness to learn spells once again and excitement to get this type or that type of spell.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Batacer7263 wrote:
Sweet! i think new schools would be a great idea! and maybe KI can even add the ability to change your school (You would get all training points back and lose the cards from your original school) Of course it would cost crowns but i think your idea is really good!

indeed, we need some new schools.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
Batacer7263 wrote:

They already gave people the ability to buy back training points and lose all the spells for crowns

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
hadi791 wrote:
hello ki

thnx for your time.

ya. thats sort of like life and death all over again, no offense. plus, ki would need to add tons pf training points, and then a wizard wouldnt have to spend it on this school, and the game would mess up. no offense intended!!

william deathhead, necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Hmm, interesting concept, but if you arent going to tell us what its specialties are, its like a burger with no meat, nothing really good in it. Its like spell suggestions; I mostly care about the damage and whatnot, and not the animation, I need to know what its specialties are.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
hi i honestly think that there should be a new school and i guess that it could be like a psychic school and you could summon like psychic brain demons with powerful mind wave blasts! so if you like my idea please make it come true
-caitlin fireshade

Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
bionaknight wrote:
hadi791 wrote:
hello ki

thnx for your time.

x wide eyed x What?! It dosen't sound anything like Life and Death!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I like your enthusiasm, but unfortunately I hate to say that you shouldn't get your hopes up. I've noticed KI never uses ideas from these posts and they would never think about doing something like going back and making a new school. Believe me, I had the epic idea of introducing the elemental school of Air and the spirit school of Chaos. KI is too lazy to go back and do that.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
pocketgod1 wrote:
I like your enthusiasm, but unfortunately I hate to say that you shouldn't get your hopes up. I've noticed KI never uses ideas from these posts and they would never think about doing something like going back and making a new school. Believe me, I had the epic idea of introducing the elemental school of Air and the spirit school of Chaos. KI is too lazy to go back and do that.
1. Ever wonder how we got our ability to stitch wands? How about the reason why we got Rain of Fire and Sirens as spells? Yup, you guessed it. Player feedback.

2. Air is too much like Storm, Chaos, too much like Myth/Death. It's not laziness, it's avoiding making the same school multiple times.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
cailin0546 wrote:
hi i honestly think that there should be a new school and i guess that it could be like a psychic school and you could summon like psychic brain demons with powerful mind wave blasts! so if you like my idea please make it come true
-caitlin fireshade

eh death came from mind, myth from body, life from spirit ( or is it death from spirit ) and mind is almost the same thing as psychic