Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail References

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I figured I'd start a list on here of all the monty python references made in Avalon. Here are some of the ones I've come across so far, though i'm sure i forgot some. add to it, for these are hilarious
"I require... a shrubbery!"
Black Knight: "None shall pass"
Black Knight: "It's not that bad, I've had worse"
annoying rude frenchman
one of the sacred words sounds like "knee"
Sir Robin Bravely and his minstrel song
Friar Nolan: "The difference in flight speeds between a Zafarian and Marleybonian swallow is considerable
Knight of the Sacred Words: "Before i go, i must retrieve my coconuts"
And of course, from the book of armaments, "let this, thy blessed pomegranate blow thy enemies to tiny bits in thy mercy" and when you throw said pomegranate "three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. once the number three be reached, lobesst thy pomegranate towards thou foe, who shall snuff it."
Amen

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
newmerlin wrote:
I figured I'd start a list on here of all the monty python references made in Avalon. Here are some of the ones I've come across so far, though i'm sure i forgot some. add to it, for these are hilarious
"I require... a shrubbery!"
Black Knight: "None shall pass"
Black Knight: "It's not that bad, I've had worse"
annoying rude frenchman
one of the sacred words sounds like "knee"
Sir Robin Bravely and his minstrel song
Friar Nolan: "The difference in flight speeds between a Zafarian and Marleybonian swallow is considerable
Knight of the Sacred Words: "Before i go, i must retrieve my coconuts"
And of course, from the book of armaments, "let this, thy blessed pomegranate blow thy enemies to tiny bits in thy mercy" and when you throw said pomegranate "three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. once the number three be reached, lobesst thy pomegranate towards thou foe, who shall snuff it."
Amen

Also sir robin bravely is a scaredy cat like will there be guards at the meeting

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Ha! I should've known that Monty Python was going to be referenced in a world like Avalon! Nice post!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Where is the french man and who says the thing with the shubbery?
I must know!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
my friend and i love tht movie we memorized thr holy hand grenade of antioch the black night and the foul crewl bad tempered rabbit

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
eggywig wrote:
Where is the french man and who says the thing with the shubbery?
I must know!

The Frenchman in Caer Lyon in front of the gate to the Outer Yard is part of a side quest where you try to convince him to join you against the Pendragon and to make sure you are telling the truth, has you defeat a ton of different guys. then he says he will not join and for your efforts gives the snack "cow pie"

The shrubbery is another side quest from sumner fieldgold, the deck vendor in caliburn

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I recall one reference right in Caliburn after you give a knight that potion you make. Maybe it was the High Road, but it is right in the beginning.
When you give it to him he says thanks and "I'm not dead yet."
Love the Monty Python references in Avalon.
:)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009