Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teacher vs student

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
So my idea came to me to get to Dragonspyre when you had to defeat Cyrus Drake. I thought it would be cool to vs any teacher for XP. The XP depends on your lvl so if you were level 20 you would get around 1,000 XP and if your lvl 70 the teacher would go harder on you and give around 9,000 XP. Also the teachers health depends on what school they are and what lvl you are. The battles are fought in the teachers tower and it would make good practice against other schools and learn how to defeat enemies of your own school. Tell me what you guys think.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
This is a very interesting idea but has multiple problems. First of all It wouldn't be fair to the Sorcerors (A.k.a Balance Wizards) Because their school is farther away and has no tower so where would you fight the teacher? Another thing is that the Balance school has two instructors so who would you fight arthur or that other krok guy? I think its a nice idea and I'm not trying to shut you down but I want to point out how problems could arise.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
dude, I have to say...........Best idea ever for eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This will help all students with schools they have trouble with. But you have to think about a hit point/ spell system so low levels won't die on the spot. like this:
Your level: Hit points:
5 235
30 450
80 3000

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
good idea it truly is but i do not believe if this were to be put anywhere it should not be the school towers. many wizards like to venture into the towers to talk and relax and such so i would not think people would like it if they tried to go in there and have a nice calm time with others and see a boss standing there i believe a dungeon or gauntlet sort of thing would be better for this situation. maybe a new street like there was with the addition of crab alley and in that street lets call it there would be 21 separate dungeons or houses ... two for each school of Death, Life, Myth, Balance, Fire, Storm, Ice, Star, Moon, and Sun schools one that you can only enter yourself and the other that will have a sigil allowing 4 players into the boss. the extra tower will be an instance dungeon with small quest inside of it leading to the completion of dueling every teacher. on the subject of minions solo boss fights will not have minions but one that has a sigil on the door can have minions depending on how many people are going in. Also when you decide to do a more than one player boss dungeon including the all boss instance dungeon most likely the players will be a different level the hardness level life of the boss being done will be based on the average of the levels of all going into the dungeon. The bosses will be names that we already know Professors Falmea, Greyrose, Balestrom, Westfield (i think that is the balance teachers name), Wu, Drake, and Dworgyn, austreus, polythemus, and mythrya (forgive me if any of the names are wrong)

***NOTE*** The sub-teacher Malorn Ashthorn can be faught as a side small dungeon.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Sorry everyone for the instructers and towers you will fight in so I changed to dungons and for Death and Balance wizards you will fight the teacher and the spells they cast also depend on the wizards lvl. If there are any other problems with my idea please tell me and I will think more.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Good adition to the idea i hope KI adds this and I also hope they put this in with it.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Awesome Idea! I really want to know what tricks the teachers have up their sleeves! :D

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Awesome idea :D . I'm myth so I've already battled my teacher but it would be fun to take Cyrus down again

P.s. cyrus is the best teacher even if he is a little mean. Myth rules

Malorn Deathwielder lvl 63 myth