Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness/Attitudes of Players...

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I feel for you and your issue. Countless times I have been online, and this behavior has been happening. It promotes hatred, abuse, and plain rudeness. Personally, I think after Kingsisle has looked over a report on the chat log, if the person continually used cuss words and harsh sentences, they should get no warning and automatically be banned.
Why do people act this way? Partly Human nature. But the biggest reason would be is because they know that there is not much you can do and want reaction. I don't know how this would be considered fun to harass small girls but there are crazy people in this world that have different (and rather bad) looks on life.
Next time someone does this to you, or anyone for the matter,
Please, take pictures of the conversation.
Then send the pictures to Kingsisle, or show them to close friends (or both ), and we can see what to do from there. You always need your proof, even on a family game.

Anyways, good luck to you and your daughter, and let's hope the incident doesn't happen again.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
To jennm2203,

I know which wizards you're talking about. It's the same ones that can't seem to chat without profanity, sexual innuendos, explicit sexual comments, racist remarks, etc.

When we first started this, there are a few wizards I have not seen again (hoping they got the 10 year mute, or banned). But, there are still many that are continuing, day after day, to spout horrible stuff.

I'm sure KI is backlogged with all the reports being made, and are slowly sifting through the countless chat logs.

(1) I now have 3 wizards that have been tagged as snitches. These are the ones that will I will make comments like "Please watch the language", or "Please keep the chat clean", etc.

(2) My other 3 really low-level wizards just report, and they're the ones I'll take to the towers and stand in the obnoxious groups. I've even have some of these obnoxious wizards as Friends, so I can keep track if they're online, where they are, what realm they are, and I can go to them and keep watch.

(3) People are talking about the group from the forum that patrols the Commons/Realms. So, word it getting out. It could mean that some are watching their language/speech more, and it could mean the naughty ones are finding other places to do their chatting.

(4) When I submit a report, I try to put the word, the phrase, or will put 'swearing around filter', 'extreme sexual content', 'racist remarks', etc., to try and help KI with their chat search.

(5) If my chat box is full of naughtiness, I'll port home real quick and go through the chat box and do reporting, then go back (thanks for the suggestion in one of the earlier posts here).

(6) Let's try to find each other in the game and on Central. That way, we can have someone we can hang with, plus do any tag-team effort, making our patrolling easier (and a lot more fun with private chat)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Hello everybody, I have been following this Forum for quite some time . For the record, younger people do look on this forum, and I know that because I am one of them. Lets just say I am a Tween 8) 8) . I try to help whenever I can, but I do a lot of activities, so my time is limited. If any of you see me out there, my name is Seth Skyshard, Level 56 Balance. Feel free to add me. And oh my gosh is the Wu Realm bad, I can see why you are all concerned. Some people in this game are just plain wackjobs.

See you out there!

Seth Skyshard
Level 56 Balance

P.S. I wear the Wizard City Protector Badge too. 8) 8) 8)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wow.

So, I patrolled Wu this morning, from around 2-6am AST... didn't see very many people around, though the few that were there had very foul mouths.

To avoid being "tagged" as a spy, I dismounted and hid in a corner, completely out of sight. Then, I just reported bad language as I saw it~ they all started blaming each other, and it died down eventually/morphed into relationship drama (which, while lame, I'd rather hear than the sex and suicide business that was going on).

Then, I wandered over to the dye shop, and was absolutely horrified at what I walked in on~ a simulated... uh, non-family-friendly scene, in which the poor girl was begging a group of guys to leave her alone... all in front of a crowd! I had to step in~ I told them to knock it off, and (fortunately) the other bystanders were a little more vocal in their disapproval after that.

(Once safety back in the Commons/my hidey-hole, I reported every single one of them~ as an adult, it disturbs me that kids know about this stuff... Call me naive, but I don't think that kind of behaviour is okay~ not in-game, not EVER.)

Don't get me wrong- I like kids, and don't mind sharing common space with them... but ones like these only reaffirm my choice not to procreate. If my nieces or nephews ever speak to me (or anyone) like that, I'll wash their mouths out with soap myself.

-El Veeb

PS: The insult of the moment seems to be "s/he (is) a bee"~ if it's as obvious to you guys as it is to me, it should be reportable... right? I'll confirm with Support and get back to you on that one.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
OH MY GOSH.

After I made my last post, I hit the Wu dye-shop on my baby necromancer (on my alt account). Surprise! The same crowd from my earlier post was still there, engaging in that felony offense we all love so much (sarcasm) and other acts of debauchery. But wait! There's more!

Once again, I stood up for the victim of this atrocious behaviour. I don't usually get involved in stuff like that, but (because I'm a woman) I have zero tolerance for that sort of degradation... and one of the perpverts (yes, that's intentional) turned around and started PHYSICALLY attempting to "r" ME.

ME.

I'm a grown woman, and I'm so utterly freaked out/shaken up/disgusted by this kid's behaviour. I was in such shock that my only coherent response was to tell him that I had recorded him and would be sending a screen-cap of what he did to KI Support~ he laid off after that, but I hesitated to report him because he never actually SAID anything to me.

Which brings me to another question... HOW do we report "wordless" sexual harassment? I don't know how to record in game, so do any of you know another way to catch these silent-but-deadly types?

As far as I'm concerned, this just got personal. These people are disturbed and their victims aren't human to them~ they don't care that there's a person on the other side of the screen, or whether that person is 10, 25, or 50. It's horrifying, and NEEDS to STOP.

(as in NOW)

-El Veeb/Rowan Drake

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
It goes on and on, There are now FIVE pages of this stuff and not a word from KI, Seems we could use some guidence here as to what is being done to alleviate this problem. We know they are getting plenty of reports and I am sure it is taking a lot of man hours to do all the checking but I would appreciate a comment from our teachers.
Wizard City Protector
Mackenzie

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
If there's a group on Central, we should track these for our reference... Abbreviations of obscenities should be just as reportable as the words themselves, especially if it's as obvious as the ones you listed.

Has anyone created a group on Central yet? If so, then sign me up!

If not, then I'll hopefully see you (well, some of you) in the Spiral! Those of you on the west coast~ midnight there is 4 am here, and I'm a night owl, so there's still a good chance that we'll run into each other. ;)

-El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong/Auntie El
the Archmage of Awesomeness & Wizard City Protector

Working on that, El Veeb. I just found you :) :)

QueQue, would love to have you in the group.

I will report back with new information soon.

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
OH MY GOSH.

After I made my last post, I hit the Wu dye-shop on my baby necromancer (on my alt account). Surprise! The same crowd from my earlier post was still there, engaging in that felony offense we all love so much (sarcasm) and other acts of debauchery. But wait! There's more!

Once again, I stood up for the victim of this atrocious behaviour. I don't usually get involved in stuff like that, but (because I'm a woman) I have zero tolerance for that sort of degradation... and one of the perpverts (yes, that's intentional) turned around and started PHYSICALLY attempting to "r" ME.

ME.

I'm a grown woman, and I'm so utterly freaked out/shaken up/disgusted by this kid's behaviour. I was in such shock that my only coherent response was to tell him that I had recorded him and would be sending a screen-cap of what he did to KI Support~ he laid off after that, but I hesitated to report him because he never actually SAID anything to me.

Which brings me to another question... HOW do we report "wordless" sexual harassment? I don't know how to record in game, so do any of you know another way to catch these silent-but-deadly types?

As far as I'm concerned, this just got personal. These people are disturbed and their victims aren't human to them~ they don't care that there's a person on the other side of the screen, or whether that person is 10, 25, or 50. It's horrifying, and NEEDS to STOP.

(as in NOW)

-El Veeb/Rowan Drake

This is why it's good that we are getting to know eachother as a community and meeting in game. If anyone here ever experiences anything like this and knows me in game, please let me know, I will be there in a heartbeat. I have no idea why, but for some reason, and you can ask others that are posting, people don't back talk me. No idea why, but it usually does not happen.

We should help eachother out though, nobody should have to do this alone. Nor be abused by some little kid that thinks they are big and bad because they are behind a screen and can talk or say whatever it is they want.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
jackandturbo wrote:
It goes on and on, There are now FIVE pages of this stuff and not a word from KI, Seems we could use some guidence here as to what is being done to alleviate this problem. We know they are getting plenty of reports and I am sure it is taking a lot of man hours to do all the checking but I would appreciate a comment from our teachers.
Wizard City Protector
Mackenzie

I quite agree, 5 pages and not one of the administration has commented that they are working hard on going through the reports sent, not even a thank you to their players for trying to help to clean up the game, they need to take a few days and see for themselves then maybe more astringent measures will be taken against the offenders, especially the ones that constantly make free accounts just to keep doing this.

If they don't have time during their workday, take 5-10 min at night, go to one of the realms that have been repeated in this thread..over and over.. to the areas that were posted and just spend a bit of time there, low level non-badged characters.

At this point I am not even sure that anything is being done, the same people are still at it, same realms, same locations, same horrid language and behavior.

In all honesty not even WoW gets this bad in the chats and that game is definitely not listed as a kid safe/family friendly game.

@vonawesome there is a program called FRAPS, it is a recorder that many people in other games use to record things like KS-ers, when it is against the TOS of the game, and also for dungeon video runs to improve team performance etc.. if your system is powerful enough to run that application during your forays into the areas you can easily get video proof of this non-verbal aggression then you can send it to support and see what they say regarding reporting of it. The free video length is only 30 seconds but that should be fairly sufficient time to get the capture when that kind of thing happens.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
Hi everyone!

Let my begin by saying I will never check out another MMORPG game... have no desire to. ALSO I do not want Wizard101 to get rid of the free areas in any way shape or form...that was how we got hooked! Wizard101 was addicting soon after we began. LOL I also don't want them to get rid of the Open chat... but along with my impossible wish for world peace and tolerance for all... I wish that the foul mouths would just miraculously cut it out. (It 'tis an impossible dream!)

I am so happy to hear from everyone today and I see that we have a great groups of players here that really do care! Despite the silence from our Professors and others.

I am sure they are back logged... I can not imagine what a mess to sift through, but would love the job!
I also never take 100% of what other players in the game say as truth... they lie, so many lie.
I saw an instant mute yesterday happen and I was pleased.... the guy was nasty... the silence was nice but his friends were picking up the slack for him.

I am in the process of drafting a letter to support with some examples of words, abbreviations etc in hopes that they will let me know what is reportable and not when it comes to the expanded new creativity that is taking place.

I found that one same female wizard again yesterday in the dye shop and commons, but she was not nearly as bad as she was... maybe our efforts are working, slowly.

I am logging on everyday around 2 pm eastern, will be in WU, commons, dye shop and checking towers as well as scarecrow death tower from time to time.
JenniferLifecaster level 80 Life student (always wearing some form of something green, sometimes on a broom or just standing around)
(just say you are from here :))

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
cassieluv2676 wrote:
I am asking KI to please do something about the language in the game. I have minor children playing on wizard101. Not only am i shocked but also amazed at the amount of the racial words. While in a battle,( and yes I could leave, I could ignore, etc, I understand that), I get to hear the N-Word used several times. What is so upsetting about this is why these repeat offenders are allowed to continue to play on a CHILD FRIENDLY game. If I remember correctly KI has opened the game to numerous regions, which would mean different racies of people. (I understand completely that KI has a very busy job due to the number of players, but if KI looks at this problem in a world wide perspecitve, hmm, this could create numerous lose of memberships.) As a parent, I have taught my children to love everyone and not use NASTY lanugage, not everyone one is like me or do I expect them to be, and yes at times I sit back and laugh because I know my children have more respect and dignity than adults on a child friendly game. As I ask and plead as many others do for KI to do something about this problem, I will be told to ignore, report, flee a battle that I shouldnt have to, etc, I realize that it is not a complex issue for KI to solve..... delete their account, ban their IP or OEM from the server, ban their Credit Card from making another account, after you have warned them, I know it will not be done and this problem will continue. So as I complain and as I report people I know it is a true waste of my time, I keep hope that KI might at some time figure out that there is a major problem with language on a CHILD FRIENDLY game and step up their procedures to protect our children and their young minds all over the world.

Cassieluv2676, some of us that are posting here can also be found on Wizard101 Central. If you have registered there contact whichever one of us you can find and we will be glad to meet you in the game. We are very serious about getting this game cleaned up and make it safe again for our young and families.

We are making some headway, but it will take diligence to keep it that way. We have no idea how many have joined our ranks, but we plan to set up a group as soon as we can so that we also have to play time but still make sure the game is monitored.

To those that have already been watching, we do know that some have moved to other realms. Scarecrow (Death Tower). Wu2 is the worst usually in the commons, the Dye Shop, and some of the towers in Ravenwood. We are seeing them moving into Wraith, Unicorn and Vampire as well. If anyone comes across another realm or place that needs to be watched, please post it so that everyone knows where to look. But especially the PUBLIC areas where our kids are the most subjected to this kind of behavior.

KI, we are serious about cleaning this game up. Please help us do so.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
@goldendragon18 - The next time I see you in the game, I'll let you know the name of the wizard that keeps saying she's with KI and starts the riot to upset everyone else around her.

@kingurz - It may come down to drastic measures for KI to relieve the major problems. If I were running this game, I know I'd be trying to come up with ways to resolve the chat issue without compromising the integrity of the game.

@SPARX789 Thank you for your comments, and wearing the Wizard City Protector badge. Any help or acknowledgement is much appreciated. The more we can spread the word, and get more people involved, the better.

@vonawesome1 So sorry you had to witness that 'activity'. Depending on what's being said to the person, sans swear words, I do report for "extreme sexual harassment", or "extreme sexual content". I do report people that use the "r" word. There was one male wizard that said he "r'd" 15 girls. Whether that was in the game or real life, I don't know, but that kind of behavior, no matter where it is, is uncalled for. Harassment is reportable, however, there's that 'gray' area on what constitutes harassment and what KI deems as reportable.

When I reported a couple of wizards for foul language last night, one of them guessed it was me reporting them, so one of them reported me. A false report, of course (my first one). As a matter-of-fact, I had never even said a word in chat, so I'm assuming they reported me filing a 'false report'(?). I'm not worried, as when KI checks the chat, they'll see I'm right and those wizards were wrong.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Just had my brain actually work by coming up with an ideal for KI on the bad behavior problem. Have KI select some volunteers to be Wizard Wardens!! These Wizard Wardens (WW) would "patrol" the worlds and report the bad people to KI and with extreme situation like "messing with" another person, the WW can temp suspend them for a day which would be brought to the immediate attention to KI to review. Now to keep the WW in check, there would be severe punishment for abuse of this "job" such as temp banning and/or permanent title of Untrustworthy for all of that persons account characters that cannot be changed. But, I think that with WW moving about that might possible stop allot of the "acts" that been carried out. Well, that's my two cents worth.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hey, JT~ was that you I saw in the Commons last night, on Wu 1? I was the girl in red on the Hydra mount, and I was there between midnight and 3 am AST (8-11pm, for my friends on the opposite coast).

Did some reporting in Wu today, still a bit traumatized by what happened this morning (I laugh at it now, but it was pretty creepy). Also warned 2 kids to stop cursing~ I used the standard, "please watch your language, this is a family game", and they knocked right off. I ended up taking them for a ride on my spiffy mount, and we farmed a dungeon together... once they cleaned up their acts and learned to behave, they were quite nice kids, whose company I enjoyed.

I think some of these young wizards just need guidance~ if they're not getting any at home, it's our responsibility to teach them what is/isn't socially-acceptable behaviour.

-El Veeb

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Okay. This is pretty bad.

I am not an adult, or even a teenager, but I feel a need to say something about this. Luckily, I haven't been involved in any of this stuff, but it's been talked about all over the game and the forums.

Also, I'm sure this was said before, but unfortunately, this stuff isn't going to go away.

As long as this continues to be a MMO with thousands of people playing, you are definitely going to see this.

Just as in real life, you can't travel to an area full of thousands of people without hearing at least one use vulgar language.

This doesn't mean we can try to stop it though. If we keep doing what we're doing, ignore if being rude, report if being vulgar, we can all make this a safe environment for kids, such as me. :P

-Tyler Summertail

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I did some monitoring time last night and discovered something I had not really thought about. I was questing with my main account wizards and had been wanting you use my lower level wizards on my second account for some monitoring. So it seemed a good time to do so. The problem? My second account is crowns only. My young wizards don't have the option to report, it is grayed out. I think KI needs to seriously rethink that. Do they think that only members are ever going to have a need to report issues in the game? I'm sure there are a lot of players out there that would love to help out, that care about the spiral, but find themselves unable to help. Sure screen shots can be taken, but in the fast and furious flow that is going on in these problem areas, screenshots are simply unworkable. Please KI, the ability to report bad behavior needs to be available to everyone.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oh my, it has been a busy and exciting few days. One thing that is really getting to me:

It's very unpleasant to bear the brunt of the potty-mouthed and aggressive wizards we have been monitoring and reporting. While I am dedicated to continuing this effort, even organizing it on Central, I AM NOT WILLING to do this for KI with no support or other indication that our efforts are appreciated. We should not have to do all of this dirty work with no response from our professors. We should have heard something from Prof. Greyrose or Mr. Lincoln by now.

Dear Professors, Do you care that your students are being bullied, harassed, and otherwise aggrieved in our efforts to clean up the Great Spiral? Are you reading our conversation? Do you see what is happening to our game?

I would appreciate some sort of reply, a real one, from the relevant individuals at KI.

Speaking as the disgruntled human behind my avatars,

Qbb

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
Hey, JT~ was that you I saw in the Commons last night, on Wu 1? I was the girl in red on the Hydra mount, and I was there between midnight and 3 am AST (8-11pm, for my friends on the opposite coast).

Did some reporting in Wu today, still a bit traumatized by what happened this morning (I laugh at it now, but it was pretty creepy). Also warned 2 kids to stop cursing~ I used the standard, "please watch your language, this is a family game", and they knocked right off. I ended up taking them for a ride on my spiffy mount, and we farmed a dungeon together... once they cleaned up their acts and learned to behave, they were quite nice kids, whose company I enjoyed.

I think some of these young wizards just need guidance~ if they're not getting any at home, it's our responsibility to teach them what is/isn't socially-acceptable behaviour.

-El Veeb

Gosh, looks like I missed you again! I was there between 8-11pm PT. I'm usually in the game between 3pm - 1:30am Pacific Time. If you're riding the Hydra, I'll keep an eye out.

I don't always use the same wizard to 'patrol', as a couple of them have outfits that stand out like a sore thumb. Plus, I seem to get better results from my boy wizards when I speak up.

@goldendragon - After you went AFK in the Dye Shop, that one boy wizard with the name that started with an "R" that started another slew of profanity within that small group (that had finally settled down), got muted after we reported him so many times (and I'm sure others reported him as well). He came back with another wizard with the same first name and started the profanity all over again with his new wizard.

@queenlybluebean - I hooked up with vonawesome on Central. My name there is mrflibbles, so you're welcome to send me a message! :)

I really wish that when someone is muted, their entire account is muted, not just the one wizard. Whether they're muted for a day or longer, it should affect all of their wizards. It's ridiculous that the offenders are able to come back with another wizard, or are able to create another one, and are able to pick up where they left off - in terms of their bad behavior.

There are wizards that stand around and chat for HOURS. I literally mean, hours! I've noticed this in the Commons and especially the Dye Shop. Some have claimed "corners" in the Dye Shop, and use explicit language to try and get people away from their 'corners'. They stand there, some all day long, chatting away. Apparently they have nothing better to do within the game or in real life.

@Keifer70 - Not a bad concept of something like "Wizard Wardens". However, I'm sure KI would not allow us non-employees to gain any sort of 'power' to take action against others in the game. Even if it were possible, it would be difficult for them to pick and choose who would be appropriate, as they have no idea who we are and what kind of people we are in real life.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
been a very busy evening folks! Tonight has got me in venting mode...sorry ahead of time.
I have invited a few other parents to join the fight, to be watchful eyes along with us. I shared some screen shots with them and they are equally upset about this.

I was standing in commons in WU2 read the chats of a Jose something talking quite explicitly of his having sex while playing the game.. then going on to give details, positions and typed out their "dialog" of noises and words. He would use specific sexual terms, body parts and positions, details of the "money shot" and more. I just kept on reporting him.. got him finally muted (were some of you there?) Then he returned on a Timothy Something on another wizard and continued the dialog of sex related filth.... there were a ton of young people in the commons, to know there is no trigger string of words to make him mute is awful. He admitted or said he was a kid home alone, did NOT have open chat but kept right at it. It was disgusting and THERE IS NO PLACE FOR THIS TALK ON THIS GAME!!!

Shame on Wiz101 for not shutting down him IP addy immediately.! I left when he began talking about kids having sex, that was it for me.

There must be some sort of string of words to trigger a mute in place...

and honestly they just need to block (yes even from us open chatters) foe, ack, bee, ache, hex, master, bait, Ra, ape, blown, blow, pea, base, Re, tar, azz,, ho, hoe, whoree, and then further block ANY misspelled or nonsense/unreal words, words with extra letters, numbers or symbols within them along with EVERYTHING BUT AFK, LOL, ok, k and BRB.

I feel these suggestions would work and can be implemented easily....I did similar preventative measures in several forums and message broads I was part of...... then in a few other live online applications.

Open chat or not there is not need for the words or versions of words I have listed (including many others I am sure, but remove the ability to type fake or misspelled words then much of the problem is gone!

Today really just took the cake and gave me heartburn... there are kids on here who could read his chat since he has text chat (the plain bubble by his name) These parents faithfully allowed their children to have that text chat because it is marketed/sold to us as safe with blocks in place and marketed as an E 10+ game family and kid friendly. My daughter is 14, as of today she will no longer be playing this game until it is cleaned up, she hates that type of talk and feels there is NO place for it on a family game and that there is no excuses and frankly my 14 year old has it right! What was being typed today was NOT kid or family friendly it was porn within a children's family game and Wizard101 and Kingsisle is officially asleep. I can only hope there were other reporting people out there. Tonight they broke their own E 10+ rating.

I no longer need to report the small stuff, even the dating junk no longer bothers me.... between the violent themed bring it to real life threats, to suicide talk to ef this and that to now sex dialog to the extreme... yes not good at all.

WE WANT KI to Clean up the spiral and we are united to help begin the change now!
I am done venting, but I do genuinely care, this needs to be a safe and at least moderately clean game.... some mild language is expected but NOT what is happening now. :(

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Before I quit for the evening, I have to say it was a very grueling day reporting people. It's now 12:45am PT.

I am simply amazed how ignorant people are. There are so many people in the game who have no idea what a Terms of Use is, or how to adhere by it. I've seen several comments today (as I was reporting left and right), that people believe, if you have open chat, you can say whatever you want, including profanity, sex, drugs, and racist remarks.

In the Dye Shop, several people were talking so nasty. Fortunately, others were reporting them as well, but I they kept talking about "We have open chat, we can say whatever we want, including swear words". "Nobody should report us, we have open chat"..

Parents of these nasty chatters seem to be blissfully unaware of what their children are doing and saying. I do not have children, but I would NEVER allow a child in my house to go unmonitored in a game or anywhere online. It's not just children, it's adults that are just as nasty, if not more so.

I need to log off now ..... site maintenance in a few minutes.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Aritako wrote:
I did some monitoring time last night and discovered something I had not really thought about. I was questing with my main account wizards and had been wanting you use my lower level wizards on my second account for some monitoring. So it seemed a good time to do so. The problem? My second account is crowns only. My young wizards don't have the option to report, it is grayed out. I think KI needs to seriously rethink that. Do they think that only members are ever going to have a need to report issues in the game? I'm sure there are a lot of players out there that would love to help out, that care about the spiral, but find themselves unable to help. Sure screen shots can be taken, but in the fast and furious flow that is going on in these problem areas, screenshots are simply unworkable. Please KI, the ability to report bad behavior needs to be available to everyone.

I think there is a work around for this problem (I have always had a sub, so I could be wrong) but I think that if you first IGNORE them, you then get the option to report. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
amy7274 wrote:
Aritako wrote:

I think there is a work around for this problem (I have always had a sub, so I could be wrong) but I think that if you first IGNORE them, you then get the option to report. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Amy, I will give this a try. However I still believe KI should make reporting an easy option for all players. That should not be a members only option. How many of those kids getting bullied out there are free to play and have no hope of being able to do anything except leave? KI may also want to consider adding something in a fun little tutorial for kids that would cover how to use the report function properly. I would venture to say that a vast number of folks never read the full Terms of Use agreement completely, so having some of the most important points in that tutorial might help (of course with the reference and direction to the full agreement included).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Aritako, I think Amy7274 is right. Just hit Ignore first and you should be able to report them.

@QueQueg, I have run into the same thing on players with open chat claiming they have the right to say whatever they wish. I also inform them in private chat, this is wrong. Open chat is a priviledge and should never be abused. Usually, those same players continue with the barrage of profanity and I REPORT and watch. A few times I have actually seen them instantly muted.

I did see the "R" person you mentioned when I got back to my computer and it took me a second trying to figure out why I was seeing his chat since I had put him on Ignore after all the trash he was spouting. After reporting him a few more times, I put on ignore again.

Like you, I would never allow a child or an adult for that matter use any kind of foul or disgusting language in my house.

@Jennm2203, the Jose you mentioned, I know who that one is and I think he has 2 wizards named Jose with different last names. I reported him a few days ago myself. I had forgotten to clear my ignore list until late last evening and was in the commons when Idid. Low and behold, there he was. Reported him again within just a couple of minutes.

I have seen all of the filter busters you have listed and a few more. A new one is " a piece of shirt". I have started reporting those that are also using "omfg, wdf(d meaning the), wtf" and any others that happen to pop up trying to go around the filters. The sexual content is so disgusting it turns ones stomach.

@Keifer70, I personally would not want to be given the 'power' to even temporarily mute someone. KI can see if it is a first time offender or repeat. In some cases, a warning is enough to keep some of the first time offenders from doing the same thing again. Therefore, leave that to KI to deal with.

KI, as others have already stated, we would like to hear something from our professors regarding this discussion. In some of the cases we have been reporting, it is getting ridiculous to see repeat offenders being able to come right back within minutes and repeating the same profanity and disgusting sexual content. We can understand giving fist time offenders a second chance, but when it comes to those creating new wizards or free accounts on the same IP address just to start repeating the same offenses, it really needs to stop.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@JennM~ I'm sorry you had to witness that. Some people are truly bizarre, and I'll never understand why they feel the need to bring their psychotic/ predatory behaviour into this game. The worst part is, KIDS are doing this to other kids, and it appalls me that KI is still so silent on the issue. They obviously read these posts (since the boards are moderated), so I hope one of them will eventually confirm that something's being done about all of this kerfuffle.

@Spongy~ kudos to you, for chiming in here! Perhaps the kids need to hear, from other kids (instead of just from adults), that this behaviour is not okay. And, if they start directing their abusive language at you, we'll back you up~ you're definitely not alone.

(to quote LoTR~ "even the smallest person can change the course of the future")

@QueQueg~ I don't have kids either, but I'm sure that every one of us in this group (including parents) is an aunt, an uncle, a grandmother, a grandfather, a cousin, a sibling, a teacher... and it's our job to protect the little ones, just the same. As long as we unite in our cause, we will not fail.

...I tend to switch mounts a lot, but I'll make sure to ride the Hydra there from now on, so I'm visible. ;)

I've witnessed that same behaviour in the dye-shop, everyone"claiming" space, etc... It's really lame, and is a form of bullying. If anyone here was ever the kid who wasn't allowed to play in the sandbox at the same time as the "popular" crowd (and I was that kid in elementary school), you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It makes kids feel lonely, excluded... not the kind of environment a "family-friendly" game should encourage.

I also agree with you about IP-banning the entire account, not just one wizard. It'll keep repeat offenders from... well, being repeat offenders. LOL. At this point, it's just too easy for them to circumvent the system, and that's WRONG.

So far, I've met DarthJT and qbb/Iridian on Central~ my new account's name is El Veeb, so I'll be sending a friend-request to mrflibbles, as well as to any of you I might come across. :D

Someone a few posts up made a comment about game rating vs. interaction rating~ I forget who it was, but I totally agree that something needs to be done about that as well.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

-El Veeb

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

It would seem that part of the foul lot have taken up residence in the Dye Shop now instead of the Life tower. I can't even remember which of my wizards I had in there yesterday and reported someone. Someone else piped up and said that anyone should be able to cuss and if the person who reported them didn't like cussing, they just needed to quit playing the game.

My blood pressure still goes up just typing what he said and this is over 24 hours later! It infuriates me that we've had these "people" highjack what had once been a family friendly game. I too, would like to hear what the professors have to say on this matter. I get tired of being inundated in real life by the lack of command of the English language crowd. The ones who seem to have to cram as many foul words into what should be a simple sentence. If these "people" want to play an MMO go somewhere else themselves. Somewhere they won't get as many sanctions for their nastiness. NOT Wizard101!!!!!!!