Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Here is my idea have special quest that we get from our professors and for balance we get a crock mount. For death you get a crow mount. For life you get like a Gecko mount to ride on. For fire you get a phoneix mount or dragon. For storm you get a storm shark. For ice you get a ice wryen. For myth you get a Ortherous mount.

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
yeah987 wrote:
Here is my idea have special quest that we get from our professors and for balance we get a crock mount. For death you get a crow mount. For life you get like a Gecko mount to ride on. For fire you get a phoneix mount or dragon. For storm you get a storm shark. For ice you get a ice wryen. For myth you get a Ortherous mount.

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer
well i like that idea

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
yeah987 wrote:

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer

I like it.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
GREAT idea!!! I love pet quests, so a mount quest would be epic to the power of TEN! I think Wiz101 should consider this idea seriously for the quest when we reach level 100 OR level 101, it is like the ultimate GIFT to all of us wizards who worked hard to reach that high.

The only suggestion I have is that whatever school mounts are created, they need to be either completely NOT spell type creatures OR all the same level of creature. Meaning all rank 6 or higher etc. Because some may feel cheated if they get a low rank creature mount and another school gets a high rank spell creature mount. To create completely NEW creatures for our mounts would be a great way to give us a peak into a new spell, boss or enemy.

Defender
May 21, 2011
yeah987 wrote:

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer

its a good idea, but you have been unfair on storm, everyone i think can get the shark mount from the crown shop, it already exists, i think you should make a new one up for every school :P but its a good idea

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
yeah987 wrote:

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer

Love it!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2012
yeah987 wrote:

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer
Hi! I am an ice wizard level 22 adept and I don't know what a wryen is! Help1

-Sophia Bearcloud

Survivor
May 27, 2012
Great Idea! Probably for the fire mount it will probably be phoinex because there is already a dragon mount and it might look too much the same. It would be awesome if they were permanent mounts too, instead of those one day mounts like from unicorn way

Explorer
May 22, 2011
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I like these ideas, just most of them have already been implemented in another mount that is not school specific.

(Ex: Crocogator, Raven, Wyvern, Swift Shark)

I think that you could change these to different mounts.

Ice: Snow angel pegasus
Fire: Phoenix (same)
Storm: Stormzilla
Death: Skeletal horse
Myth: Basilisk
Life: Centaur
Balance: Chimera

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
yeah987 wrote:

All at level 48
hope you like it
Jason Storm Shield
lvl 36 sorcerer
That would be totally awesome but maybe life can ride something different like forest lord just smaller.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
vaneairdbe wrote:
I like these ideas, just most of them have already been implemented in another mount that is not school specific.

(Ex: Crocogator, Raven, Wyvern, Swift Shark)

I think that you could change these to different mounts.

Ice: Snow angel pegasus
Fire: Phoenix (same)
Storm: Stormzilla
Death: Skeletal horse
Myth: Basilisk
Life: Centaur
I love all those ideas.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
here are my kind of mounts
myth:orthrus (it would be a two person mount)
life:cenataur
death:bone dragon (even though it is a real mount already)
fire:fire cat
ice:mammoth
storm:stormzilla
balance:scarab

Defender
May 19, 2012
I think Life should get one of those spiders from Marleybone, or a 'spirit' centaur, similar to the 'spirit pet' (seraph), which looks kind of transparent and shimmery. This would be totally different. Chimera for balance I think is too similar to the hydra. I don't think I'd like riding around on a krok or gecko/mander either. Maybe a scorpion would be cool. I can see my balance riding around on one of those.

I love the idea of the storm snake as a mount for storm, or even riding on a kraken would be totally awesome. If any mounts have wings, I hope they keep the wings nice and small and the pet doesn't hover too high, for better visibility or I would find myself never using the mount. I already don't use my hawk mount for this reason as the wings and head tend to block most visibility in front of my character.

I like vaneairdbe's suggestions for ice and death mounts.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
I totally LOVE that idea! I can imagine that already:

I'm riding a centaur and I'm life and I have the centaur spell! But why does storm have to ride a stormzilla? why cant it ride a lighting bat or a thunder snake?

Actually, riding a thunder snake, your wizard would be dragging his/her boots across the pavement, but i love the idea of a lighting bat mount!

Find me on wizard101: Miranda ThunderGem (above level 40 and riding lion mount) Thanks and cya later!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I had the idea of making the mounts our lvl 48, 58, or 68 spells. 58 because imagine riding a gnome! And Death has the bone dragon already, so it'd have to be something else, and fire has a volcano, and there already is a dragon, so it'd be cool to ride an efreet.

Myth (my school:) Basilisk

Life: Forest Lord

Death: Scarecrow

Storm: Leviathan (It could have a pond under it everywhere it goes!)

Ice: I liked the Mammoth Idea!

Fire: Efreet

Maybe you could also train your mounts at the pet pavilion, and they could hatch other mounts too!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
I'd like to see school mount shoes with effect (they got stats, or work like mount and you keep old shoes) So that when you walk you get different animation.

Storm: Splash of water or small lightning strikes behind you
Ice: the ground freezes for a moment, leaving snow spots
Fire: a small fire or a stream of fire behind you, like phoenic pet in motion
Myth: earthquake comes when you walk
Life: flowers appear behind you (like unicorn spell)
Death: Small ghost appears while you walk
Balance: sandstorm around your feet

thats just my ideas, would love to see them in game :)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I don't think human-form mounts would really work, you would have to kind of piggy-back-ride on mounts like Kraken, Forest Lord, Scarecrow, Efreet, etc.

PS I chose Stormzilla because there aren't many other storm spells to use, and you could ride it like the Stag.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
hjjhii77 wrote:
I had the idea of making the mounts our lvl 48, 58, or 68 spells. 58 because imagine riding a gnome! And Death has the bone dragon already, so it'd have to be something else, and fire has a volcano, and there already is a dragon, so it'd be cool to ride an efreet.

Myth (my school:) Basilisk

Life: Forest Lord

Death: Scarecrow

Storm: Leviathan (It could have a pond under it everywhere it goes!)

Ice: I liked the Mammoth Idea!

Fire: Efreet

Maybe you could also train your mounts at the pet pavilion, and they could hatch other mounts too!

My mount ideas exactly XD I'd love to ride on he shoulders of a scarecrow, and none of these mounts are the same or similar to crowns mounts and such, so they can't be obtained with crowns and such and people will feel "cheated out of their mount" by someone just paying for it or something similar :D

Survivor
Mar 24, 2011
here's my ideas

Fire= Dragon
Ice= Mammoth
Storm= A crab
Life= Centaur
Death= Skeletal Dragon (different from bone dragon)
Myth= Basilisk
Balance= Chimera (One person)

Blaze Battlepyre Lvl 72 (just started drum jungle )

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
amazing fantastic idea! i would love it and it should be for level 78(cause you actually get no spells :( )here are my ideas for what mount

fire:efreet could go headfirst forward and you could sit on it's back
ice:mammoth would be awesome it would be big enough to almost be equal to the owl in terms of height!
storm:Leviathan could be on a pool of water that moves with you and you could be on it's back
life:i am thinking forest lord and it will crawl if you want to or if you want to it will walk upright
death:Von's monster taking you on the shoulder!
myth:basilisk
balance:Ra carrying you on the shoulder!

and all of these should be too people mounts and if your thinking how too people can sit on a forest lord well on could be on the shoulder

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Defender
May 21, 2011
moh852 wrote:
here's my ideas

Fire= Dragon
Ice= Mammoth
Storm= A crab
Life= Centaur
Death= Skeletal Dragon (different from bone dragon)
Myth= Basilisk
Balance= Chimera (One person)

Blaze Battlepyre Lvl 72 (just started drum jungle )

storm a crab? you kidding right? storm has nothing to do with crabs. and skeletal dragon, how would they make it different? the spell looks just like the mount

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
no offense but this will never go through cause than what is the point of crowns to buy mounts?