Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Option: turn off spell animations

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Greetings Professors and wizards of all levels!

I would like to see an option to turn off most of the spell animation.

"What? You want to get rid of the wonderful animations that someone spent time to create?"
Not all of the animation associated with a spell, mind you. Only the parts were they flex, fly in circles, sprout from the ground or fly in from wherever it is the spell creatures stay when not being used for a spell...you get the idea...this would make it so the spell creature appears, swings or wiggles its fingers and leaves.
For AoE spells, it would wiggle its fingers at each mob.
When you have seen the same animation over, and over, and over, and over.......it gets redundant.

"But what if I am not the only wizard in the battle? Will there be a timing synch error if the others watch the animations and I don't?"
If there is more than one wizard in the battle, it would follow the options of the Sun spot. If they have animations off, everyone else would be forced to off. This will reduce the risk of a time synch issue.

"What about wizards not in the battle? What would they see as they go past?"
Anyone watching from outside the battle would see the same as anyone inside the battle. Only they will see it from a distance.

I am sure some of you will have questions of your own, or reasons this will or won't work.
What do the rest of you think?