Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire spell detonate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Either I'm doing it wrong or it just doesn't work. I don't get why not. I got an almost excate spell for my Myth wizard and it worked perfectly. The one for my Fire wizard has yet to work. Little help on just how to use this spell would be appreciated.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Chiera wrote:
Either I'm doing it wrong or it just doesn't work. I don't get why not. I got an almost excate spell for my Myth wizard and it worked perfectly. The one for my Fire wizard has yet to work. Little help on just how to use this spell would be appreciated.

Well, what exactly is going on when you use the spell?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
That's just it nothing happens. I set the spell onto one of my opponents, when it's my turn I lose my pips but the spell stays on me. I have tried to use the spell on myself however it won't let me. When I use the similar spell with my Myth Wizard it transfers the spell to whichever opponent I transfer it to. So the only conclusing I can come to is the spell doesn't work. I posted this message hoping for an answer or for it to get fixed. Thank You very much for your reply I hope this clarify's my predictment and allows you or someone else an opportunity to give counsel.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
before i tell you how this spell works let me tell you ki created it for pvp. detonate works like this. say you use dragon and it hits and then after the main hit it leaves over time damage correct? well say you have 4 pips left over and its in your hand. you use the card on an enemy with the over time damage symbol on him(the thing on the ground that circles them) and then all damage that would have been done over time will be dealt all at once.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
OK thanks, now I understand. It doesn't do me any good because I don't do PvP. Oh Well.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Chiera wrote:
OK thanks, now I understand. It doesn't do me any good because I don't do PvP. Oh Well.

it's not only for pvp you can use it in pve also just knowing when to use it best to use it if you crit with fire dragon or rain of fire. thats really the only time you want to use it other then that save your pips for the next attack. Not sure why people think spells are for pvp only lol. Anyway good luck :)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
redmist01 wrote:
Chiera wrote:

it's not only for pvp you can use it in pve also just knowing when to use it best to use it if you crit with fire dragon or rain of fire. thats really the only time you want to use it other then that save your pips for the next attack. Not sure why people think spells are for pvp only lol. Anyway good luck :)
i dont see death wizards using infection in pve do you? plus i never used detonate besides when i tried to see what it did and i bet the majority of fire wizards didnt either

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
redmist01 wrote:
Chiera wrote:

i dont see death wizards using infection in pve do you? plus i never used detonate besides when i tried to see what it did and i bet the majority of fire wizards didnt either

well i don't know what to tell you but if you use it right in a crit it's nice other then that pointless very rare i ever use it. but again saying it's pvp only it far from the truth.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
redmist01 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
redmist01 wrote:
Chiera wrote:

well i don't know what to tell you but if you use it right in a crit it's nice other then that pointless very rare i ever use it. but again saying it's pvp only it far from the truth.
you know what i guess you can use it when you critical buts whats the point of doing that? if you have 500 health left and you go first then ya by all means use it so save yourself but in normal circumstances i would save my pips in case they live. you do know that it doesnt add any damage to the criticaled dragon or rain right?

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
you know what i guess you can use it when you critical buts whats the point of doing that? if you have 500 health left and you go first then ya by all means use it so save yourself but in normal circumstances i would save my pips in case they live. you do know that it doesnt add any damage to the criticaled dragon or rain right?

Well i was not pointing that like in pvp more less pve to end the round faster type deal. I'm with you on it being pointless and more a joke then anything. Fire really got ripped off on it and Yes i know it does not add to the damage. Am not a pvper more less into farming bosses. Anyway I guess everyone is going to have there own thoughts on spells and so on.