Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets casting sprite too much in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Ok, so i was playing 4v4 PvP yesterday and all the other enemies had pets that casted sprite. IT WAS MADNESS!!! Every single person had AT LEAST 3 heal thingies. ONE GUY HAD SIX!!! And sometimes they used one right after the other. I mean vs a bad guy on the street maybe, but in PvP I think that is just crazy. Can anyone tell me this is crazy?

Explorer
May 02, 2010
ggh2001 wrote:
Ok, so i was playing 4v4 PvP yesterday and all the other enemies had pets that casted sprite. IT WAS MADNESS!!! Every single person had AT LEAST 3 heal thingies. ONE GUY HAD SIX!!! And sometimes they used one right after the other. I mean vs a bad guy on the street maybe, but in PvP I think that is just crazy. Can anyone tell me this is crazy?

The term spritely wars have been coined for this issue. The problem is spritely has become almost mandatory for PvP and as a result everyone has it. It is making matches much longer, if it all possible KI please turn off the spritely animation during PvP.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ahh yes, the PvP whiners and complainers again.

Turn off the animation, stop the madness they say!

Yes, let's turn off the animation for all spells, lets just select the spell and have it reduce health or raise health if it's a heal. Who cares how much time and effort people put into pets, spells, animations, and everything else, so long as the PVP crew is happy!

Have a cookie, nobody likes a whiner.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Ahh yes, the PvP whiners and complainers again.

Turn off the animation, stop the madness they say!

Yes, let's turn off the animation for all spells, lets just select the spell and have it reduce health or raise health if it's a heal. Who cares how much time and effort people put into pets, spells, animations, and everything else, so long as the PVP crew is happy!

Have a cookie, nobody likes a whiner.

LOL .... (in a good way)

ggh2001 wrote:

Wizard101 wasn't built around PvP.

PvP is to learn how to hone your skills and have FUN.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Yes, well. I enjoy my pet's spritely gifts in PvE, especially when I'm being pummeled and below my health comfort level. Somehow, I'm thinking others share this fondness for spritely, and they likely don't care how long the animation takes.

There was an attempt to get spritely casts nerfed to lower frequency at one time. Didn't happen.

Happy Healing,

Qbb/Iridian

Explorer
May 02, 2010
If yall actually read what I said. I only suggested the animation alone be turned off during PvP. The frequency of spritely would still be the same in PvP and PvE. Plus the animation would still play during PvE. The suggestion would simply lower the amount of time spent waiting on the visual effect during PvP.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
compguru1 wrote:
If yall actually read what I said. I only suggested the animation alone be turned off during PvP. The frequency of spritely would still be the same in PvP and PvE. Plus the animation would still play during PvE. The suggestion would simply lower the amount of time spent waiting on the visual effect during PvP.

Nobody is talking about the cast rate. People are talking about you wanting the animation to be turned off, which takes away from the fun of the game. If you cant wait 5 seconds to get healed or you are jelous because others have pets that can cast it, then thats your problem

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
compguru1 wrote:

Nobody is talking about the cast rate. People are talking about you wanting the animation to be turned off, which takes away from the fun of the game. If you cant wait 5 seconds to get healed or you are jelous because others have pets that can cast it, then thats your problem

Hmm let's do some math here. So each person had three sprites and one had six that adds up to 27 sprites. Multiply 27 by 5 and that gets you 135 seconds. Divide that by 60 and that will give you 2 min. and 15 seconds. If you think about that it's a lot of time and this spritely thing doesn't just happen once it can keep going off so saying your battle lasts a while this could easily hit 6 min.

P.S. jealous not jelous you could fix your grammar. -.-

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
compguru1 wrote:

Hmm let's do some math here. So each person had three sprites and one had six that adds up to 27 sprites. Multiply 27 by 5 and that gets you 135 seconds. Divide that by 60 and that will give you 2 min. and 15 seconds. If you think about that it's a lot of time and this spritely thing doesn't just happen once it can keep going off so saying your battle lasts a while this could easily hit 6 min.

Thank you snowyandspots. That is my point exactly and during say a 4vs4 PvP match that say lasts several hours and yes I have been involved in such a match). You can quite easily spent 30 plus minutes just watching spritely go off, not to mention the dots themselves or the pet dancing. To jordanator, I do posses several spritely pets including the one I use for PvP.
It quite simply gets boring watching spritely go off in PvP as often as it triggers, especially during 4vs4.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ah yes, let's change things so we can speed up PvP!

Tempest takes a while and that can go off several times a round.
Most spells, especially the newer ones have super long animations.
Shielding and Blading take a long time.

Yet, the biggest cry is because of spritely and it's animation?

If you have a problem with animations and the time it takes, then maybe you should not be playing PVP, especially 4v4 pvp. Time is what this game is all about, it is a way to pass the time away and have fun.

It is your own perception that makes wathcing these animations boring. Try looking at it a different way, change your perception of it, or try to be a bit more mature and learn some patience.

Life does not always have to be in the fast lane and cut all the corners, take some time out, smell the roses, enjoy the hard work that was put into making this game.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
compguru1 wrote:

Well doctor grammer i will have you know i am only a "c" student in grammer. However in math i have an "a" in math, and Thats not that big of a deal to wait 2 minutes. Pets don't cast sprite too much in pvp. Its the impatience of people that cant wait 5 seconds to get healed, and make a big deal about it. Yes it adds up over time. One resistance point can add up to hundreds of thousands of health saved. But thats over time. It does not matter really in the short run. I mean come on.

ps. Grammer has nothing to do with spelling.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Ah yes, let's change things so we can speed up PvP!

Tempest takes a while and that can go off several times a round.
Most spells, especially the newer ones have super long animations.
Shielding and Blading take a long time.

Yet, the biggest cry is because of spritely and it's animation?

If you have a problem with animations and the time it takes, then maybe you should not be playing PVP, especially 4v4 pvp. Time is what this game is all about, it is a way to pass the time away and have fun.

It is your own perception that makes wathcing these animations boring. Try looking at it a different way, change your perception of it, or try to be a bit more mature and learn some patience.

Life does not always have to be in the fast lane and cut all the corners, take some time out, smell the roses, enjoy the hard work that was put into making this game.

exactly

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Well there pets might be epic then if they heal that much, hey, they wanna win, can you blame them?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
ggh2001 wrote:

That is common in 4v4 because too many spells being cast and multi hit spells that have chance to trigger sprite. in 1v1 or 2v2 its much much less

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
It would be nice if the animation got changed to a minor blessing (0 pip life spell) and then the HoT would appear. I will admit it can get boring staring at a screen and waiting for the bombardment of sprites to end, go on to the next player, and repeat the process.