Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Hello! I am going to move very soon from my house
And I must say where I am moving is more country then I'm used to.
I am only asking this question because I am TRULY desperate for an answer.
Does wizard101 work on satellite connection??? I do NOT know what kind of provider it is because I have not been informed of this. Although my friend ingame told me that some can and some can't I am truly wondering if satellite connection works with wizard101 (in reference to) ccan you even start the game? would it be too slow? Thhank you and anyone who is knoledgable can answer. And I made this thread because I WANT to continue playing wizard101 but I do not know if I can because of this. And i want to tell you, buying a router is not an option thanks for your help and I really dont know what to do if this isnt answered

Logan FireDust Level 39 Fire

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
loganhart911 wrote:
Does wizard101 work on satellite connection??? I do NOT know what kind of provider it is because I have not been informed of this. Although my friend ingame told me that some can and some can't I am truly wondering if satellite connection works with wizard101 (in reference to) ccan you even start the game? would it be too slow? Thhank you and anyone who is knoledgable can answer. And I made this thread because I WANT to continue playing wizard101 but I do not know if I can because of this. And i want to tell you, buying a router is not an option thanks for your help and I really dont know what to do if this isnt answered

Satellite would not be too slow at all. The only downfall I can see is if there's a storm moving in; you might lose your connection until it clears. just like satellite tv.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
loganhart911 wrote:

You might want to contact KI Support regarding this question, once you have enough specific information (provider, download/upload speeds, etc). I personally don't think you will have any problems playing Wizard101 on satellite. Other MMOs may be affected by satellite though. Any game that requires split second timing will likely be degraded by satellite. There was one level in URU Myst that I could not complete with my satellite ISP because it required my character to time a jump perfectly. I had to temporarily play that level on someone else's cable ISP. I don't believe Wizard101 has any one or two second critical timings and I don't remember having any issues using satellite with Wizard101 back in 2009.