Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoard Of The Hydra Pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
I plan on buying some Hoard Of The Hydra packs from the Crown Shop, but I have a question. I am level 70, but is it possible to still obtain level 80 equipment? Or do I have to be level 80 to obtain it? Please reply with answer! Thanks! :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DannyD wrote:
I plan on buying some Hoard Of The Hydra packs from the Crown Shop, but I have a question. I am level 70, but is it possible to still obtain level 80 equipment? Or do I have to be level 80 to obtain it? Please reply with answer! Thanks! :D

Hey, Danny~ I asked about this, too, and here's the response I got:

What level the gear is for depends on which wizard buys the pack~ it works in 10-level intervals, and the stats will change accordingly. For example, my archmage bought a few packs, and the gear she got was for level 80+ only; but, if my level 31 Life wiz bought the pack, it would have slightly-altered stats and be for level 30+ only. Therefore, yours would be for level 70+ wizards only, and the stats will adjust themselves accordingly.

Hope this helps~ If I've missed anything, I hope someone will correct me.

Cheers,
El Veeb

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
I've done a expiriment with the Dragon's Hoard before. I was level 62, I believe, and it was after ZF came out and before AV came out. I only got 60+ gear, no 70s. So, I predict no. you will only get 70+ unless you are 80 (60+ if 60-69, 50+ if 50-59, etc.) Plus, Waterworks gear is still the best :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DannyD wrote:

I'm positive you have to claim the pack with a level 80 character to get the level 80 gear. Only the store bought bundle cards allow you to choose the tier level gear.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
DannyD wrote:
Comes in tiers based on level. You will probably want to wait till 80.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Hello my names Duncan,
Anyways so my friend and I bought the Hoard of the Hydra pack. But we didn't get the hydra mount or gear. :-( All we got was a bobble head, exclusive pet snacks, and a pet crabling. It was my first time using crowns. Do you always get what it says you get? Or is it like when you buy a membership and it depend on the month you get it the different card for your pet you get?

Sincerely,
DuncanDragonheart