Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is not right

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
There needs to be a better set up for PVP, it is by no means fair for a new private .. even a level 80 PVE player to try and enjoy the game beyond the restrictive levels only to be ranked against Sergeant and even commander level players in ranked PVP play.

Seriously, I decided to try pvp after completing Avalon and found that I won a match against an equal Private ranked player, and then, every single match that followed was against very senior PVP players, ie sergeant, captains, and commanders. ... Please, pray tell, HOW IS THIS FAIR?

If this is KI's vision of PVP well you can kiss my two years of significant contributions to an otherwise exceptionally decent game .... goodbye.

Educate the masses or fix the perceived discrepancies. It's KI choice. I can except losses, but I am not willing to continue paying to loose against impossible odds. I consider a pvt first time PVP applying for ranked battles and being paired with significantly higher ranked PVP players as significantly inappropriate.

Seriously, take literal battle as an example, how is a boot camp private suppose to overcome an experienced PVPer with attendant PVP level spells in any contest?

I would like commentary on this issue.

Is it really fair? ... or is it geared towards specif players?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
chad4944 wrote:
There needs to be a better set up for PVP, it is by no means fair for a new private .. even a level 80 PVE player to try and enjoy the game beyond the restrictive levels only to be ranked against Sergeant and even commander level players in ranked PVP play.

Seriously, I decided to try pvp after completing Avalon and found that I won a match against an equal Private ranked player, and then, every single match that followed was against very senior PVP players, ie sergeant, captains, and commanders. ... Please, pray tell, HOW IS THIS FAIR?

If this is KI's vision of PVP well you can kiss my two years of significant contributions to an otherwise exceptionally decent game .... goodbye.

Educate the masses or fix the perceived discrepancies. It's KI choice. I can except losses, but I am not willing to continue paying to loose against impossible odds. I consider a pvt first time PVP applying for ranked battles and being paired with significantly higher ranked PVP players as significantly inappropriate.

Seriously, take literal battle as an example, how is a boot camp private suppose to overcome an experienced PVPer with attendant PVP level spells in any contest?

A lot of people have been complaining about the matching system. This only seems to affect Ranked PvP, however. Practice PvP is normally fine for 1v1, if you wish to continue. Kingsisle has announced that they are working on a solution, but are not willing to share what it is or when it will be ready.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, the real question for you, is what level was your opponent? Yes, they may have been Sgt., Cpt. or Commander, but were they level 80 such as yourself?

Being a level 80 and facing a commander that is level 60, you don't see how this would even out the odds?

Granted, some things are being worked on by KI. PvP is going to be fixed, but honestly, the PvP complaints are getting seriously out of control.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
chad4944 wrote:

A lot of people have been complaining about the matching system. This only seems to affect Ranked PvP, however. Practice PvP is normally fine for 1v1, if you wish to continue. Kingsisle has announced that they are working on a solution, but are not willing to share what it is or when it will be ready.

Practice pvp is fine because you can pick who you go up against. When i did a ranked 4v4 earlier with all archmage, there were 3 privates on my team and a sergeant. Then the other team, 2 commanders, a sergeant, and a captain. How is this fair?!? Due to our first turn advantage, we somehow escaped due to no one resisting storm lord stunning. I am not complaining, as long as the people with the lower rank players, get the first turn advantage more times then not.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
chad4944 wrote:

They never specified what any PvP changes were to come, the extent of any Changes or a timeframe on those changes actually. Not very wise to lead people to believe it has anything to do with the matching system when that is false information.

I would think a puppet fix (not allowing top level individuals to pair with a level 1) would be enough as the system works quite well besides the puppet issue.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Rank system is ok. Not the best but it is ok.

Not many people play in the arena nowadays so perhaps that is the reason why you were matched with those ranks. When you wait a bit, the gap lessens to avoid waiting for a very long time.

The matching system depends on both level and rank. I have a 70 warlord, i get matched with 80 warlords. Although there is a 10 level gap, I think it is totally fair because they are a bit lower in rank than me. Level 60 warlords can be matched against level 80 high commanders. That is still fair.

Also you have to note that there is also a chance that you will be matched with the same rank (private) just to realized they are down rankers meaning they really are warlords.

My advice is : It is best to play in practice first (set a level gap) then when you got the hang of it, go to rank. Of course practice and rank play is very different but it is still a great way to prepare you for rank pvp.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Well, the real question for you, is what level was your opponent? Yes, they may have been Sgt., Cpt. or Commander, but were they level 80 such as yourself?

Being a level 80 and facing a commander that is level 60, you don't see how this would even out the odds?

Granted, some things are being worked on by KI. PvP is going to be fixed, but honestly, the PvP complaints are getting seriously out of control.

Yea they are getting out of control. It seems pvp is tearing pvpers apart now. Although there is a lot of problems starting to pile up so more complaints are starting to show.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Never thought of that, even thou I a Captain and should know this stuff.