Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quests that involve enemy drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
i am balance and i find my self putting blades on others but i have a guess that if you deal a lot of damage that drops involved in your quest the chance is raised but since i blade a lot i rarely find myself getting the drops required for my quests and tips or hints i have many guesses such as following the arrow to an exact enemy or being in the battle the longest are any of my guesses right?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
auguni123 wrote:
i am balance and i find my self putting blades on others but i have a guess that if you deal a lot of damage that drops involved in your quest the chance is raised but since i blade a lot i rarely find myself getting the drops required for my quests and tips or hints i have many guesses such as following the arrow to an exact enemy or being in the battle the longest are any of my guesses right?

I have found it is possible that it is totally random.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
:(I am an lvl 73 ice wizard right now and i have heard people get awesome cloths from some strong bosses i have been fighting some strong ice bosses and i still dont get any stonger cloths for my wizard :x so can you make bosses to drop out better things.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The drops are totally random, and that there isn't a trick or anything special you have to do to increase your chances of getting stuff.

Sometimes you get what you want/need, and sometimes you don't. You can always go back to the boss to "farm" and try again.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
In mooshu i had to defeat some random ronin keyholder 30 times to get the thingy the quest wanted me to get. What are the chances, i mean, 3%?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
auguni123 wrote:

Any and all drops are still completely random, regardless of your level or school.

Example: earlier today, my level 62 Death wiz went through Waterworks with another wizard, who kept demanding that I heal him and keep passing... I let him have at Luska for a bit, but finally got sick of him and started attacking. I got my hood, but my obnoxious teammate didn't (and he tore me apart before abandoning me in there by myself, lol); therefore, it doesn't matter who does what... it's random, as this instance proves. LOL.

Happy trails,
El Veeb

(aka Laura Shadowsong, archmage sorceress
& Val Deathwhisper, legendary necromancer)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wizard101 I have found, over time, is based around chance to get. I am not sure luck enters into it much but every wizard has a chance to get what they go after. Think about all the chances to get you may deal with if you do more then just follow quests around the Spiral, add gardening, crafting and pets which all involve a chance to get.

To that end it does make the game of have and have nots. It also creates a divide in the game, some what like the menu chat and regular chat is. A lot of people get tired of all the chance to get and move on from Wizards entirely.

A lot of being the wizard that "has" involves how much time you have to invest in the game too.

Personally I have tried to seek a level where chance isn't needed as much since it does wear on me to constantly not get things in all areas repeatedly. I am determined not to feel remorse when I don't get things I want out of the game and I move on. Of course I am also perfectly happy with the game being over at the end of DragonSprye, from there on the game takes a turn from some what stress free fun to total stress, yet another divide in the game.