Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks Tricks Claims

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
Ok, I just want to get this out here, period. There are absolutely no tips or tricks to getting your school gear from Sylster and Luska. I have asked KI and they replied telling me it was luck and not damage. The only absolutely proven trick that I have heard from my most trusted friends is that if you pick up the Pearl Reagent your chances are lowered from getting the gear. Also, if you flee you can't get the gear. I fled four times straight without knowing this, and I only got my hat from Luska, but I didn't flee when I was fighting him. After I didn't flee on my next 2 tries I got my Robe and Boots. Also, I meant flee when fighting Sylster, not in the other parts of the dungeon.

Cheryl
:) :) :)

Administrator
All absolutely false.

As our support team told you, it's all a matter of chance. There's nothing you can do to influence that chance. The spells you cast, the items you have in your backpack, the friends you bring (or don't bring) the dance you do, the chat you say, absolutely none of it has any influence on the rewards you will receive from the duel.

Rumors can be very damaging, please do not participate in spreading them.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
All absolutely false.

As our support team told you, it's all a matter of chance. There's nothing you can do to influence that chance. The spells you cast, the items you have in your backpack, the friends you bring (or don't bring) the dance you do, the chat you say, absolutely none of it has any influence on the rewards you will receive from the duel.

well i did waterworks more that 30 times for my storm boots and still didnt get it. also when i was doing waterworks i died and went back by myself and it didnt let me join with my friend. is this a glitch or something else. and i got so mad when that happen. i didnt even get any drops for all my hard work and it was a waste of time. plz help KI.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
link1216 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
All absolutely false.

well i did waterworks more that 30 times for my storm boots and still didnt get it. also when i was doing waterworks i died and went back by myself and it didnt let me join with my friend. is this a glitch or something else. and i got so mad when that happen. i didnt even get any drops for all my hard work and it was a waste of time. plz help KI.

Well here we have it: according to some hints, mark your spot out side before you enter - make a note of the realm as it is possible you have some how gotten off one onto another when you returned, am not sure that is possible but that is what I have heard.

As for WaterWorks I think back in it's day it was the hardest thing you had to battle over and over again - now as the game has progressed larger battles and cheating bosses are common, it gets tedious to advance your wizard with improper gear, have to battle larger monsters/dungeons and have to farm WaterWorks repeatedly for the gear that would help it go a bit easier. I can say I probably know how the hamster in the wheel feels.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
One thing I've noticed is that if you flee, you MAY go to the commons IN A DIFFERENT REALM!
Make sure you know which realm you are in before you start the dungeon, and if you have to flee, make sure you are in the same realm before you go back in!

Rogan

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I have done WW several Times, it took only three tries to receive 2 complete sets of the clothes (hat, robe, shoes) and the other various great drops.

Like Professor Greyrose said, it is just a chance, no rhyme or reason, we can try to make it more work than it has to, but in the end, you will get what you get, no matter what you do or do not do. (Mirror Lake is the same thing, as was Malistaire in DS)

If we continue to spread the untruths and rumors of the game i will make it harder and more confusing for new Wizards who are just starting out. As an upperclassman, I would rather help fellow students learn the facts of the game and good strategy to succeed. :)

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
This info is helpful :) I will keep this in mind when I have to do Waterworks :-)

*~Emmy~*
*~Cheese Queen~*