Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plauge oni

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I just beat the dungeon for the plague oni but my friend got me into the temple so i didn't defeat the wave bringer. when i did the dungeon again cause Professor Balestrom said i had to be the plague oni for plague ooze i did the whole dungeon and defeated the wavebringer. but when i got into the temple nobody was there! plz someoen tell me is this a glitch or something

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If it's the temple where the Plague Oni is, you need to go to the lantern light fixture at the bottom of the ramp. That's where you reset the dungeon to fight the Plague Oni again.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Don't worry, same thing happened with me as well. I got really mad at first but what I did was leave the game entirely, boot it back up and do it all over again. It may seem like a lot of work but it brings you one step closer to Dragon Spyre. :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
andrewk1771 wrote:
I just beat the dungeon for the plague oni but my friend got me into the temple so i didn't defeat the wave bringer. when i did the dungeon again cause Professor Balestrom said i had to be the plague oni for plague ooze i did the whole dungeon and defeated the wavebringer. but when i got into the temple nobody was there! plz someoen tell me is this a glitch or something

It's not a glitch. You ported in and although you killed the Oni, didn't get credit for the quest. When you went back in, it was too soon after you killed the Oni. The dungeon resets itself after 30 minutes. You should be able to go back and do it over, the right way, and get credit this time.

Sorry, this is the downside to porting into dungeons; unless you have the quest yourself, you will have to do it over again.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
andrewk1771 wrote:
i tell you its not a glitch, because you already defeated plague oni before you complete the point of the dungeon where you actually get there, plague oni wont be there. you need to wait a while. ( at least a few hours) cause you already killed it. it wont be there

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
If it's the temple where the Plague Oni is, you need to go to the lantern light fixture at the bottom of the ramp. That's where you reset the dungeon to fight the Plague Oni again.

were is this lantern? is it at the start of the dungeon or is it in the plague oni's temple?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The lantern is inside the temple at the base of the ramp. You can fight the Plague Oni any time by using the lantern to reset the dungeon.

Survivor
May 31, 2012
help please!! I have been trying for a few days now to get into the Shirataki Temple to do 2 different assignments: one from Mossback and one from the villager man standing outside the electrical field... sorry do not remember all the names ... I follow the story lines exactly and have done everything that I know to get past the electrified shield ... earlier in the dungeon I lit the brazier that appeared in the middle of the street and it allowed me to pass on .. I can not find anything to make the electrified field go away and let me into the temple ... I just get sucked into another fight with the watertornado looking girls ...I actually have two plague quests to do inside plus the one for Mossback... if there is a side quest prior to getting inside the temple could someone please tell me fast ... I will have to move on to grizzelheim but I prefer to complete one world prior to going on to the next ... hope someone can help ... looked everywhere for an answer prior to posting this ... thanks for a great game ... by the way I am over 60 and loving this game,,,,